Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 03-05-2015, 08:04 AM
Ravenspirit

My Mom died of addiction. I think she does come back but only in dreams because that's what I asked her to do. After her death I saw her actual spirit but it was very upsetting so I asked her not to appear to me again. I have once in a while smelled her very distinctive perfume too but if she is around she's not physically manifesting for which I am grateful. I don't like that, seeing dead people. I find it very disturbing even when they're people I know.

I think people like my Mom they have a lot of afterlife work to do. My Mom was very depressed and in a lot of pain before she died. She couldn't leave fast enough I don't think. I do think she has regrets though. I get the sense that she's still in spirit form doesn't want to come back and live another life. I think she's waiting on my Dad. I think they've lived many lives together and that she expects to reincarnate with him or maybe rest with him for a while. Whichever, she doesn't want to leave permanently until he can come with her.

We have major issues Mom and me and honestly I don't want to see her when I die. Spending all eternity in heaven with Mom, that's MY idea of Hell. That sounds mean but given our history it's pretty understandable. I have to make a real effort not to hate my Mom, to allow for her illness sometimes, even now. Mentally I can forgive her and do that, but emotionally it's not so easy even now and that's despite therapy and lots of years trying. She's just the last person I'd choose to spend my afterlife with...
Old 03-05-2015, 08:12 AM
JohnDoeMay2015

I cannot speak to your primary question as I am not a proponent of reincarnation but rather rebirth. However, as someone who will be celebrating twenty-three years clean and sober after a $3000/day habit next week - I would suggest that addicts don't all leave the same way. :)
Old 31-12-2015, 01:25 PM
Knower
Its been my experience that addiction carry's over into the astral realm. One departed spirit sent me this message - "Cocaine is Devil's food". Quite often those addicted will look for physical host's with the same addictive vibration and enter through the damaged physical shell of that addicted person. I avoid bar's for that reason. Odds are if someone as abused drugs for a period of years they will pick up a spiritual attachment.
Old 31-12-2015, 02:28 PM
Administrator
All addictions are of earthly plains not spiritual ones anyone who passes through addiction illness or anything else are nursed back to health in spirit.they can come through to give validation.some come through through an enabler that is someone who passed longer and helps the spirit give a message.the addictions are on an earthly body not spiritual.i have given messages from such spirit to loved ones.

Namaste
Old 01-01-2016, 12:50 AM
Guide

As someone who had 2 nde's & addictions in my 20s (one of those nde's due to an addiction, the other as a small toddler) I can ensure you that there is no way you will know what happens after your death until you get there. The problem with all these stories, is not that they arent true...its that there are so many multi-dimensions based on each individuals personal mind, emotions & spirit. It is not like going to level 1 or 2 on a nintendo game.

It is very abstract and is constructed through energy that has already been created/and has yet to be created through one's vibrations of personal energies. A person has more sides to them than addiction. When you look at an addict, you see only one thing...their addiction, but that person has also loved, been loved, created, sacrificed, worked, learned, given, taken, fished, painted, danced, parented, amongst many other experiences.

We are not one dimensional beings, we are multi energetic dimensional beings. If we all sat together in a group & were given a set of pencils, colors, paints & brushes...we would not all draw the same picture. We are not linear, we are more than abstract. If a soul were to die, the main energy surrounding that soul at the time of death would most likely manifest first...fear, curiosity, love, hate, ect into a picture or scene of how we imagined those feelings play out.

But we dont feel one emotion, we feel many emotions. High, lows & everything inbetween. The problem with trying to describe the afterlife in words comes with the fact, that its not black & white....its a multitude of dimensions of certain aspects of our souls, emotions, thoughts, feelings, ect. Whatever we choose to focus on is what is manifested, but even that can change with a thought or focus...because we are energy/light that moves, faster than the speed of light. It is instant.

Does that mean what the other posters said is untrue...no, it means there is a hologram, image or dimension that has been manifested where those who focus on alcohol may visit...among other dimensions.

Its easy to focus on the needle....in the hay stack, or one flower on a full blooming tree in a forest.
Old 01-01-2016, 12:55 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoeMay2015
I cannot speak to your primary question as I am not a proponent of reincarnation but rather rebirth. However, as someone who will be celebrating twenty-three years clean and sober after a $3000/day habit next week - I would suggest that addicts don't all leave the same way. :)

How one departs the physical realm is a major factor. Those that exit without warning via accident are suddenly experiencing something many don't understand. I agree with native spirit in that one can be worked back to health of the other side. However some departed spirits can spent many earthly years in the lower astral realms in a confused state. Factors such as emotional state of being when passing and soul awareness must be considered'.
Old 01-01-2016, 01:03 AM
Super Moderator
Most people are addicted to something.
It doesn't always have to be a physical substance.
And we all 'die' eventually.....

As far as I know, we are all welcomed to our Spiritual Home and come into the wider perspective of our Being again. Except, I imagine, for those who strongly desire NOT to do so!

And when we get there, whatever challenges we met or failed or hurdles we had to leap and tumbled, will all be in the "Experience" of that particular life on Earth we chose to work with. There will be no accusations, there will be no imprisonment of mind or Soul. We will see the complete tapestry of the most recent life, and other lives.
There really will be no 'fails'.
The perspective of the Spirit-Self is quite elevated.

