Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 02-12-2017, 05:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
Absolutely agree.

At the same time, the universe is bigger than our conception of it - yes David, even yours.

I just like trying to think I can think outside of my little box too.
Yah, Kioma - try harder maybe. The 'box' you were descriptively presenting from (which is what I was commenting in relation to) struck me as being 'smaller' than my 'box'. LOL Am just aiming to expand perspectives, not 'compete' with them. Take anything from what I say which 'works' for you in this regard (if anything at does so at all) and just disregard the rest.

From my book, which expresses my 'view' in this and related regards: "Personal discernment and contextual decision-making is always necessary: Life’s multidimensionality and the multimodality of our interconnectedness and interdependence make it such that the best of descriptions will not fully inform you, and the best of guidelines will not indicate exactly what will and what won’t be constructive in relation to others around you, at least not for certain.

Here's to bigger 'boxes' and ultimately no 'boxes', all around, Bro!
Old 02-12-2017, 05:59 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
...Then gird up thy loins and conquer. Subdue thy foes and enjoy the kingdom in prosperity. I have already doomed them. Be thou my instrument, Arjuna!
Drona and Bheeshma, Jayadratha and Karna, and other brave warriors – I have condemned them all. Destroy them; fight and fear not. Thy foes shall be crushed.”[/color]
I'm glad someone brought up the ancient texts.

Another question; If the ancient sages knew so much, then why is the world in the state it's in today?

A likely answer is because they didn't know so much. Yes, there is a lot I read today from those texts that I resonate a lot with, and things that ring true from my own experience. There is also a lot that stinks, like the blatant 'us against them' mentality and appeals for power over others such as evidenced above. The Gita also endorses the horrific caste system.

I think the ancient sages did know a lot, but at the same time, like everyone else, they had a lot of other things to contend with. Perhaps it was actually quite prudent back in those days to pray for the destruction of one's enemies. The sharing of knowledge and cultures wasn't quite as doable as it is now - and we know the troubles we have with it today, just as back in the day before penicillan and reliable contraception it made sense to rigidly chaperone our daughters.

But times change. The trouble is often the ancient texts are deemed as somehow infallible, simply because they are old. They're not. The Buddha had it right when he said 'Question everything' - though I don't think for a minute he meant there were no answers.
Old 02-12-2017, 06:02 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Yah, Kioma - try harder maybe. The 'box' you were descriptively presenting from (which is what I was commenting in relation to) struck me as being 'smaller' than my 'box'. ...
We are all the centers of our own universe David, even me.

But by all means, mentor me in how to have as big of a box as you - that is why you are here, right? And call me Padawan - I think you would be much more comfortable that way.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Absolutely agree.

At the same time, the universe is bigger than our conception of it - yes David, even yours.

I just like trying to think I can think outside of my little box too.

You probably don't agree absolutely then as I don't... As far as I know God isn't perfect, seen from different perspectives. Theme A (religion) says this and theme B says that. There can't be two of a God now can there..lol. Is there in the end only the one creator as I believe so what we see is our perspective seeing what isn't there. How much is really true and how much is invention. Probably it is the invention that aren't true. If one thinks outside the box, consciousness might have infinite levels all existing at the same time or does one level control all other levels.

Is the story true? People seem to believe what's been written in the past and no one is around to provide what they meant. The story of the creation of angles. I think they were created before humankind weren't they. If I understand, they were suppose have been perfect, yet that didn't work out very well, did it. It ends up in the story they were not. I think this also needs to be recognized we think of them as perfect now.

Where we normally think in terms of the past we should think in term of the future. It's always been about this anyway hasn't it. The real question is do we ourselves have or hold any power, are we evolving and where we are headed. Are we becoming powerful beings ourselves. Is there a next step for humans. We are learning something. I do not accept power for the sake of power as power itself does not mean it is true, only that it is.

Next is, did I give creator the right in what it did concerning me. As far as I know I did not. But then how does God ask beforehand. It is obvious human views have changed since the times we use to sacrifice people, then animals which imo "was" wrong where today we see it is. Most people probably feel they wouldn't cause they'd know. How silly was it back then. I also think if creator made everything would it expect it's creation to know and learn to say no which is up to us. Can you say no? I often ask this question. I think this is important in our evolution as well having wisdom and maturity. This questioning I think is relevant and important on this journey we are on.

How many are willing to go to the source to communicate if they could btw. We have been taught not to. Can we? definitely it remains an open conversation. So if what is is, the question is how do we use it.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:42 PM
Kioma

Wow. Fantastic questions. Thank you for adding your perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
You probably don't agree absolutely then as I don't... As far as I know God isn't perfect, seen from different perspectives. Theme A (religion) says this and theme B says that. There can't be two of a God now can there..lol. Is there in the end only the one creator as I believe so what we see is our perspective seeing what isn't there. How much is really true and how much is invention. Probably it is the invention that aren't true. If one thinks outside the box, consciousness might have infinite levels all existing at the same time or does one level control all other levels.
I have a private name for God, and that is Mystery. What that means is the word 'mystery' comes closest to my knowledge of God - that is, S/He's a complete mystery. That's what metaphysics is, that which is 'beyond the physical', meaning there can be no empirical evidence. Nonetheless, I also have my perspective.

