Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 21-04-2014, 12:39 PM
Master
A lot of quark and leptons

Hello r6r6r
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
Many people do not understand, that, fermionic matter is form of physical / energy.

Why not?
Old 21-04-2014, 01:08 PM
Pathfinder

Also, thinking about "Light", there are the invisible spectrums of "Light"?
Invisible to the naked eye.
Light involves frequencies, yes? Isn't Radiation, though invisible, also a form of "Light"?
"Radio Waves" being a form? And, so forth.

What we observe as visible light is a narrow band of frequencies out of the spectrum of electromagnetic radiation (which is an oscillation of electric and magnetic fields, set up by the motion of a charged particle). "Radiation" is also electromagnetic radiation, with a frequency too high for the eye to see. Radio waves are also electromagnetic radiation, with a frequency too low for the eye to see.

As you probably know, a sound wave is set up when an object moves in a space filled with air. The motion of the object sets the nearby air molecules oscillating and they bump into their neighbours and get them oscillating too. Eventually the air molecules by your ear are also oscillating, and they collide with your eardrum and set it moving. This is why sound needs air in order to propagate, but light doesn't.

So yes, there are lots of "invisible" waves. The nature of being invisible does not, to my mind, make them qualify as a universal substance. They are still oscillations associated with matter (well, light is an oscillation of electric and magnetic fields, but still you needed a charged particle oscillating to set that up). It is sometimes difficult to differentiate between the substance we as spiritual people observe when doing a healing or when seeing auras, and actual "light", but they are certainly different. The spirit is also invisible, but for a different reason than the one that makes certain frequencies of electromagnetic radiation invisible.

Last edited by Katheryn : 21-04-2014 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Whoops! This is a dupilcate post...
Old 21-04-2014, 01:16 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus[COLOR=#000000
Also, thinking about "Light", there are the invisible spectrums of "Light"? [/color]
Invisible to the naked eye.
Light involves frequencies, yes? Isn't Radiation, though invisible, also a form of "Light"?
"Radio Waves" being a form? And, so forth.

What were your thoughts about "Hyperspace", and "Infinity", regarding, "Spirit"?

What we observe as visible light is a narrow band of frequencies out of the spectrum of electromagnetic radiation (which is an oscillation of electric and magnetic fields, set up by the motion of a charged particle). "Radiation" is also electromagnetic radiation, with a frequency too high for the eye to see. Radio waves are also electromagnetic radiation, with a frequency too low for the eye to see.

As you probably know, a sound wave is set up when an object moves in a space filled with air. The motion of the object sets the nearby air molecules oscillating and they bump into their neighbours and get them oscillating too. Eventually the air molecules by your ear are also oscillating, and they collide with your eardrum and set it moving. Your brain then registers this as a sound. This is why sound needs air in order to propagate, but light doesn't.

So yes, there are lots of "invisible" waves. The nature of being invisible does not, to my mind, make them qualify as substance of the spirit. They are still oscillations associated with matter. The spirit is also invisible, but for a different reason than the one that makes certain frequencies of electromagnetic radiation invisible.

Hyperspace and infinity related to Spirit? I think that the relation to Spirit is simply that all three are infinite (here we mean four-dimensional spacetime by "hyperspace"). Maybe there is a deeper connection? I can't say, but would be happy to hear other thoughts on the subject.
Old 21-04-2014, 01:26 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Spirit-2 = phyiscal / energy.

Many people do not understand, that, fermionic matter is form of physical / energy.

Bosonic forces are another form of physical / energy.

This goes back to most people not having a basic understanding of a cosmic herirachy and various definitions of spirit.

1) Metaphysical-1 = mind/intellect and any concepts thereof
and exists beyond occupied space and non-occupied space.
------------------------------------------------------
2) Metaphysical-2 is beyond occupied space and exsts as macro-micro finite non-occupied space.