Of course we ourselves may feel that we have not done as well as we would have wished to, or may have unfinished business with aspects of our adaptation to the personality we chose to ensoul. That won't be great cause for any guilt or regret but may cause a great yearning to try again, to overcome something necessary for growth.

On the other hand we may find that we have served others, in ways we didn't imagine -even as a result of our 'failings' while on Earth!

All will be revealed when we cross over.
Old 01-01-2016, 01:07 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bud
[/b]
How one departs the physical realm is a major factor. Those that exit without warning via accident are suddenly experiencing something many don't understand. I agree with native spirit in that one can be worked back to health of the other side. However some departed spirits can spent many earthly years in the lower astral realms in a confused state. Factors such as emotional when passing and soul awareness must be considered'.
That really depends. Here is an example, if one focuses and that energy is the main feeling they have in life, it is where most of their energy is going to attract in the afterlife. So say, if I were to hold onto and obsess over a being abused or abandoned as a child...those feelings I have focused on & have ruled my physical life, are going to have more of an impact on the vibrational state or level I am in, more than the car accident I just died in or addiction that I died from. I would honestly have to say, there is help there, but if one refuses or cant let go of the earthly pain they suffered...and not go into the light, they would create & manifest what they know & are famililar with from their physical life. Crossing over is instant, not into a light, but the transition itself is very fast. It is equal to closing your eyes and opening them once you let go. For me, I was in a state of peace, although it was a substance overdose...I was also confused about where I was. The longer you are there, the more memory that comes back with your feelings. I literally had no memory right away, of my physical life here. I did see a light, although I did not go into it...it was blocked by a loved one and angel ( oh the irony, I was an atheist at the time) I was fine emotionally, but my environment was a bit cloudy...which was a result of where my mind was at the time in general, not just before my death...but life, too. I know for me personally, the feeling I had there....I had no need to drink or do drugs again & I didnt even go into the light. It is this physical earth, dealing with prejudice, ignorance, abuse, judgement, sadness, grief, ect...that causes people to use here. Those are not big issues in the afterlife...unless a soul truly enjoys those things. I can imagine that if I wanted to manifest a big bottle of whiskey & go drink next to an angel to celebrate my homecoming, I could have.

There was someone there to meet me. I dont think I would have stayed in a state of confusion very long, because from my own experience...I had help waiting for me before I even got there. I imagine that others do too...but are too stubborn for whatever reasons to listen.
Old 01-01-2016, 01:19 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Most people are addicted to something.
It doesn't always have to be a physical substance.
And we all 'die' eventually.....

As far as I know, we are all welcomed to our Spiritual Home and come into the wider perspective of our Being again. Except, I imagine, for those who strongly desire NOT to do so!

And when we get there, whatever challenges we met or failed or hurdles we had to leap and tumbled, will all be in the "Experience" of that particular life on Earth we chose to work with. There will be no accusations, there will be no imprisonment of mind or Soul. We will see the complete tapestry of the most recent life, and other lives.
There really will be no 'fails'.
The perspective of the Spirit-Self is quite elevated.

Of course we ourselves may feel that we have not done as well as we would have wished to, or may have unfinished business with aspects of our adaptation to the personality we chose to ensoul. That won't be great cause for any guilt or regret but may cause a great yearning to try again, to overcome something necessary for growth.

On the other hand we may find that we have served others, in ways we didn't imagine -even as a result of our 'failings' while on Earth!

All will be revealed when we cross over.
I believe in our natural energetic soul state, this is true. The first feeling I had there, was the same feeling you have when you wake up in the morning, undisturbed by yesterday's problems. It was like waking up in my bed, gathering my thoughts, and realizing I am in my bed after a long night of rest. Thats the best way I can describe my first feelings there...like I was waking up to a new day, but it was a new dimension. Everything seemed neutral, balanced & natural like it does when you wake up naturally from sleeping in and are ready to get up. No euphoria, No pain, no anxiety...just a natural, untainted, undisturbed state. Now remember, this was a drug overdose...and not a hallucigenic drug either. So my moment of departure had nothing to do with the feelings I had after my nde. I was also shown later, (I started having premonitions of the future and dreams of past lives after this nde) that most souls, when realizing they are going to die...their souls actually can leave their body before the impact or cause of death. I was shown an ancient volcano eruptions where people were scattering and panicking...the color of their skin actually faded (to show that their souls were already detaching from the body) moments before they were killed, even though outwardly they were still running from the danger. I concluded that they werent completely detached, but their energy was already leaving the body to help detach from trauma or pain. The same way endorphins are released from the brain moments before death, to help let go and transition to a new realm..hence, also why so many doctors believe this is a hallucination and not a transitional aid.
Old 01-01-2016, 01:55 AM
Guide

My mother was an alcoholic. It ultimately lead to her death. We never had much of a relationship, for that and other reasons.

Is she in a lower realm on the other side, or somehow suffering because of the nature of her death? No.

Come to find out (by talking to guides and her spirit afterwards) her drinking was an effort to kill the pain of being stuck in a realm that did not suit her energy/needs.

After recovering from the guilt of this life (it took time, years in fact) she ultimately accepted my forgiveness and believes that I loved her all along. With that assurance, she has moved onward and upward.

She is actually a very highly evolved spirit, but she agreed to incarnate and be my mother to help me follow the path I'd chosen. So I say no, being an addict or alcoholic is not necessarily going to result in a painful afterlife.

Forgive. You may find your mother isn't who you thought she was.