Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 17-07-2018, 04:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Citation needed for “everything in life is vibration” - Einstein? Or my earlier post which I clarified was my own and not a quote?
Citation for Einstein quote - as it might be a 'fake quote'.
Old 17-07-2018, 05:48 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
as i stated not a Buddhist.

The belief love and hate is the same thing, peace and violence is the same thing, this is not a Buddhist belief.
Old 17-07-2018, 06:18 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain95
The belief love and hate is the same thing, peace and violence is the same thing, this is not a Buddhist belief.

ok. not sure what that has to do with anything i posted. Are you asking a question or what is it you are saying.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 17-07-2018, 07:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Citation for Einstein quote - as it might be a 'fake quote'.

It isn't flagged as a fake quote, I'll see if I can find a citation.
Old 17-07-2018, 07:20 AM
Suspended

Quote:
When reason ends, then hate begins. Therefore, hate is a sign of weakness. Dalai Lama

Feelings of intense hatred can cause us to be violent and even to kill, their counterparts of love and compassion, can never be used up. When we indulge our negative thoughts and feelings, inevitably we become accustomed to them. As a result, gradually we become more prone to them and more controlled by them. And we become habituated to exploding in the face of displeasing circumstances. Inner peace, love and compassion, are the principal characteristics of happiness, and anger cannot coexist with them. Indeed, negative thoughts and emotions undermine the very causes of peace and happiness. If we hate and are angry, we undermine one of the very conditions of happiness itself.
Dalai Lama

Last edited by Rain95 : 17-07-2018 at 08:37 AM.
Old 17-07-2018, 08:07 AM
Suspended

The Buddha taught that the fire of anger can burn up everything we have done to bring happiness to ourselves and others. There is not one of us who has not sown seeds of anger in one's heart, and if those seeds are watered, they will grow rapidly and choke us and those around us.
Thich Nhat Hanh

Hatred does not cease through hatred at any time. Hatred ceases through love. This is an unalterable law.
Buddha - Dhammapada

"The instant we feel hate and anger we have already ceased striving for the truth.”
Buddha

It should be obvious that Buddhism teaches hatred and anger prevent happiness, love and compassion. They are opposites, not the same. That is according to Buddha, The Dalai Lama, and Thich Nhat Hanh, Buddhist Authorities.

Hate and Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
All the same energy,...

To disagree with all things are of the same essence just means you pretty much disagree with every spiritual tradition.

Not sure why you are in the Buddhist section... you clearly don't believe in Buddhist teachings.

There is no spiritual tradition that teaches Love and Hate are the same.
Buddhist teachings do not say they are the same.
Old 17-07-2018, 09:20 AM
Master
Quote:
The Buddha taught that the fire of anger can burn up everything we have done to bring happiness to ourselves and others. There is not one of us who has not sown seeds of anger in one's heart, and if those seeds are watered, they will grow rapidly and choke us and those around us.
Thich Nhat Hanh

Hatred does not cease through hatred at any time. Hatred ceases through love. This is an unalterable law.
Buddha - Dhammapada

"The instant we feel hate and anger we have already ceased striving for the truth.”
Buddha

It should be obvious that Buddhism teaches hatred and anger prevent happiness, love and compassion. They are opposites, not the same. That is according to Buddha, The Dalai Lama, and Thich Nhat Hanh, Buddhist Authorities.

Hate and Love

Love and hate are opposites and to an Enlightened mind ( Buddha) there are no opposites. So yes it is taught in Buddhism that they are the same, to a Buddha.
Old 17-07-2018, 09:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Thich Nhat Hanh

Buddha - Dhammapada

Buddha

Hate and Love

I don’t think they are the same, anyone can make a case for them being the same or not, but just because they believe their position doesn’t make it true. Buddhism and compassion are intricately woven together, to argue otherwise seems contrary to Buddhist belief to say the least.
Old 17-07-2018, 09:35 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Hate and love are identical; not different. Is that what you believe...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
If it wasn't the same it would be dualistic now wouldn't it..

Buddha said they were different. See Buddha quotes above.
Buddha was enlightened and not living in dualism.

So even at the highest levels of awareness and consciousness,
one still sees them as different! Buddha described them as different and he was enlightened.

Maybe the dualistic person is the one who sees them as the same. This is probably true as the only place up and down, right and wrong, hate and love, can be the same is in a conceptual thought which is not based on the actual, the what is, or reality. Such belief is not grounded in reality, the actual. It is based on conceptual thinking. Mental images, phantoms.

Why is it called dualism? Because one has become two through identification. One walks around believing their thoughts, their beliefs, their opinions are a part of them. There is no space between them and their thoughts, no distance, no separation, no questioning, or doubting. Thought can state anything, like up is down.... and consciousness can accept it and proclaim it as true. That is dualism.

Non-dualism or the enlightened sees things clearly as they are. It knows the difference between hate and love, anger and compassion, right and wrong. Morality is an inherent part of the unconditioned, the enlightened, the awake unattached clear consciousness. But it's sense of truth, of right and wrong, flows naturally out of it's own inherent nature. Right and wrong is no longer based on belief, opinions, or habitual conditioned thinking.
Old 17-07-2018, 09:56 AM
Master
Hate is so obviously different to love it's scary that anyone would ever argue that they're the same, but because some people are doing that scary thing here is my contribution to affirming that they are different. I can only hope that they take themselves to task and seriously consider what they are trying to argue for.

Quote:
There are three defilements in Buddhist psychology that typically translated into English as greed, hate, and delusion. These three defilements are derived from the Buddha’s formulation of the Four Noble Truths. In accord with the Buddha’s teaching and the evidence of my own experience, they comprise the source of most human suffering.

Indulging... hatred shrinks the world down to the exact dimensions of my own likes and dislikes. Every fixed opinion, judgment, and belief of mine serves to further isolate me within walls constructed of anger, jealousy, envy, distrust, and, most of all, fear. My whole reality becomes a threatening standoff between what is perceived as inside and what is outside, with me huddled on the inside behind the barriers fear constructs, clutching my little treasure of preferences and anxious over possible interference from without. When I give in to... hatred, I have taken residence in the house of delusion.

https://tricycle.org/magazine/three-defilements/