3) our finite occupied space Universe composed of three and only three primary types of occupied space;

fermionic matter,
bosonic forces other than gravity, and,
gravity

This is such a simple heirarchy yet so few can grasp, much less accept the rational logica and common sense conclusion that it is.

Spirit-2 is metaphysical-1 of intention.

Our highest spiritual intent, is the integral support of our self, then our family, then our local community, then our global community and all of these include the integral support of the enviromental ecology that sustains all biological life on Earth.

Spirit-2 = physical / energy. imho but please check into a few dictionaries and see for yourself.

Ex a young colt or calf in the field kicking its heels high, is said to have a lot of spirit or a lot of energy, and that is because, spirit-2 = physical / energy.

Simple not complex concept to grasp. imho

r6

I must say I have NO idea what is being got at here...yes, there is a link between Matter and Energy. But neither matter nor energy are Spirit. That is an entirely different thing.

Yes, a young colt does have a lot of energy, and we could describe him as behaving in a spirited manner, but his actual physical energy and his "spirit" have damn all to do with each other; or old people who don't have a lot of energy would have no spirit; and that is obviously untrue.
Old 21-04-2014, 01:28 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 Physical / Energy = Simple Not Complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor
Hello r6r6r Why not?

If I recall correctly, you believe that "time and space" do not exist.

I don't believe you can grasp any rationally logical explanation I have given or may give in the future, so I think may prove fruitless to try and have a rationally loigcal if not common sense disscusion with you.

There may be many reasons why people cannot grasp that fermionic matter = physical / energy just as they do not understand that bosonic forces also = physical / energy.

I think it is best you start with why you do not grasp anything-- or so I presume ---in my initial post in this thread regarding physical / energy.

Simple not complex. imho

Again it is about hierarchal catagories used in education for since cavepeople days.

r6
Old 21-04-2014, 01:49 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1

Quote:
Katheryn--I must say I have NO idea what is being got at here...

I have no idea what that sentence means.

Quote:
yes, there is a link between Matter and Energy. But neither matter nor energy are Spirit. That is an entirely different thing.

I disagree, and that is why I suggest you read dictionary definitions of spirit.

Spirit-2 = physical / energy.

Quote:
Yes, a young colt does have a lot of energy, and we could describe him as behaving in a spirited manner,

Ok, so now you get my point and please confer with one or more dictionaries to confirm my comments, and validated by you, as stated.

Quote:
but his actual physical energy and his "spirit" have damn all to do with each other;

I have no idea how "damn all" is integral to this sentence.

Quote:
or old people who don't have a lot of energy would have no spirit; and that is obviously untrue.

This is a false projection by you. No where have I ever stated your above comment, that, old people" "have no spirit".

I please hope you will refrain from makeing false projetions of my comments as intended and rather, please address my comments as stated. Thank you.

"Old people" do have spirit--- contrary to your false projections above --- and are an integral aggregate of spirits as biological/soul.

We may view spirit-2 in two ways;

1) statically i.e. spirit / physical / energy / weight,

2) dynamically i.e. that weight put into higher states of motion ergo more spirited more energetic / physicality.

I'm very clear on how I'm defining spirit, you are not. If you want to have a rationally logical disscusion, then you have to offer your definitions of spirit and rational explaination why my definition is invalid.

You even validate my definitions as given and then you go off in another direction with no rational explanation as to how those givens invalidate what you had just validated with your;

...."Yes, a young colt does have a lot of energy, and we could describe him as behaving in a spirited manner"....

r6
Old 21-04-2014, 01:50 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1

Quote:
Katheryn--I must say I have NO idea what is being got at here...

I have no idea what that sentence means.

Quote:
yes, there is a link between Matter and Energy. But neither matter nor energy are Spirit. That is an entirely different thing.

I disagree, and that is why I suggest you read dictionary definitions of spirit.

Spirit-2 = physical / energy.

Quote:
Yes, a young colt does have a lot of energy, and we could describe him as behaving in a spirited manner,

Ok, so now you get my point and please confer with one or more dictionaries to confirm my comments, and validated by you, as stated.

