Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 30-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Radiant Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felynx
Death and reincarnation cant have some sort of irrefutable truth because something like that is beyond "research". I have a hard time wording it but you cant exactly come to some sort of conclusion based on evidence, which is what truth is to mostly anyone who want to be convinced of something.
Its all a matter of personal understanding and experience. Im MY experience, the soul is eternal. Ive retain a lot of my memories and personality since I was last alive, as well as all the things I experienced on the astral plane (which I guess would aslo be known as an afterlife though one can go there while still being alive).

Thank you Felynx. The memories that you have, do they come to you as de ja vu? Or dreams that feel more like something you experienced. How do you know that they are memories? I'm not sure if I have experienced de ja vu before, I get different definitions about it. I have experienced moments where I had a strong feeling of something or someone being very familiar to me and I have had dreams that felt like I have had them beofre and they seemed real. Not sure if this would be de ja vu
Old 30-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Radiant Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandybytheSea
This is NOT intended to be an insult to anyone questioning, it's just a phrase that came to mind when I read through the posts:

For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.

How often we get offered "proof" and dismiss it as "just another anecdote"? When we're ready to accept that we are souls temporarily inhabiting a physical body, then we begin to recognise the truths we're regularly shown. But until that time we need to work through the questioning process - and that's a good thing. It's not the answers that matter, it's the questions that are important because our questions mean that our guides stop filing their nails, get up off the sofa and say "great, NOW we can start to work with this person! It might take a lifetime or two, but at least he/she is starting to ask questions!"

This makes sense to me. Because I feel that when I began to question this I started coming across like minded individuals, books and this website! So thank you for your response.
Old 30-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Felynx

Quote:
Thank you Felynx. The memories that you have, do they come to you as de ja vu? Or dreams that feel more like something you experienced. How do you know that they are memories? I'm not sure if I have experienced de ja vu before, I get different definitions about it. I have experienced moments where I had a strong feeling of something or someone being very familiar to me and I have had dreams that felt like I have had them beofre and they seemed real. Not sure if this would be de ja vu

Well, I have a lot of very close contact with those that are dead. They all come from that time I was last alive and confirm anything that I might remember. People have different ways of filtering memories from past lives. Usually they come in visions, dreams, or de'ja'vu like you said. Most of the time my past life memories just feel like memories to me. Like remembering when you got your first bike when you were a child but longer back than that. Some come in dreams, some in daytime visions. Its all pretty much even. I find it rather sad that the slate usually gets wiped clean when one gets reborn, so the person has to piece back their previous existance, but yeah, thats what I know.
Old 31-03-2011, 11:48 PM
Radiant Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish
hello radiant soul

have a listen to silver birch speaks for a good talk about life hereafter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aFtkVRrizU&playnext=1&list=PLC3B17A509F02 1D0C

and then listen to some of the hundreds of communicators who spoke thru leslie flint's mediumship on how they passed and what they now find etc..

http://freewebs.com/afterlife/flint/flintrecordings.htm

Wow thank you so much! I will take a look at this when I get home!
Old 31-03-2011, 11:50 PM
Radiant Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman123
Hi

Here is a website with over 2600 near death testimonies

http://www.nderf.org/NDERF_NDEs.htm

Thank you! I'm going to check it out right now!
Old 01-04-2011, 12:18 AM
Felynx

I find that the youtube link was more intruiging. You gotta love the old natural way of life.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felynx
I find it rather sad that the slate usually gets wiped clean when one gets reborn, so the person has to piece back their previous existance, but yeah, thats what I know.

I get the impression the slate isnt fully wiped clean when you start a new life. I've also read Frank Kepple's theory that due to time having no baring, and we are infinite, that infact we're actually leading our past lives, not sequentially, but simultaneously. But anyway thats a dicussion for another thread. :) I don't think knowledge is wasted. But by temporarly denying access to previous lives and knowledge, gives us the opportunity to grow again, go down a new path and gauge a completely new experience of life. This would seem more beneficial than hooking onto your old experiences.
Obviously some people seem to be able to gain access to snippits of previous lives. Thats just the way I think about, but obviously theres no proof.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Felynx

Well, no, often strong willed people can remember fragments. The stronger a persons essence, the more they remember. Its extremely rare that one remembers everything when the cycle gets renewed. But yes, subconciously we've learned from our experiences even if we think we've forgotten them.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:15 PM
The Black Hole

proof it exsists

I remember my first membory. I was being born.

I get this voice " You are about to be born."

Black room small around me. I get a 2-d pictures of my family members and i hear this voice of the names of my family members. my mom dad grandmother, my uncle, even my uncles wife and their son, my cousin.

that is it the next memory i remember is being 2 months old looking up to my grandmother as my dad passes me in his arms.

my grandmother says Ive told her this story for a long time. im 22 years old.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:20 AM
nick61

I feel there is life after death not just because of an experience I had, but because the universe wastes nothing. When I was at Uni they taught us that 'energy cannot be created nor destroyed, only changed from one form to another'. And if you look at our world this is so true. However, the irony in the above statement is that most scientific people decline to believe in an afterlife, which is something that really hurts my head.