I reason that if God is all powerful, then NOTHING can exist that S/He doesn't allow. This includes our disapproval. Everyone has opinions - and this is apparently A-OK. What those opinions bear to reality is another matter.

I think 'consciousness' and 'control' are two entirely different things. For example, the person who hears the tree fall in the forest, and the person who chops down the tree, are not necessarily the same person. The wood chopper could be deaf. Hopefully you get my point.

Quote:
Is the story true? People seem to believe what's been written in the past and no one is around to provide what they meant. The story of the creation of angles. I think they were created before humankind weren't they. If I understand, they were suppose have been perfect, yet that didn't work out very well, did it. It ends up in the story they were not. I think this also needs to be recognized we think of them as perfect now.
I assume angles were innate within the creation of the universe, but admittedly that's just my assumption. But I agree with what I imagine your point is, that many of our conceptions turn out to be the illusion they are made of. Our thinking is conceptual, not literal - but that said, with great care there can be a great degree of correlation between our conceptions and 'reality' - but we must make the effort.

Quote:
Where we normally think in terms of the past we should think in term of the future. It's always been about this anyway hasn't it. The real question is do we ourselves have or hold any power, are we evolving and where we are headed. Are we becoming powerful beings ourselves. Is there a next step for humans. We are learning something. I do not accept power for the sake of power as power itself does not mean it is true, only that it is.
I do not accept 'Might makes right' as a spiritual principal - and that's the point, that is exactly what we are transcending from one consciousness to another greater consciousness.

As to where we are headed, I addressed a possibility in post #41. I agree though, about the many levels of consciousness, and that the issue is no doubt vastly more complex.

Quote:
Next is, did I give creator the right in what it did concerning me. As far as I know I did not. But then how does God ask beforehand. It is obvious human views have changed since the times we use to sacrifice people, then animals which imo "was" wrong where today we see it is. Most people probably feel they wouldn't cause they'd know. How silly was it back then. I also think if creator made everything would it expect it's creation to know and learn to say no which is up to us. Can you say no? I often ask this question. I think this is important in our evolution as well having wisdom and maturity. This questioning I think is relevant and important on this journey we are on.
I think this is the best question you pose. Sure, God is all powerful - but what about our feelings? Off the cuff, I'm tempted to state an old saw about spilt milk, but I want you to know I do think this is a serious question. My serious answer concerns death. Ultimately, no one has to be here who doesn't want to be here. Yes, there is pain and suffering, but it seems God wants us to understand consequences, and that S/He is serious.

Life matters - or at least that is the overwhelming impression our conditions seem designed to make on us.

Quote:
How many are willing to go to the source to communicate if they could btw. We have been taught not to. Can we? definitely it remains an open conversation. So if what is is, the question is how do we use it.
I've gone to the source, so I believe that option is open for anyone who seeks it, but you know that other old saw about horses and drinking...
Old 02-12-2017, 11:37 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Do you believe in what the medium was saying? Or are you unsure? What's your input?
Sorry missed your comment Breeze.

I think it can be the case sometimes, i think so, not every single time there may be other reasons, i don't know why everything happens the way it happens but there is stuff going on, on other levels of reality that interconnect and work with this level.

Sometimes events that seem random are not so random, sometimes events that don't make any sense at the time make sense later on and help with something else, like sometimes things happen so that they could prepare you for other things to come in your life later on, even if you didn't realize at the time, maybe you can see that in your own lives. We also like to create, we create stuff, we do it all the time, we are multidimensional with aspects of ourselves in other dimensions and realities as well, these are all creating too. We can be assisting ourselves in this reality from other realities and vice versa. We also have friends in other places, for example i recently heard of some woman's NDE, in her NDE she met with a heap of light beings who she felt like she knew, they were familiar to her, she didn't wan't to come back to earth but she then decided too, before she did she discussed with the beings certain things in her life that will happen when she comes back, she chose some stuff before coming back, and chose to come back, there may be different circumstances for different people but she said from her NDE experience that it's kinda like were making movies here.
Old 03-12-2017, 01:04 AM
Master
Quote:
So it's not cosmic masturbation - it's God the eternal sofa slug, hanging out for a good never-ending flick.

Interesting.

IDK, nobody does. We are all just guessing.

whats your guess?
Old 03-12-2017, 01:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
This explains it better than I ever could:
https://www.secretenergy.com/videos/...consciousness/
This video is so good that it deserves a second mention - for all who maybe just skimmed this thread and missed/bypassed it the first time...and you know I'm going to just keep on re-posting it ad nauseum until this post sees a reply. I am Shivani, hear me roar!
Old 03-12-2017, 01:23 AM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
IDK, nobody does. We are all just guessing.

whats your guess?
Post #41.
Old 03-12-2017, 03:46 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
This video is so good that it deserves a second mention - for all who maybe just skimmed this thread and missed/bypassed it the first time...and you know I'm going to just keep on re-posting it ad nauseum until this post sees a reply. I am Shivani, hear me roar!
Lol, i saw it before when you posted it but didn't comment on it, thanks for sharing it, good message, it's similar to what i said in my first post on this thread.

~~***~~~~~(((~~~((~~~LOVE~~~))~~~)))~~~~~***~~