Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 16-10-2018, 05:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight
I just wondered is all...I used to have lots of Jehovah Witness friends when I followed religion more closely but never thought to ask at the time. Its an interesting thought.
That is interesting as Pagandell said, and I too never thought to ask the JWs who came to my house, what is up with that. I always invited them in and we had several long talks. I'm as anti-religion as it gets, but I love sharing spiritual ideas with people, regardless of their philosophical beliefs. But that JW blood transfusion thing... boy, that almost got me saying to them, "Yeah, well, that's just too weird a belief, and now you have to go, goodbye!"

The answer obviously is that the religion says it's okay to eat meat, and not okay to have a transfusion. That's the way it rolls with beliefs. I'm pretty pessimistic when it comes to getting answers to analytical and logical questions, from people who hold beliefs not based in anything analytical and logical. Two completely different and incompatible modes of consciousness, really and truly.
Old 16-10-2018, 07:22 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
That is interesting as Pagandell said, and I too never thought to ask the JWs who came to my house, what is up with that. I always invited them in and we had several long talks. I'm as anti-religion as it gets, but I love sharing spiritual ideas with people, regardless of their philosophical beliefs. But that JW blood transfusion thing... boy, that almost got me saying to them, "Yeah, well, that's just too weird a belief, and now you have to go, goodbye!"

The answer obviously is that the religion says it's okay to eat meat, and not okay to have a transfusion. That's the way it rolls with beliefs. I'm pretty pessimistic when it comes to getting answers to analytical and logical questions, from people who hold beliefs not based in anything analytical and logical. Two completely different and incompatible modes of consciousness, really and truly.

Hi Baile..Its hard to know what to think as I dont see things the same as the majority I feel. I too am pessimistic but yet I am open minded at the same time.
I am too free a spirit to be tired to such doctrines and rules (especially ones I find too much contradiction in) yet I once looked to the lord in days gone by.....I tried many churches , befriended and studied lots of religions. This is when I met my Jehova's Witness friends ...lovely people..but I (like you) could not hold with their beliefs. The blood transfusion thing is a classic example and my enquiring mind would like to understand it,...if blood is not to be ingested then surely blood is blood no matter its origin. Why is the blood of an animal any different from human? Its made of the same substance
I will be happy to be corrected on this.

I ask too many questions to be part of these places...they forbid the reading of other religious literature..why is this. The wonderful knowledge they miss learning... I love reading religious beliefs and sharing spiritual ideas. I respect people but I will question....I too have had Jehova's Witnesses in for a chat..I am genuinely interested what they have to say.

I am more with the earth and nature...always have been... even during my time with Christianity I never fit in really..and soon realised it..i am a truth seeker.... as a baby I spat out meat my mother tried to feed me ...my spirit rejecting it.

I feel nature
Old 16-10-2018, 07:56 PM
Master
Quote:
The blood transfusion thing is a classic example and my enquiring mind would like to understand it,...if blood is not to be ingested then surely blood is blood no matter its origin. Why is the blood of an animal any different from human?
I would GUESS it has to do with non-interference with "God's plan". EDIT: Just checked online and that's it.
Quote:
even during my time with Christianity I never fit in really... I am more with the earth and nature...
Same here, I was never into the "hardcore belief" thing and the believers didn't like that. My cathedral is my backyard-forest where I feed and watch the Nuthatches and Blue Jays.
Old 16-10-2018, 08:49 PM
Knower
Quote:
I would GUESS it has to do with non-interference with "God's plan". EDIT: Just checked online and that's it.Same here, I was never into the "hardcore belief" thing and the believers didn't like that. My cathedral is my backyard-forest where I feed and watch the Nuthatches and Blue Jays.

Perfect. There are nuthatches on the bird feeders at my home.....you are lucky,
I will share what happened to me the other day. I was out in a garden store and a blue bottle fly landed on my bag.... the same fly had been buzzing around...but as I say, landed on my bag....it would not move by my wriggling the bag (as I didn't want to accidentally squash it)
I put my hands by it,,,it didn't move ...and finally stroked its wings....it did not move. Part of me asks was it dying? Exhausted?but it later flew around normally and went back to its quick reactions as a fly should..
Cant explain it... only that I meditate at becoming one with nature. Or it could be coincidence...not sure
Old 17-10-2018, 12:35 AM
Master
Quote:
I meditate at becoming one with nature. Or it could be coincidence...not sure
Since I took a meditative interest in the birds and animals in my back forest, my relationship to them has changed. They take an interest and play with me now, in their own ways. So yes, that is what happens for sure.

A discussion thread like this... in a few decades from now human beings will weep at such an inhuman topic title, we will have evolved our empathy to that degree. Thank you for sharing that.
Old 17-10-2018, 10:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Since I took a meditative interest in the birds and animals in my back forest, my relationship to them has changed. They take an interest and play with me now, in their own ways. So yes, that is what happens for sure.

A discussion thread like this... in a few decades from now human beings will weep at such an inhuman topic title, we will have evolved our empathy to that degree. Thank you for sharing that.

Baile i think that we have to pull off a miracle to reach that in a few decades. how do we transition from here to there so fast?
Old 12-12-2018, 02:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
Baile i think that we have to pull off a miracle to reach that in a few decades. how do we transition from here to there so fast?

It will occur, but evolution will have nothing to do with it. Restoration will happen, coming full circle to the original situation of the "Garden". This after the written prophesies are fulfilled.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 12-12-2018, 05:56 PM
ImthatIm

If the animal is your concern, then there are many ways of change that people can employ to help out. My experience is they are really not THAT concerned.
I wouldn't push my eating habits on another, or try to guilt someone into changing their eating habits.
The Bible gives freedom and Liberty to follow ones heart as lead by the Holy Spirit.
I can even chow down some ribs offered to idols as long as it doesn't cause someone else to stumble.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:28 PM
Master
A big part of their concern is about the planet. But prophecy tells us what will occur, and destiny and predestination are valid.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein