Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 11-03-2019, 09:53 AM
Knower

Disappearing Forms

Disappearing Forms:

Few days back I attended a Satsang. The speaker spoke about “Disappearing Forms”. The example quoted was that of a tree (a pretty old one) which had fallen due to thunderstorm. A tree which has been standing for decades and was observed daily by the people staying around and passerby would suddenly be NO MORE. It would not appear in the consciousness of observers.

It set me thinking and I suddenly remembered that we have been facing the menace of pigeons sitting on window grills and entering the rooms and dropping all over. For almost ten years we did not attend to it. We used to keep the windows closed and take all sorts of evasive measures. Finally, we put the bird net. Next day there was complete transformation. Windows open, No pigeons, No droppings, full breeze, no sounds. It was like a transfer scene. It hit me that this too was another way of “Disappearing Forms”
More often, we notice changes around us which seem to be of permanent nature. Like
Old structures being replaced by new buildings, passing away of near and dear ones. We are consciously aware of only major changes taking place - (Disappearing of World Trade Center Towers – 9/11).

On a day to day basis, we hardly notice discarding of old clothes and other utilities. All these minor forms (Life forms or Non-life forms) keep appearing and disappearing in your life without you being especially conscious of it

Come to think of it – Every moment brings something in to your consciousness and the very next moment it is replaced by something else. All kinds of forms appear and dis appear in terms of objects, thoughts, actions. You notice some of them, cling to some of them. Carry them in horizontal time without being truly conscious about it.

Sages have always advised – be in the present, in this moment. Observe the constantly changing scenario happening in the NOW. Be a witness to the forms appearing and disappearing every moment in your consciousness and act without involvement for whatever is necessarily to be done.

The best example of Non-duality in front of you is this very Moment. This instant. The world at this moment is in a unique state. It was different one instant before and it will be different one moment after. This is it. Truly Non-dual. Without a second. Be conscious and remain moored in it.

Easier said than Done.
Namaskar
Old 11-03-2019, 01:45 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Arrow --->------>---->-->->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Uday_Advaita--Sages have always advised – be in the present, in this moment. Observe the constantly changing scenario happening in the NOW.
The best example of Non-duality in front of you is this very Moment.
[/quote]
Here is location in SPACE ( * )( * ) Observed Location

NOW is location in TIME >>* *>> Observed Time Event{ Phenomena }

Bilateral{ two } Observer { * i * } ego based access to metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts

Ergo inherently duality.

Mo-ment = brief period of Time, and not "instaaneous".

Mo-tion > Mo-tor > Mo-vement > Mojo Mo-mma >

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 16-03-2019, 06:23 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
Uday_Advaita--Sages have always advised – be in the present, in this moment. Observe the constantly changing scenario happening in the NOW.
The best example of Non-duality in front of you is this very Moment.

Here is location in SPACE ( * )( * ) Observed Location

NOW is location in TIME >>* *>> Observed Time Event{ Phenomena }

Bilateral{ two } Observer { * i * } ego based access to metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts

Ergo inherently duality.

Mo-ment = brief period of Time, and not "instaaneous".

Mo-tion > Mo-tor > Mo-vement > Mojo Mo-mma >[/quote]

Hello r6r6r

I frankly admit I am unable to understand what you have been trying to convey. I am saying this with utmost sincerity and hence it took me more time to frame a reply to your post.

My understanding is:
We all are objects (Appearances) in apparent duality of SpaceTime (ST) & MassEnergy (ME). Purush & Prakruti respectively. The first duality of SpaceTime and MassEnergy seems to have appeared at the instant of Big Bang (If it ever took place – I do not subscribe to the Big Bang Theory)

Are ST and ME really forming a duality? Are they really separate? Are they mutually exclusive? Can they be observed separately?

In our apparent personal perception, the answer is Yes. We are talking about Maya – The life as we know.

Let us talk Physics:

Can ME ever be observed without ST? The answer is straight forward. No. Because MassEnergy (objects) - need SpaceTime for being extended to be observed.

