Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Closed Thread

Old 22-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Daniella

Death is easier than birth

I've been reading through your posts and one thing keeps coming to mind.

I once read a book titled "On the Death of my Son", it's a true story about a man who lost his son in a dreadful car accident. The father was a lawyer and heavily involved with the church.

His family was devastated his son's death. The father one day recieved a note from a medium, a woman he had once helped through difficult legal times. The note basically stated that she would like to assist him in his grief. He threw it out at first, but days later the pain was unbearable and he found the note and contacted the woman. Upon visiting her, he discovered he could speak to his son through her.

They met often and amongst so many other amazing conversations, his son explained the afterlife, and gave answers to so many of our common questions. One of the things that the son mentioned was the fact that dying is far easier on the soul than birth.

In birth, your soul goes from an unlimited spirit of light and becomes cramped into a tiny body where it must learn to do the simplest of abilities.
This is apparently a very painful experience for the soul.

Whereas in dying, the soul is now released from the confines of the body and returns to the higher plane, to fulfill it's duties or otherwise return again.

I am being vague on the topic as the book gives a far better explanation on this and many other incredible topics.

Let me know if you'd like to hear more
Old 22-04-2007, 02:08 PM
Master
Daniella, yes, please! I'd love to hear more. I was sitting here thinking about starting a topic about fearing death, but couldn't figure out just how I wanted to approach it. Thank you for coming to my rescue!

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Old 22-04-2007, 04:25 PM
Daniella

Certainly Mother Goose,

The book is titled "On the Death of my Son" by Jasper Swain, and the synopsis reads:"A true testament which records the author's reactions to the death of his eldest son in a car accident and the messages of comfort and instruction he then received of his son's existence after death. He discovered the real reasons for human existence and the spiritual laws that govern us. "

- just in case you might like to have a read... the book is definitely worth owning.

The son explains a lot about death and the afterlife. For instance as I mentioned earlier - that it's far more painful for the soul to experience birth than it is for the soul to overcome death.

There was something else he mentioned which may assist you or anyone else with a fear of death...
He stated that his soul was removed from his body before the accident even happened. He remembers looking down at his vehicle colliding with another and witnessing his own death, but he didn't feel the slightest instance of pain or shock... when his death was near, his soul was removed from his physical body.

He describes what it means to live in 'heaven' or 'hell' as we call it. But it is completely different to what we perceive it to be.
He speaks of three planes... ours being the middle.
"Heaven" or the highest plane, exists at a much higher vibration... pure energy, this is why souls find it difficult to communicate with us on our plain - their vibrations are far higher than ours. This also explains why electrical appliances are affected by their presence and sometimes souls on the higher plane will attempt to communicate with us through these electrical appliances (Lights flickering, tv's changing channels or switching on and off etc.).

What is very important to understand about this is that the soul can create anything it can think of - in the highest plane you can think of a car and it will be presented to you... but the hard part is if you imagine a magazine picture of a car that is what you will get, so you will need to imagine the car as 3D with all it's parts and finishes - far harder than we realize (this is the example that he gives).

So "Hell" or the lowest plane, is of a far slower vibration. But what's important to know is that we put our souls there... nothing else decides. He states that souls are not necessarily different out of the body than when they were alive... I'll give an analogy as the best way to describe it.
Let's take an alcaholic, simply because he dies and the soul has left the physical body does not mean he has lost his addiction. What happens is that when he realizes he can simply think of alcahol and it will appear to him, he will continue to do so and create all the alcohol he desires... his "hell", however, is when he realizes that the alcohol he manifests does not make him drunk, so all the alcohol in the world does not numb him and so he must face sobriety forever.

Just one more thing and then I'll have to stop before I give the entire book away, his views on suicide. To put it extremely simply... should a soul not be able to survive life and choose to end it, it will immediately be sent to the higher plane for a rest period... apparently when one commits suicide it is a huge shock to the soul and therefore must be treated delicately. But once the soul is rejuvinated, it is sent back to the middle plane to experience ALL of it's previous troubles over again... and will do so until the soul overcomes this life.

This is as the book explains, I really hope I'm not giving away too much, but the book has much more to offer than some of my explanations here. If you are interested or worried about death and the afterlife, this book is a great source - regardless of whether you believe it or not... it really gives a different perspective, that, I think, could valuable to everyone.

I hope this answers some of your questions ;).

LD
Old 23-04-2007, 01:10 AM
tiltjlp

Hi Daniella,

Thanks for the mini-review. It sounds like an interesting book, for sure. I'll check and see if my library has it. While I don't know if I'll take it at face value, it does seem worth reading.

John
Old 23-04-2007, 01:17 AM
Master
Daniella, thank you so much for the synopsis! Sounds like it may have some points in it that I'd agree with, but like John said...not sure that I'd just take all of it at 'face value.'

Thanks again!

Old 23-04-2007, 06:38 AM
Daniella

The truth is yours...

Please take what you can from the teachings of the book and leave the rest on the pages...

The wonders of the gift of choice - I just love it!

LD
Old 23-04-2007, 11:57 AM
Master
*giggles* Yes, 'the wonders of the gift of choice'....definitely a GIFT! And a gift I find immeasurable!

Old 23-04-2007, 02:32 PM
pebble

sounds very interesting. thanks for sharing this information. you are a wonderful speaker. I shall get the book.
Old 23-04-2007, 07:08 PM
Deactivated Account
That book sounds really great, thanks for the information. I will have to see id I can order it! The Conversations with God series also gives information about what happens after you die, and from what you've said the book you mentioned sounds similar. I don't believe the experience will be identical for each person anyway, but it's interesting to see how different books compare in their views.
Old 30-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Daniella

Thank you for mentioning the Conversation with God books Starbuck. I have not even read them and I am always left with a great sense of truth when hearing about it or seeing passages from it.

In fact, my mother has read them all and often tells me about them... There is a very strong message to be found in them.

It turns out Neale Donald Walsch will be coming to South Africa this month for a couple of seminars, and my mother will be going - I look forward to hearing about it and will let you know how it goes.

As far as your comment about the similarities in different books and teachings. I find that if I pay attention... I am sometimes amazed by how often the same idea can be put in completely different ways and is so often mistaken to be a different message.

Thanks for bringing this up Starbuck.

LD
Closed Thread