Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 03-01-2011, 08:27 PM
HalfaMan

Graves, cremation, funerals etc

Hello all of you and regards for 2011.

I have often wondered what spirits think about their bodies resting places?

My wife wanted to be cremated, I found this hard but she was firm about it long before we had any idea she was going to go.

I come from a traditional burial family you see.

Anyway my wife's body was cremated and the ashes were mostly scattered on the memorial garden I made for her here at home.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y89W96rosFc

But also small offerings were taken to special places to us.

While it was her wish and while I can see a lot of sense in this method I still find myself beating myself up! 'How could I let them burn her' and no permanent memorial.

Mum on the other hand was buried and I visit the grave as often as I can, fill up the bird feeder and tend to the plants etc.

Sometimes I stand there and look out over the probably thousands of stones and wonder at the sadness that each one represents.

But, I would like to know what spirit make of all this, do they hang around graves?
What about cremations?

A couple of mediums have told me that my wife attended her own funeral and was with me helping me to make the speech and that.
Don't know how I did it all so maybe she was, but is it not an odd feeling attending your own funeral?

I'd like some insight into this.

Thanks

Mike
Old 03-01-2011, 08:34 PM
glenos

My ol' mum was at hers.. a story in itself(!) They are long gone when they have passed over in the main. Our physical manifestation is but a pin-prick molecule of eternity afterall. There's no mileage in what may be left of the overcoat of the physical body. If it helps you to come to terms with their passing then why not visit their grave or Garden of Rest. Nothing wrong in that. Do be aware though that they will be saying "Oi, I'm over here, not there!"

LOVE LOVE LOVE

G
Old 03-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Master
Whenever I go to a graveyard (I am morbid I like to visit them just to see), I don't feel spirits at all unless I totally focus on a particular gravesite. So in my opinion I really don't feel that ghosts/spirits hang around graveyards/sites unless family or friends come to visit.
Spiritlite.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Enya

When people die, the body is a shell, nothing more. They will remain for a few days to help and to say goodbye, then they return to their fuller spirit body, which has much more of their total being than the physical would ever hold. They'll only hang around graves when loved ones visit, to comfort, or because they can't move on for some reason. But as Spiritlite says... they'll be jumping up and down saying - Stop crying, I'm still alive!'
Old 03-01-2011, 09:44 PM
earthprowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Whenever I go to a graveyard (I am morbid I like to visit them just to see), I don't feel spirits at all unless I totally focus on a particular gravesite. So in my opinion I really don't feel that ghosts/spirits hang around graveyards/sites unless family or friends come to visit.
Spiritlite.

spiritlite, you're not morbid. when driving I always wave because you never know who might be standing there watching and i guess it's my way of letting any of them know we still think of them. so......that makes me the weird one. lol.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:51 PM
HalfaMan

Maybe someone with the sight can ask the spirits?

I know the body is a shell, but we spend so long loving it, I vividly recall how hard it was to let them move the body, I felt terrible guilt and betral for allowing the undertakers to take it away!
See I was her sworne protector, a role I took completly seriously.
Maybe it seems a bit old fashioned, but that was just us
Old 03-01-2011, 09:53 PM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfaMan
Hello all of you and regards for 2011.

Anyway my wife's body was cremated and the ashes were mostly scattered on the memorial garden I made for her here at home.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y89W96rosFc

But also small offerings were taken to special places to us.

While it was her wish and while I can see a lot of sense in this method I still find myself beating myself up! 'How could I let them burn her' and no permanent memorial.

Mum on the other hand was buried and I visit the grave as often as I can, fill up the bird feeder and tend to the plants etc.

Sometimes I stand there and look out over the probably thousands of stones and wonder at the sadness that each one represents.

But, I would like to know what spirit make of all this, do they hang around graves?
What about cremations?

Mike

Mike...

The memorial garden you made for your wife sounds lovely. The headstone at the cemeteries are just for us, not really for the dead. It gives us a place to go to be with the ones we lost, but it sounds like to me that the memorial garden accomplishes the same thing. You know of course that your wife is in spirit and is no longer attached to her remains. Eventually, all remains in cemeteries will go to ashes too, your wife's request just sped up the process. You created that garden as a special place for her and I would think that it would be more peaceful and special than a burial plot in a commercial cemetery.

Did you know that some religions like Hebrew and Muslim bury their unpreserved dead in a plain pine box? There is even a "green" movement to get more folks to do this as it is more economical and better for the environment.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Ciqala

I wouldn't much care once i leave this earth, where my body ends up. While i am on this earth, i would much like my body thrown in a forest somewhere, to offer my flesh to the spirits, animals, scavengers, and earth, but of course that is illegal.
I find it highly odd, to hold onto the remains of a loved one, like some family who likes to hang onto cremated ashes in jars, why? The body is not the aspect of who the person was at all, that is just kind of creepy, and they are not connected to their bodies at all after they die. They come back, hanging around the house, hanging around us to make sure we are okay. They don't come back for themselves, to bask in earthly things, because earthly things suck, but they come back to ease our pain.
I would attend my funeral only to help my loved ones through, other than that i'm sure it would be boring, and i would have amazing things to get onto explore. I don't agree with funerals, i find them odd, like why? Why delve into death in such an odd way, when death is an amazing thing.
perhaps i will tell my family exactly how i want my funeral to be. i would want my funeral to be happy, and not have people talking about all the things i used to do, i would like it, where they can sit around, offer things to spirit, congratulate me, and communicate to me, like i am actually still alive, and not gone, they should say, "congratulations Sabrina (that is my real name) we are so glad you have moved on! What a great endeavour!"
and then they can dance, and my spirit will fill the entire room, they will party, and actually celebrate my amazing journey into a better place, that would be cool, if everyone could laugh, instead of cry, wish me well on my journey with smiles, dance around and party and celebrate and honour my passing with happiness. i don't want them to wear black, instead i want them to wear bright colours. i would want them to have some upbeat music playing in the background. and i certainly don't want them to stare at my body, i wouldn't appreciate that, how gross, i would more appreciate if they celebrated my spirit. but of course, i can't ask my family to separate from their ways of mourning. Well i make it a vow, to either bring a flock of ravens or eagles to wherever they hold my funeral, and to make my presence known one way or another.

I don't like attending funerals for my loved ones. and i know they respect my decision. people just gaze at the dead body, crying. i would much rather go somewhere else and talk to my dead loved ones spirit and talk about happy things with them, ask them how they are doing, and give them a huge hug.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Master
EarthProwler thankyou usually I go to graveyards that are pretty old as I like to see how old they are and how young many died etc.
I pay my respects while there but I find graveyard sites very peaceful.
Spiritlite.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Snowcat

Revelation 2:23 Jesus shall kill (the rebellious) them with death.

Nahum 1:14 I shall make thy grave, for thou are vile.