Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 17-05-2019, 11:57 AM
Master

Tolle, Krishnamurthy, Dyer ... and many more ...
point the way but we alone can walk through the door

Now where did I hear this ... yes, The Matrix : ‘there is a difference between knowing the path and actually walking the path’ or words to that effect

Yet this being early days ... affirmations, validations are reassuring as are channelled messages from the masters

Old 17-05-2019, 06:40 PM
Master

"Eckhart Tolle net worth: Eckhart Tolle is a German spiritual leader and author who has a net worth of $70 million dollars" (google)

I believe you can't be enlightened when you hold on so much money (made of proselyting).

So, I'd be careful ...
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 17-05-2019, 07:59 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
"Eckhart Tolle net worth: Eckhart Tolle is a German spiritual leader and author who has a net worth of $70 million dollars"

I believe you can't be enlightened when you hold on so much money (made of proselyting).

So, I'd be careful ...

So how much money is an enlightened person permitted to have?

Peace.
Old 17-05-2019, 08:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
So how much money is an enlightened person permitted to have?

Peace.

" It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of god." - JC
Old 17-05-2019, 09:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by django
" It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of god." - JC

It isn't so much the amount of money that matters, but your thoughts (about having it, about what you do with and about it, ...).

If Tolle were enlightened, he wouldn't have accumulated so much money because he would've found use to it already.

Think it this way: would you want that you-in-your-dream to have 70 million dollars? Why?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 17-05-2019, 09:06 PM
Master
It would be nice to discuss about what Tolle writes instead of how much money he has,or what the bible says.
Old 17-05-2019, 09:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
It would be nice to discuss about what Tolle writes instead of how much money he has,or what the bible says.

I posted his approach to disidentifying from pain in #9, we could discuss the value of that. It's Tolle, he's speaking so I'm not putting words in his mouth.

Do you agree with him? Do you follow this advice from him?

Disidentifying from his pain is probably exactly what Tolle did when he was depressed and suicidal, he disidentified in that moment and identified himself instead with his self as a witness, and he seems to have maintained this witness self as the ultimate self to identify with ever since.

Quote:
On that night there was a disidentification from this unpleasant dream of thinking and the painful emotions. The nightmare became unbearable and that triggered the separation of consciousness from its identification with form. I woke up and suddenly realized myself as the I Am and that was deeply peaceful.

Unity Magazine: You wrote that a crystallizing thought preceded it: “I can’t live with myself any longer.” Tell us about that.

Tolle: Yes. It’s interesting that stepping out of thought was actually triggered by a thought. At that moment, consciousness looked at the thought “I can’t live with myself,” and I realized there are two here—“I” and the “self I can’t live with.”

After his awakening he continued to study at his university:

Quote:
I got accepted for graduate work at Cambridge and, again, that came effortlessly, and for a while I enjoyed it. Then gradually I noticed a heaviness because everybody was in their minds and their egos. So, it took a few years before I readily realized, “This is not where I am meant to be.” I almost touched on unhappiness again at that point. I had to bring myself back to the present moment. It was like the mind tugging on my sleeve and saying, “Come this way towards unhappiness.” And I had to say, “No, I’m not going there.”

Unhappiness was still able to be reignited, his answer was to reaffirm his mental decision to disidentify again. As long as he keeps playing that card he might be able to keep his ghosts at bay, but ghosts in cupboards have a way of getting out, even from the cupboards of stellar splitters.

Last edited by django : 17-05-2019 at 10:38 PM.
Old 17-05-2019, 09:34 PM
Master
Quote:
And listening to him speak is some sort of refined torture.

I find the opposite to that, relaxing and soothing.
Old 18-05-2019, 06:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django

I wonder if ETolle will ever catch up to the Vatican, estimated to be worth $10 - $15 Billion.
Old 18-05-2019, 06:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I find the opposite to that, relaxing and soothing.

Yes I also find his gentle nature and voice to be relaxing.
Closed Thread