Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 23-05-2011, 04:00 AM
MoonDancer

Chakra Meditation

So I tried chakra meditation for the first time today.
When I was focusing on my heart chakra my back started to hurt. The opposite side of it. It stopped when I past it.
Also when I got to my throat chakra it felt like it was closing almost. Like I needed to breathe or swallow. A thick type of feeling.
Were these signs that those chakras need to be cleansed?
Old 23-05-2011, 03:14 PM
Knower

I've been empowering chakras for a while now and I have the same sensations. For the heart chakra bear in mind that you have a middle, front, and spine heart chakra (all chakras are divided in three parts except the crown chakra). So I would take the heart chakra sensation as a good sign. I take the throat chakra sensation as a good sign as well. When I began empowering the chakras the throat was the most difficult chakra for me to 'sense' until recently I empowered it at its peak (has to do with planetary hours/days if you wanna look that up) and the sensation was very intense, just as you describe it. Now I get that feeling every time I empower it (since it has now awaken I imagine).

On the other hand, don't take my word fully for it as I am far from an expert on the chakras. I simply have the same sensations but I personally feel they are a good sign. I'd like to know as well if these sensations mean anything else other than activity.
Old 23-05-2011, 05:43 PM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilishAngel
So I tried chakra meditation for the first time today.
When I was focusing on my heart chakra my back started to hurt. The opposite side of it. It stopped when I past it.
Also when I got to my throat chakra it felt like it was closing almost. Like I needed to breathe or swallow. A thick type of feeling.

Have you tried focusing on the heart and throat chakras on your back? The very same chakras (2-6) shown in pictures exist on the back too.
Old 23-05-2011, 10:19 PM
MoonDancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
Have you tried focusing on the heart and throat chakras on your back? The very same chakras (2-6) shown in pictures exist on the back too.
Oh....I'm not that knowledgeable haha Didn't know. No I haven't.
Old 23-05-2011, 10:24 PM
tragblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilishAngel

I think so. I would work past the initial discomfort and see if it starts to ease.
Old 24-05-2011, 02:42 AM
Master
I believe so yes that you needed to cleanse those chakras mostly, you're so intuitive and I love reading your posts btw.
Spiritlite.
Old 24-05-2011, 03:20 AM
MoonDancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
I believe so yes that you needed to cleanse those chakras mostly, you're so intuitive and I love reading your posts btw.
Spiritlite.
Aw, thanks
Old 24-05-2011, 03:25 AM
Master
DA... Most of us need some heart healing from past experiences, including from childhood. You could do this along with your chakra clearing.

Recall a memory of when your feelings were hurt... and breathe with it... allowing the love from your inner heart to heal it all.

Here's a simple practice that can help: INNER HEART MEDITATION - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3695

Xan

Old 26-05-2011, 07:01 PM
NiteOwl

Oh yes! Major 4th and 5th chakra cleansing. I'm concerned you said it "hurt" though, as in a physical pain?

I have been doing major work on my 3rd chakra and I feel all kinda of funny feelings when I am moving energy. Keep it up and move what ever needs to be out of your space.

Is there some thing affecting your heart and throat chakra in particular? Maybe not speaking your truth? In a relationship perhaps?

Whatever you felt, strange or not, is you healing yourself. Try it again soon to see if it feels any different.

Keep us updated!
Old 26-05-2011, 07:43 PM
iolite

I have just recently downloaded Stephen Halpern's Chakra Suite to my iphone and I listen to it before I fall asleep several times a week. There is a song for each chakra in the appropriate key. As I listen to each one, I focus on that chakra and breath into it (visualize) and it is amazing. I can feel the heat, for instance in my root chakra. I've been looping each song a few times as each chakra song is only a few minutes, I'm focusing on the 2nd chakra more than the others as I've got sacral issues -- sciatica and adrenal issues and last night I could really feel the energy of that chakra (front and back) even under the covers. If anyone is looking for a good cd for chakra meditation... Stephen Halpern's Chakra suite is really good.