Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 25-05-2019, 07:32 PM
Seeker

Proverbial fetal position

Hi guys. What do you do when you feel traumatised from the world and want to go into proverbial fetal position to heal?
Old 25-05-2019, 07:50 PM
Master
Not sure I understand the question. You want to know if other feel that way, like doing that? Or literally what they do when they get into that position when they feel traumatised?

I never feel traumatised in the way that I want to get in the fetal position.
If something from the outside world bothers me, I withdraw so I can recover, listen to music I like, meditate, play drums, garden,... depends on what happened.
Old 25-05-2019, 08:34 PM
Administrator
A lot of people will go into the fetal position when they are ill scared or going through Trauma.
because it is how we were in the womb you feel safe and secure,
but others find other ways to deal with Life and what it throws at you.
I used to walk through the woods or the mountains be at one with Nature there is nothing more relaxing.
I cant do it now so I go into my back yard and sit on the bench it is secluded I have got trees all around me that works for me.

Namaste
Old 25-05-2019, 10:05 PM
Master
Literally get in the fetal position, it can be quite comforting. Also have you tried hugging yourself, that's quite nice too. Although I'd rather another hug me
Old 25-05-2019, 10:38 PM
Master
Mine is being alone in a quiet room, with all my comforts around me. Soft blankets, low light, caramel, tea. Sometimes I'll retreat to the bathtub. Mostly though, I need quiet and gentleness, as little stimulous as possible.

Old 25-05-2019, 11:00 PM
Master
There was a point after I had learned to meditate I found myself in the fetal position and sobbing. For me, I needed to work through this. So, I let it out and a good hug, comforting self talk, sitting on the ground, walking barefoot, hugging a tree, walking in nature are all very grounding for me. I also have a strong connection to water, so contact with water is powerful.

I examine the message of the feeling and try to see the root. Some of it is my child self, feeling vulnerable and scared. Journaling can help me hold the emotion away from my heart to look at the feeling when not in meditation to look at it at “arms length.”

Also, I asked others about the sobbing and it seems to be a normal occurrence in the meditation journey.

We are all like beautiful snow flakes and while I can share me experience, your experience is unique to you.
Old 25-05-2019, 11:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anala
There was a point after I had learned to meditate I found myself in the fetal position and sobbing. For me, I needed to work through this. So, I let it out and a good hug, comforting self talk, sitting on the ground, walking barefoot, hugging a tree, walking in nature are all very grounding for me. I also have a strong connection to water, so contact with water is powerful.

I examine the message of the feeling and try to see the root. Some of it is my child self, feeling vulnerable and scared. Journaling can help me hold the emotion away from my heart to look at the feeling when not in meditation to look at it at “arms length.”

Also, I asked others about the sobbing and it seems to be a normal occurrence in the meditation journey.

We are all like beautiful snow flakes and while I can share me experience, your experience is unique to you.

That's good advice. I'm overdue another tree hug. I like writing things down too.