Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 12-05-2011, 01:12 AM
Knower

Not remembering your life after death.

I´ve pondered wether or not the end of your physical life experience is complete death or not. I believe that we all have spirits that learn from genuine experience in our physical life in the 3 dimensional spacetime. And i´ve thought about it alot, that if you forget everything you have done in a life, all the memories, all the loved ones that you lived with, if forgetting all that, is death. Not death of the spirit of course. But, its death. Lets get a little theoretical here. If i become a spirit, does that spirit (true me) have a unique identity? Do i turn into a different individual? Is this life, just a building block for a greater being that is not really the only me i know? I consider the death of my physical self identity, the only identity i know, to be a real death because of this. Because your brain, everything you do and think and know, is you. And when all that is lost, there is no YOU (physical self, the only self most are aware of) And therefore, a death.

But then again. Should we really fear this death because we wont experience the pain behind losing this identity after its lost? I for sure, if i have lived past lives, do not feel any sort of loss. And i´ve heard stories from people messing around with this stuff, going into some sort of therapy and picking up dramatical memories from former lives, having to experience all the emotional problems of a different individual, although, that individual was just a different physical form for their true spirit self. And i also heard that they unlocked a frequency of themselves of which was way to powerful for them to handle. Image opening that up, having to deal with all sorts of unknown things to you, such as spirits.

Please share your opinions.
Old 13-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Medium_Laura

I have put my opinions and answers in bold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deztini3
I´ve pondered wether or not the end of your physical life experience is complete death or not. I believe that we all have spirits that learn from genuine experience in our physical life in the 3 dimensional spacetime. And i´ve thought about it alot, that if you forget everything you have done in a life, all the memories, all the loved ones that you lived with, if forgetting all that, is death. Not death of the spirit of course. But, its death. Lets get a little theoretical here. If i become a spirit, does that spirit (true me) have a unique identity?

Yes, you retain your personality. That is a part of your "soul".Do i turn into a different individual?
Only our bodies change. We bring knowledge and understanding with us in each life but we remain the same. If you are a practical joker in this life, it is a safe bet you have been in many others and will be in many more!Is this life, just a building block for a greater being that is not really the only me i know? Life is school. Each thing we learn, we carry forward. Why don't we remember? The way they describe it to me is this. Unless they erased the past, we would continually try and live in it, create only those times or scenes that were pleasant and relive tragedies from other lives. In essence, our soul knows it all. Just our conscious mind is unaware. Everything from every lifetime is within you. You just need to find the key to unlock it. Remember though. What you take out of that box... cannot be put back. It may not be pleasant nor helpful to your life at this time.

Rather you could ask to remember things from other lives that could aid you in your lessons of this one.
I consider the death of my physical self identity, the only identity i know, to be a real death because of this. Because your brain, everything you do and think and know, is you. And when all that is lost, there is no YOU (physical self, the only self most are aware of) And therefore, a death.Your brain and your soul are separate. Only the brain dies. Your soul can never die. No, your thoughts right now are not part of your soul, they are part of your ego (the brain/body protection system). When you die, you lose the ego (thus your logical thought) and start to operate from spirit/soul (that is why there are so many people striving to live more enlightened. That is what that means. Living from their spirit and not their ego/body.
But then again. Should we really fear this death because we wont experience the pain behind losing this identity after its lost? I for sure, if i have lived past lives, do not feel any sort of loss. And i´ve heard stories from people messing around with this stuff, going into some sort of therapy and picking up dramatical memories from former lives, having to experience all the emotional problems of a different individual, although, that individual was just a different physical form for their true spirit self. And i also heard that they unlocked a frequency of themselves of which was way to powerful for them to handle. Image opening that up, having to deal with all sorts of unknown things to you, such as spirits.Yes that is very true. So if you don't want to remember, then don't. :) Some people feel it necessary and that is their free will /choice.

Old 13-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by deztini3
I´ve pondered wether or not the end of your physical life experience is complete death or not. I believe that we all have spirits that learn from genuine experience in our physical life in the 3 dimensional spacetime. And i´ve thought about it alot, that if you forget everything you have done in a life, all the memories, all the loved ones that you lived with, if forgetting all that, is death. The memories are stored and can be brought back either through training or through regression hypnosis or other means. The Akashic records, astral light, also called the Book of Life has a record, an imprint of everything (thoughts, actions etc.) that has happened since the beginning of this universe. Not death of the spirit of course. But, its death. Lets get a little theoretical here. If i become a spirit, does that spirit (true me) have a unique identity? Each spirit has a unique identity as far as I know.Do i turn into a different individual? Is this life, just a building block for a greater being that is not really the only me i know? You as you are now, this persona, is only one of many manifestations of your spirit. Some say they all exist simultaneously because in reality there is only an eternal now. Perhaps this quote from Many Lifetimesby Denys Kelsey & Joan Grant will explain it:
Quote:
...the analogy between a series of personalities and the segments of an orange is apposite, Time being the centre at which the segments join and from which they are equidistant. The concept of successive personalities being threaded by Time like beads on a string is intellectually expedient but misleading.
COLOR] I consider the death of my physical self identity, the only identity i know, to be a real death because of this. Because your brain, everything you do and think and know, is you. And when all that is lost, nothing is ever lost there is no YOU (physical self, the only self most are aware of) And therefore, a death.

But then again. Should we really fear this death because we wont experience the pain behind losing this identity after its lost? I for sure, if i have lived past lives, do not feel any sort of loss. And i´ve heard stories from people messing around with this stuff, going into some sort of therapy and picking up dramatical memories from former lives, having to experience all the emotional problems of a different individual, although, that individual was just a different physical form for their true spirit self. One of the reasons why we do not remember our past lives, why we have to drink from the waters of the river Lethe, is because the burden would be too great. And i also heard that they unlocked a frequency of themselves of which was way to powerful for them to handle. This is the first time I have heard of this. What frequency? It is said that under regression hypnosis you will only remember what you are able to deal with.Image opening that up, having to deal with all sorts of unknown things to you, such as spirits.