Can SpaceTime exist without MassEnergy? Can you ever imagine SpaceTime existing without a single Photon or a Quark, a dark void at (-)273 degree Celcius or 0 degree Kelvin? The answer is again No. From the point of view of Quantum Mechanics – there would simply be no observer. Hence ST cannot exist without ME. Their apparent existence has to be simultaneous.

We all exist in duality and perceive apparent Duality, simply because that is the way we are. In fact, we are able to measure Space, Time, Mass and Energy separately.

The present “instant” is truly non-dual because you cannot be separate from it and observe it from a distance. This universal instant is absolutely and fundamentally transcendental to ST & ME. Everything is constantly appearing and disappearing (including the Observer) in that instant. The observer becomes the observed.

When this is apperceived – may be Awakening happens.

Namaskar
Old 16-03-2019, 01:34 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
......"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education"....A Einstein

Quote:
Uday_Advaita-- I frankly admit I am unable to understand what you have been trying to convey. I am saying this with utmost sincerity and hence it took me more time to frame a reply to your post.

......"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education"....A Einstein....

This quote by Einstein may relate to your difficulites. I dunno.

...."Here is location in SPACE ( * )( * ) Observed Location"...

Here = a location in space ex I'm currently at a specific location in space called Earth ---third rock from the sun---and specific location is defined by longitude and latitude.

There are also otherways to determine my location//position in space, if you still cannot grasp the relationship between "here" and "location in space".

I am at specific location in space and I can even say, 'I'm here, not over there'.

I observe myself see here >>> Observer Me >>( * )( * ) or any other Observer ex my wife or the gecko on the porch also observes me.

If now grasp my first sentence then I can try to explain sentence #2 below to you.

Here{ space } and now{ time } is inherent duality. Seems pretty simple to me. I have a G.E.Diploma from local community college so do not have problem of excessive education interfering with my rather simplistic learing abilities.

-------------------------------------------------------

#2} NOW is location in TIME >>* *>> Observed Time Event{ Phenomena }

#3 }Bilateral{ two } Observer { * i * } ego based access to metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts

#4} Ergo inherently duality.

#5} Mo-ment = brief period of Time, and not "instaaneous".

#6} Mo-tion > Mo-tor > Mo-vement > Mojo Mo-mma >

All of these words are in dictionary if you have not yet looked.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 02-04-2019, 07:42 AM
Master
One day, people could see what I was posting in the Non Duality forum...then, for some strange reason, the very next week, all my posts in this sub forum just failed to show up...they appeared to me only and nobody else could even see them.

The pigeons are still there...in another dimension...where the windows were NOT opened.

In some other multiverse, I am not placed on the ignore list of over half the members of this forum...and yet, if I did not make these posts, members of SF who exist in alternate realities wouldn't be able to respond, right?

Why just limit my existence to this "reality" where I do not exist to others through mere "non reference" because we can pretend that what we have chosen NOT to see, does not exist as much as we like and after some time and due practice, even our mind and senses will become totally convinced of it...thus, it will have simply "disappeared" even though it is still there.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
One day, people could see what I was posting in the Non Duality forum...then, for some strange reason, the very next week, all my posts in this sub forum just failed to show up...they appeared to me only and nobody else could even see them.

The pigeons are still there...in another dimension...where the windows were NOT opened.

In some other multiverse, I am not placed on the ignore list of over half the members of this forum...and yet, if I did not make these posts, members of SF who exist in alternate realities wouldn't be able to respond, right?

Why just limit my existence to this "reality" where I do not exist to others through mere "non reference" because we can pretend that what we have chosen NOT to see, does not exist as much as we like and after some time and due practice, even our mind and senses will become totally convinced of it...thus, it will have simply "disappeared" even though it is still there.

I like to think people who are able to use ignore lists just to be comfortable with their own ideas do so at their own peril. Because this isn't about being comfortable? But I suppose we all heard what we were told and yet none of us can even belive it much less actually do it sigh.

I'm talking a lot less, but I still learn things from you sometimes when I can read your stuff.