Quote:
but his actual physical energy and his "spirit" have damn all to do with each other;

I have no idea how "damn all" is integral to this sentence.

Quote:
or old people who don't have a lot of energy would have no spirit; and that is obviously untrue.

This is a false projection by you. No where have I ever stated your above comment, that, old people" "have no spirit".

I please hope you will refrain from makeing false projetions of my comments as intended and rather, please address my comments as stated. Thank you.

"Old people" do have spirit--- contrary to your false projections above --- and are an integral aggregate of spirits as biological/soul.

We may view spirit-2 in two ways;

1) statically i.e. spirit / physical / energy / weight,

2) dynamically i.e. that weight put into higher states of motion ergo more spirited more energetic / physicality.

I'm very clear on how I'm defining spirit, you are not. If you want to have a rationally logical disscussion, then you have to offer your definitions of spirit and rational explanation why my definition is invalid.

You even validate my definitions as given and then you go off in another direction with no rational explanation as to how those givens invalidate what you had just validated with your;

...."Yes, a young colt does have a lot of energy, and we could describe him as behaving in a spirited manner"....

r6
Old 21-04-2014, 02:17 PM
Master
Hello r6r6r.
Wow.
Thanks for telling me you have a resentment with me. I am sorry to hear that.

Quote:
If I recall correctly, you believe that "time and space" do not exist.

Just to let you know, I do believe in time and space, or else how would I be typing this message.

I don't believe you can grasp any rationally logical explanation I have given or may give in the future, so I think may prove fruitless to try and have a rationally loigcal if not common sense disscusion with you.

I am sorry if my intellect is below your standard for educating me. We do not need to go into a discussion about fermionic matter. All I was asking was why you think
Quote:

There may be many reasons why people cannot grasp that fermionic matter = physical / energy just as they do not understand that bosonic forces also = physical / energy.

Basic school education discusses such things as quarks, leptons, photons, electrons, etc as something that is both physical and energy in nature. I thought that most people of education would have known that. But then again, as you have pointed out, I am incapable of grasping what you are saying. Sorry if I misunderstood you. I am trying to learn.

I think it is best you start with why you do not grasp anything-- or so I presume ---in my initial post in this thread regarding physical / energy.

Since I cannot grasp anything. Is there a need to belittle me for my ignorance and lack of education?

r6r6r. I am not expecting any answers from you on this matter. It is clear that you wish me to no longer communicate with you. Since it would be a waste of your time. Sorry to be a thorn in your side.
Old 21-04-2014, 03:52 PM
Pathfinder

Hi r6r6r,

Here I refer to my post (no. 27), in response to yours (# 24).

I apologise if my earlier statement was a trifle inflammatory. However, I still think that there is a lot of confusion in what you said. The term "spirited", when used in the English language as an adjective, does not actually directly refer to possessing a spirit. Rather it means: "lively, vivacious, vibrant". So the example of a young animal being "spirited" cannot possibly be taken as meaning that a young animal, by virtue of having physical energy, possesses "spirit".

Everything that is alive possesses spirit, even trees that don't look remarkably "lively"! At least, that's what I meant by "spirit"...I would define "spirit" as the intangible counterpart of the physical body and mind; the consciousness, if you like. That which persists after death and can be perceived during meditation, prayer and contemplation, but not actually perceived in the physical world. In this category I would place auras, spirits of the departed, and the matter that makes up the afterlife.

You are quite right that I didn't define what I meant by "spirit" when I opened this thread, and so I am glad you chose to argue with me!
Old 21-04-2014, 04:15 PM
Master

People used to think it was impossible to scientifically understand the sun, moon and heavens. You would get killed for even trying. Those things were the mysteries of God that only God understood. Today it's just the same when we say 'spirit cannot be scientifically understood'. But instead of killing you they just kill your career. :p In reality we still know very very little in science, and any real scientist will tell you that. It's still very new.