Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 16-01-2020, 09:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' The belief was held that sin was inherited through one's parents and was generational in nature. '

Do you think M that Karma is ' Sin ' or that sin produces Karmic Seeds?

Original Sin is supposedly removed through Baptism according to the Roman Catholic Church so some Karma would have been removed ( if you believe this) hence the idea sin is inherited from Parents is null and void. What a tangled set of beliefs each Religion holds to be true is enough to give you a headache

sky123,

Karma is not sin. Think of the scales of justice. Scales are meant to introduce balance. Karma, as I see it, attempts to provide a balance to various actions.

Sin necessitates law
Crime necessitates punishment
Actions necessitate karma

And explaining my absence from this thread for a few hours:
Expenses necessitates bills......hahahaha.....I have been paying my bills this morning.....:)
Old 16-01-2020, 09:10 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
Good point, but it's refering to a physical birth, it's as clear as it can be..

1083. gennesis ghen'-nay-sis from 1080; nativity:--birth.
1080. gennao ghen-nah'-o from a variation of 1085; to procreate (properly, of the father, but by extension of the mother); figuratively, to regenerate:--bear, beget, be born, bring forth, conceive, be delivered of, gender, make, spring.

This verse uses 1079 Greek (Strong's concordence)
it is different than 1083 above.

1079. genete ghen-et-ay feminine of a presumed derivative of the base of 1074; birth:--birth.
1074. genea ghen-eh-ah' from (a presumed derivative of) 1085; a generation; by implication, an age (the period or the persons):--age, generation, nation, time.
Old 16-01-2020, 09:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
1080. gennao ghen-nah'-o from a variation of 1085; to procreate (properly, of the father, but by extension of the mother); figuratively, to regenerate:--bear, beget, be born, bring forth, conceive, be delivered of, gender, make, spring.

1079. genete ghen-et-ay feminine of a presumed derivative of the base of 1074; birth:--birth.
1074. genea ghen-eh-ah' from (a presumed derivative of) 1085; a generation; by implication, an age (the period or the persons):--age, generation, nation, time.

I read the same thing, but if you go on reading John 9, you get another picture... I always use strong concordance.
Old 16-01-2020, 09:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
sky123,

Karma is not sin. Think of the scales of justice. Scales are meant to introduce balance. Karma, as I see it, attempts to provide a balance to various actions.

Sin necessitates law
Crime necessitates punishment
Actions necessitate karma

And explaining my absence from this thread for a few hours:
Expenses necessitates bills......hahahaha.....I have been paying my bills this morning.....:)

Yes that's your Karma Paying bills is cause and effect, you use the utilities, you pay for them....
Old 16-01-2020, 09:17 PM
Master

Quote:
The idea is that they asked that question, which, in biblical terms, make no sense, it's not possible to sin even before being born - "And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth", this is how it starts, they knew right before that he was born blind and yet they asked that question, that ends with "that he was born blind", they were well aware.

I thought you can see what I am trying to show but you can't.. ( you = all ).

Did that man sinned even before being born and so he was born blind or his parents sinned? This is what they asked, the writer of that gospel, wrote that verse purposely this way, why ask if that man sinned if he was not even alive.

ThatMan,

It was a legitimate belief at that time. It was a logical question at that time. We cannot use our present day understanding to invalidate the understandings of that point in time. The disciples believed(according to the time that they lived in) that an infirmity such as blindness was, if you will, punishment for sin. Theirs was almost like a trick question because the man was born blind.....if it was from birth....it was hard to believe that it could have been the man's own sin that caused his blindness. Perhaps they expected Jesus to list the sins of his parents that had caused him to be blind.
Old 16-01-2020, 09:18 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Makes no sense to you because your not understanding Karma....

I don't worry about past lives.
I do however understand choices have consequences.
I do not however understand all choices since I like living simply.
Chop wood, carry water.:)
Old 16-01-2020, 09:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Makes no sense to you because your not understanding Karma....
Or it could be, you do not understand the Jewish belief system for that time period.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 16-01-2020, 10:09 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
I read the same thing, but if you go on reading John 9, you get another picture... I always use strong concordance.

I see that the apostles say born (1080 Greek from Strong's)
And they may very well believed in reincarnation.
Jesus clearly stated that no one sinned.
So it is not a case of some kind of karma from a past life.

I have no doubt he was born and born blind.
I think it is curious that it says blind from birth (1074 Greek from Strong's)
There is sin and then there is sin nature which is spoilage or rot or death.
Jesus is the Light of the world.
God said let there be Light.
Adam chose knowledge over Light/Life so here we are.
But God has a plan in this story called the holy Spirit to comfort
until the Light comes back into the world and wipes away all tears
and darkness will be no more.
So the story goes.

Why what do you see?
Old 16-01-2020, 10:50 PM
Master
Quote:

REALLY GOOD POINTS!

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 16-01-2020, 11:33 PM
Master

Quote:
I see that the apostles say born (1080 Greek from Strong's)
And they may very well believed in reincarnation.
Jesus clearly stated that no one sinned.
So it is not a case of some kind of karma from a past life.

I have no doubt he was born and born blind.
I think it is curious that it says blind from birth (1074 Greek from Strong's)
There is sin and then there is sin nature which is spoilage or rot or death.
Jesus is the Light of the world.
God said let there be Light.
Adam chose knowledge over Light/Life so here we are.
But God has a plan in this story called the holy Spirit to comfort
until the Light comes back into the world and wipes away all tears
and darkness will be no more.
So the story goes.

Why what do you see?

For me, reincarnation, rebirth or karma are not important, for me it's important the truth and the true nature of things, so my point was not to prove those above but to show that the truth is way deeper by simply using Bible verses without assigned them interpretations, just looking at them in black and white.

It's too much suffering in this world and people deserve to know the truth and to free themselves from being the slaves of this illusory world.

Knowledge was the forbiden fruit, but without knowledge, ignorance reigns, and ignorance leads to endless suffering. I am talking about spiritual knowledge, not human knowledge, the spiritual knowledge frees the man from seeing his brother as his enemy and reveals that they are truly brothers and that they are one and the same, images of the Supreme Being.