Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 23-03-2019, 03:52 PM
Pathfinder
Lightbulb Lessons in Generosity on the Twinflame Journey

When I met my TF, I had been married for 18 years and he for 12. We both had similar relationship histories where we had both had a string of crushes growing up, a history of breakups without closure where we had walked out on our partners without giving any reason and then one highly physical relationship before we had given up the search and settled for arranged marriages (we are Indian) which worked out well in worldly terms but completely lacked the spark and depth of feeling. (In fact, before our respective marriages, both of us had a relationship each where we had fallen in love with our partners on the dance floor!)

After we met and experienced the irresistible pull, we decided that we were not in a position to abandon our families so have continued in a parallel relationship for over 10 years now. Along the way, there have been plenty of ups and downs, times of peace and happiness and times of severe turmoil. But through it all, our relationship has just got stronger and stronger.

When I reflect, I realize how all the four persons involved in this journey, my TF, me and our respective spouses had a lesson to learn - a lesson in generosity. Some of us have learnt better and some of us are still struggling to learn.

My husband, otherwise a very decent and kind person, was quite tight fisted and stingy and found it very hard to bring himself to share anything whether it was money, food, books whatever. His realization that I was in a deep committed relationship with another forced him to learn the lesson of sharing. He learnt his lesson well and has been extremely generous to us in giving us space and not questioning the relationship.

My TF too had to learn a lesson on generosity. I noticed that he lacked generosity of spirit and pointed it out to him. I tried to explain to him that to be generous you don't necessarily have to give anything material to anyone. You can be generous in your thoughts and intentions, in listening to someone with compassion, in giving time and consideration. He loved the idea and has been much more generous in spirit over the last many years.

His wife is the one struggling the most. I notice that she finds it hard to part with anything. Even giving away old clothes and unused stuff lying about the house is painful for her. So she still has a long way to go in learning her lesson on generosity though of late, I do notice an improvement in the way she deals with the issue.

As for me, I seek every opportunity to give to my TF in whatever way possible, be it material help, intellectual help or any errand that had to be run. Nothing makes me happier than being of service to him. But I became aware that I had an expectation of reciprocity and would get upset if I felt that he was not reciprocating. So the lesson I'm now learning is to give unconditional love with no expectation and no attachment to outcomes.

I pray that I may continue on this journey and achieve the state of complete unconditional love.
Old 24-03-2019, 01:57 AM
Deactivated Account
It's so interesting how we travel in certain soul groups effecting each others growth.
Gravitated to soul's on similar paths with similar life lessons.
Old 24-03-2019, 03:23 AM
Guide

It's nice to hear positive stories on this journey. Thanks for sharing.
Old 24-03-2019, 06:16 AM
Master
Soul contracts are an interesting thing. I love that you can see these lessons, it can make it easier when we connect to what we have come here to learn. Every step a part of growth that we need ...
Old 24-03-2019, 07:05 AM
Pathfinder
I'm so glad you appreciated my story... Much love
Old 26-03-2019, 07:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudla
I'm so glad you appreciated my story... Much love

You're welcome, thank you for sharing
Old 26-03-2019, 07:50 PM
Seeker

Thank you that was beautiful to read