Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 05-12-2011, 04:18 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
I learn from ALL my students. There are sometimes information that comes in differently from a student and I accept it graciously and it helps me see things differently. As a medium, we are born like this, we have to learn to teach it. It's not the easiest thing to explain! We know how, we just don't know how to tell YOU how. ! :)

Just great :O)

We are all teachers and students, just because we start to teach others oure leaning proses don't stop. I thinl its weary important to understand and accept that the people around us are able to teach us something and we are willing to learn.

Yours

A Peaceful Mind
Old 05-12-2011, 08:59 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
Teaching mediumship sounds like trying to teach a blind person with no eyeballs to see. Either you have the gift or you dont. Many incredible gifts out there I am sure everyone has at least one. So remember if anyone asks you for money to teach you this or any other paranormal gifts run.

I'm with you on this one Occultist, albeit your username almost stopped me reading your contribution in the first place! I'd bet we see mediumship in very different ways but no matter.

I've lost count of the number of places and times I've said the same thing - it can never be shown that mediumship etc was not already dormant in an individual. The original discussion point can get submerged beneath strong beliefs and personal stories.

Some folk just can't accept the simple premise. They resort to belief that a particular 'spiritual gift' was learned/taught. The eventual outcome is unaffected - either it happens or it doesn't.

I wonder if it's because individuals need to feel special?
Old 05-12-2011, 09:24 AM
mattie

Learning From Many Teachers

It’s not a stupid question.

That you see your self as moving past your teacher doesn’t negate that this teacher may have had a valuable role in your teaching. It may be that the ‘split second’ you were w/ this teacher provided something valuable for you. It may have been instrumental in you developing your own meditation technique. There are many things that work for different people. It is natural that we teach what works for us. That you developed a meditation technique that she didn’t use doesn't mean that she was deficient in her knowledge or that you were superior. It just means a different technique was effective for you.

It may well be that she knows many valuable things about which you’re unaware. Sometimes when we’re newbies we can have a tendency to grade others about what level they’re at energetically/spiritually. As we learn more, we realize we’re all on the same journey a precious few steps apart.

Don't expect any single teacher to be the source of all learning.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Lorraine Holloway-White

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthprowler
i have a question that i hope doesn't sound stupid. i know there seem to be teachers of many kind, some of mediumship that help to teach others. I taught what I know to myself......had a teacher for a split second but it seemed that I was teaching her more than she taught me (she taught a class weekly on meditating and I gave her the way I did it and it worked for some of the people that attended). When I first met her she told me that her guide told me she was to teach me. How was that possible? I was much newer at all of it than she was, she'd been doing it for years......what gives?

hopefully that made a little sense.
You sound like you're a natural medium and as such we are usually far more advanced and on a much higher level of awareness than man taught mediums which is why you found what you did.
The only real teachers of mediumistic gifts are the spirit world. We as mankind can only help you listen to what your guides are trying to show you and teach you. Sadly, most teachings today are all based on one thing - spiritualism - and that is very wrong for natural mediums as Sensitives are very different in the ways they work and do things than forced mediums.

Trust in your spirit guides to teach you. Your spirit helpers will work with you for readings and giving messages, but your spirit guides are the ones who guide you on your spiritual journey and show you which ways you are to work. It is a myth that all mediums have to do readings and platform work - most don't and work in other ways - myself included.
Good luck with finding your way. Use your instincts - they are your best guide. xx
Old 12-12-2011, 01:36 PM
Lorraine Holloway-White

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I'm with you on this one Occultist, albeit your username almost stopped me reading your contribution in the first place! I'd bet we see mediumship in very different ways but no matter.

I've lost count of the number of places and times I've said the same thing - it can never be shown that mediumship etc was not already dormant in an individual. The original discussion point can get submerged beneath strong beliefs and personal stories.

Some folk just can't accept the simple premise. They resort to belief that a particular 'spiritual gift' was learned/taught. The eventual outcome is unaffected - either it happens or it doesn't.

I wonder if it's because individuals need to feel special?
Sorry, there is nothing special about it. People are born with gifts and others aren't and the spiritual gifts are no different.

We can all sing, but we cannot all be Pavaroti's or Susan Boyle's - they were born with that special gift within them and so they shine at it. The same with anything in life and mediumship and healing are the same. It is easy to tell who are the natural born mediums and who are the man taught ones.

We can all 'learn' the gifts, but some are born with it and it doesn't make us elitist or better than anyone - not does it make us think we're special. In fact, every natural medium I know (myself included) hid it from the world till much later in life as we didn't want to be 'different'.
I embraced it only when I was 50. I am now 56 and a spiritual advisor worldwide - no man has ever taught me a thing and I have never attended any classes.
It does happen and we shouldn't be classed as being egotists because we were any more than Pavaroti, Rudolph Nureyev, Marco Pierre White or anyone else born with a gift should be.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine Holloway-White
Sorry, there is nothing special about it. People are born with gifts and others aren't and the spiritual gifts are no different.

We can all sing, but we cannot all be Pavaroti's or Susan Boyle's - they were born with that special gift within them and so they shine at it. The same with anything in life and mediumship and healing are the same. It is easy to tell who are the natural born mediums and who are the man taught ones.

We can all 'learn' the gifts, but some are born with it and it doesn't make us elitist or better than anyone - not does it make us think we're special. In fact, every natural medium I know (myself included) hid it from the world till much later in life as we didn't want to be 'different'.
I embraced it only when I was 50. I am now 56 and a spiritual advisor worldwide - no man has ever taught me a thing and I have never attended any classes.
It does happen and we shouldn't be classed as being egotists because we were any more than Pavaroti, Rudolph Nureyev, Marco Pierre White or anyone else born with a gift should be.

Very true. I had to learn to help others open up to their guides. For me, it's always been there. I believe we all have the ability to communicate with our guides but yes, I hid, I ran from my gifts, guides, the voices. I wanted to be "normal". It sure isn't because I wanted to be popular in school. If anything, I wanted to just "BLEND IN". Being a medium is not this exalted class. Up until a few years ago, it was like having a disease. It just became mainstream and now we are more open to "come out" with who we are. Less fear of being put in a hospital or teased for being crazy.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:22 PM
mac

"Sorry, there is nothing special about it. People are born with gifts and others aren't and the spiritual gifts are no different."

That's obvious!

But I didn't say there's anything special - I said it's maybe because folk need to feel special.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:04 PM
Lorraine Holloway-White

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
"Sorry, there is nothing special about it. People are born with gifts and others aren't and the spiritual gifts are no different."

That's obvious!

But I didn't say there's anything special - I said it's maybe because folk need to feel special.

In many cases you are quite right Mac and it is always obvious which those are. Sad isn't it. Especially when we are all special in our own unique ways or we wouldn't have been created in the first place
Old 12-12-2011, 09:48 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine Holloway-White
In many cases you are quite right Mac and it is always obvious which those are. Sad isn't it. Especially when we are all special in our own unique ways or we wouldn't have been created in the first place

created? by whom, what?
Old 13-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Lorraine Holloway-White

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
created? by whom, what?

Looking at most of your responses on here to people - I wonder why you are on a spiritual forum?