Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 13-08-2014, 09:22 AM
Master
What Christians do wrong.....

Is what Christians do wrong Christ's fault? Or is it basically the Christians fault despite Christ's best intentions?

I know there is a lot of resentment among Pagans against Christians. But who do you think is at fault - Christ or Christians or both?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 13-08-2014, 08:05 PM
Experiencer

My own thought is that people who dislike Christians may have had bad past life experiences with Christianity. I know that is true for me. The Christ consciousness is not at fault for human misinterpretation and the evil deeds they do. But, rather than focusing on what is "wrong" with certain schools of spirituality, i.e. religions, I think it's better to focus on what they do "right". Otherwise, we just get dragged down into an endless cycle of hatred, and judging other people - one of the things Christ didn't want his followers to do! I still struggle with this, Honza, although I think of myself as Pagan.
Old 13-08-2014, 10:39 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieCotton
But, rather than focusing on what is "wrong" with certain schools of spirituality, i.e. religions, I think it's better to focus on what they do "right". Otherwise, we just get dragged down into an endless cycle of hatred, and judging other people - one of the things Christ didn't want his followers to do!

Very nicely said Rosie ~

Honza, quit stirring the pot ! LOL !
Old 14-08-2014, 07:52 AM
Master
Christianity or [as I prefer to call it], Churchianity, has very little to do with Christ.
Old 14-08-2014, 10:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
Very nicely said Rosie ~

Honza, quit stirring the pot ! LOL !

Hi Adrienne,

You have a new user name and I can't recognise you......who were you before?

Old 14-08-2014, 10:50 AM
Deactivated Account

I AM someone that you used to know in a past life ,lol .....
Old 16-08-2014, 04:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieCotton
My own thought is that people who dislike Christians may have had bad past life experiences with Christianity. I know that is true for me. The Christ consciousness is not at fault for human misinterpretation and the evil deeds they do. But, rather than focusing on what is "wrong" with certain schools of spirituality, i.e. religions, I think it's better to focus on what they do "right". Otherwise, we just get dragged down into an endless cycle of hatred, and judging other people - one of the things Christ didn't want his followers to do! I still struggle with this, Honza, although I think of myself as Pagan.

Who is perfect? Who is without Ego, in this fallen situation we call, "the world"?
In time and space... which even Physics today says is an illusory situation.

Do you think you are? Curious.

If time and space are illusory, also, then what is the true situation, concerning "past lives"?

We are all in this evolved organic situation together, all in the same boat. Also, we are all more and other than what we appear as, here. The origin of all things being of Spirit, and, apart from, "space/time".

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 16-08-2014, 04:36 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Christianity or [as I prefer to call it], Churchianity, has very little to do with Christ.

Norseman is correct; These corporate religions say they follow Christ and the Bible, yet they do exactly the opposite of what Christ said.

All of the killing started when Constantine founded the big corporate Church of Rome, then it was war on all other religions and mass slaughters. They even killed other Christians that would not conform to their doctrine.

Before Rome took over Christianity, many Christians held to the teachings of Christ, yet still prayed to the Pagan Gods and even preformed folk magic. The early Christians were very diverse in their beliefs and practices. Of course, Rome would not have any of that and decided to hold councils and define for the known world just what Christianity was and was not.. and that nonsense is still perpetuated today through organized religion.

On the other hand, many Christians are dropping out of the churches and finding their own path. Many of which blend their Christianity with Wicca and other Pagan based belief systems.

Have you heard of Christo-Paganism? Many people refer to themselves as such these days. The ideas of who and what Jesus was varies among Christo-Pagans and some even take a more cosmic/metaphorical view of him and do not think that Jesus was a historical person. The point being, all these points of view are accepted among Christo-Pagans and no one tries to convert or correct anybody else... Many Christo-Pagans even have a patron, Pagan God and Goddess that they work with.

So, to answer your question Honza... The religion of what norseman referred to as Churchianty is to blame for all of the tension and problems. Had Rome never interfered and turned Christianity into what it is today; I think Christianity and Paganism would have existed harmoniously side by side and learned much from one another... And I think they still can, and will as spirituality evolves.
Old 16-08-2014, 08:01 PM
Master
Great post Mind's Eye. You always bring something unexpected to the table.....

Old 16-08-2014, 09:04 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Great post Mind's Eye. You always bring something unexpected to the table.....

Thanks Honza; I try!