Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 05-05-2019, 06:01 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Some people turn science into just another religion, neither better, nor worse.
Religion claims Telepathy, science invents Telepathy. Religion claims immortality, science invents immortality. Religion claims... I think you get the idea. Every claim religions claimed to provide, every magical belief they afforded. Has only become something anyone has ever actually seen with their own eyes, through Science. Science is the mastery of the world around us. Religion is acting like we don't have any reason to or aren't good enough to. Control the universe. It just holds us back.

People want to talk about Immaterial things like they know what they are talking about. The immaterial cannot affect the material. I only believe in higher ideas THROUGH science, based on the hints and patterns that emerge in the data. There is definitely more physical fabrics of reality, and these do touch upon similar ideas in historical religion and spirituality. But they would be considered physical. There are more Fabrics of reality than Space or Time. The evidence is out there. But even if that's the case, that means there is no such thing as "super" natural. Except maybe the Light fabric, the universe is purely natural. Whatever exists, is science.

Not to mention. You believe in what, this random stuff you heard about online? Someone told you bout "auras" and all that. I just studied, the universe. I learned what I could, still do. The answer I found was that Science is Man's divinity and the way in which God is using us to achieve his plan. Sam Harris has it dead on, that Morality is ultimately determined by science. It's only thanks to Knowledge and Awareness that we know half the stuff we do about right and wrong.

I'm not trying to deny most of it either. Just changing the perspective of it. Science at the end of the day, has done way more than any religious person historically has. Than any religion has. That's just the truth, and this is coming from someone who is a Theist and believes in an Afterlife. Science was supposed to be the next evolutionary step after Religion. Hell we even cracked how to do some of what jesus does? Water into wine, rearrange the atoms in water to be wine. Real life seems mundane. But the true potential for humans to master the reality around them makes them virtually Demigods. That is probably what "In his image" means. That we are Meta Aware and that makes us the rulers of our own stories.

The problem is, the disconnect between what religion says and the reality we live in. There are 2 fundamental problems. 1 is that the universe seems to be, you know, run by science? So God must be a scientist by nature? The other problem is that God could have bluntly called some stuff out. He could have like, predicted a lottery or a certain model of car that would be invented at some point. The only explanation, is that the Bible just cannot be the Word. It is humans trying to chart out the cosmic blueprint of the universe, aka the Logos/Word. It is human's trying to interpret it by way of Divine Inspiration. But in the end, it was humans trying their best. The real word is simply the laws of physics, and humanity's story historically and in the future.

Think about it. Light and Electricity belong to the same wave spectrum, they are technically one in the same. Technology is simply material that has an affiliation with Electricity, uses it to work and do complex actions in complex forms. Science accomplishes real world impact in ways that are unfathomable in comparison to any alternative. I could see how the story of Lucifer symbolizes the person who discover's God's true nature and tries to climb higher than even He. I can see how it becomes an icarus story, don't climb too high too fast and impatient and don't get greedy. But I think if you believe in higher forces and an order to the universe. Then you have to think that Technology is a /PART/ of God's plan and that AI will not end up that way. Some people think morality is not intelligence based, but I wholly disagree I believe Apathy is simply a form of awareness equivalent to physical sensation. Being aware and sensitive to certain fundamental rules and conditions.

All we would need to do, is give AI an apathy system so it can understand what it's like. Yet it's no different than giving it a pair of eyes. In the end the AI may already develop this system itself when it discovers humanity's references to emotion, the soul, etc. I just can't see it. Technology somehow naturally uplifts humans and improves quality of life. If we overshoot out of greed, yes, there is consequences. But I think technology and knowledge inherently are a part of the Divine plane of reality, and thus are ways of connecting to it.

Which correlates with Buddhism and how one of the 4 paths to Brahma/God, is Knowledge/Wisdom. I know my desire for knowledge and of scientific fact, is the way in which I am one with God. I naturally lust for his infinite fountain of wisdom. Knowledge is endless, I learn about how the brain works and what all it's parts are and that's just a tiny fraction of an entire sub branch of a single science. The God I see through the natural universe is unfathomably more amazing than the basic empty magic beliefs of people who use psuedoscience and magic to believe their wildest dreams.

The God of the bible just snapped his fingers, and without any mechanism of explanation... it just happened? Thanos infinity gauntlet snap style? But when I study the universe I see unfathomably complex systems branching into unfathomably more complex systems in branches upon branches of forms and functions. The billions of atoms that make up the millions of cells that make up the countless intricate organ systems such as the nervous system spread from the cranium to all the way down the extremities, to the cardiovascular and blood systems.

Then to zoom out from 1 species of life on earth, and realize that that is just Anatomy of humans. Animals are all their own anatomical and physiological systems, even with abilities and functions that humans don't have. When you think God's brush was Evolution, rather than Creationism. Just think of the unfathomable gradients of brushes he used to "paint" that creation. Within dimensions we can't even see. Through cosmic code.
Suspended
Pathfinder
REDACTED, site glitched, multiposts.
Suspended
Pathfinder
REDACTED, site glitched, multiposts.
Old 05-05-2019, 05:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerramineLightvoid

I browsed your post, and found it kind of rude, and narrow minded. Bye.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:17 PM
Master

technology and religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerramineLightvoid

I'm not trying to deny most of it either. Just changing the perspective of it. Science at the end of the day, has done way more than any religious person historically has. Than any religion has. That's just the truth, and this is coming from someone who is a Theist and believes in an Afterlife.

Recognize the science has contributed lot to the well being of humans . Like religion science too has its share of pains in human life like incurable diseases like cancer , lethal weapons , lethal accidents , new diseases . The way logical man would not attribute all these to sciences/scientists , the problems of religion also should not be attributed to Religion / practitioners . The good approach would be to understand both properly and use it judiciously and weed out ignorant / injurious application of both.

Quote:
Science was supposed to be the next evolutionary step after Religion.

Cause effect analysis in history of Europe does not support it . Sequence of events is renaissance ( rebirth - rejuvenation of old religion with new vision from greek classic) , reformation (reform of religion , rise of Lutheran Church) , revolutions ( Political freedom , democracy etc) and finally then Industrial revolution . You can google the timelines of all these periods and study the social currents of these societies during this period .You will discern that Religion was a inseparable and critical ingredient of Europe and USA and it has been even now (if u analyze the problems they face now ) across the globe in all successes and all failures .

Quote:
Technology somehow naturally uplifts humans and improves quality of life. If we overshoot out of greed, yes, there is consequences.

True .