Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 24-04-2019, 07:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
You can say that about almost anything health related, so not sure why you would emphasize it now..

I emphasise it because the claim that whole grains make you live longer or prevent cancer (or live shorter and create disease) or anything like that is misleading.

Quote:
Anyways. Grains provide people with carbs, protein, vitamins, iron, magnesium and other nutrients so they are good and they are not just good for those that live healthy in general..
Old 29-04-2019, 09:38 AM
Master
But nobody ever said those things, so this is pointless..

Old 29-04-2019, 10:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
But nobody ever said those things, so this is pointless..

Sure, they did. Lucky 1 said grains are bad and there is research showing it, and Saph has said numerous times that grains and all other starchy carbs are somehow toxic. You countered saying grains are beneficial. I replied saying research shows people consuming whole grains have increased life expectancy and those consuming refined grains get sick and die, but instead of this indicating that grains of any type are causing these effects, it's more likely that people who choose whole grains choose healthier lifestyles in general than those who choose refined grains.

(BTW, there is no scientific evidence for "Mucoid Plaque" in animals or in humans, and anyone who claims it is healthy to remove mucus from the GI tract should not be heeded.)
Old 29-04-2019, 10:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Sure, they did. Lucky 1 said grains are bad and there is research showing it, and Saph has said numerous times that grains and all other starchy carbs are somehow toxic. You countered saying grains are beneficial. I replied saying research shows people consuming whole grains have increased life expectancy and those consuming refined grains get sick and die, but instead of this indicating that grains of any type are causing these effects, it's more likely that people who choose whole grains choose healthier lifestyles in general than those who choose refined grains.

(BTW, there is no scientific evidence for "Mucoid Plaque" in animals or in humans, and anyone who claims it is healthy to remove mucus from the GI tract should not be heeded.)

Yes I said whole grains are beneficial and nutritional. I, nor anyone else, ever claimed that grains makes one live longer or that grains prevent cancer. You're stepping too far with those points, probably remembering something someone said on another website, but not here. Just drop it..
Old 01-05-2019, 03:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather
Yes I said whole grains are beneficial and nutritional. I, nor anyone else, ever claimed that grains makes one live longer or that grains prevent cancer. You're stepping too far with those points, probably remembering something someone said on another website, but not here. Just drop it..

If you google 'diet whole grains' you'll see all sorts of claims, but be they cancer causing or preventing, or longevity enhancing or diminishing was not the point I was making. That was only an aside. Since seemingly the point I was making has been missed, and the asides are taken as the point, I'll just repeat that grains (or any other particular food) are not in themselves beneficial or harmful; it's just that people who choose whole grains are also more likely to chose a range of healthy life-habits, and those who choose refined grain are more likely to choose less healthy life-habits. Hence, choosing whole grains is a more nutrient dense option than refined grains, so more nutritious and better for health, but affects on positive outcomes or negative outcomes are multifactorial.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:35 AM
Master
I wonder why it is so hard for others posting in this thread to talk or learn about fruit lol.. that is what the point of it is.. but beside that the point is also what makes other foods less ideal than fruit, so either topic is fine but it would be nice and refreshing if people posting here were at least a little interested in understanding, exploring, and discussing the truth about fruit

So I started reading Dr Morse's book with the online version. very interesting information though so far it's mainly just going into detail about what the body consists of and how it functions. basic & complex science and established facts I think most anyone can concur with. I guess he is laying the groundwork to build up to explaining how the foods effect the body once the topography is understood. (anyone who disagrees with him I'd appreciate them reading information from his book to see if there's really basis to disagree with him..)

but in the beginning of the book he did talk about some of his spiritual experiences when he was younger including how he ate only oranges for 6 months.. he had to stop because he grew too conscious and connected to outer (or inner) worlds, which is also why he doesn't recommend most people adopt a total fruitarian lifestyle indefinitely.. but he did learn it is the best way to heal the quickest so devotes his life to teaching people for the purpose of overcoming disease and discomfort. anyway, he also says that when he ate only oranges for months when he cut himself or something he would not really bleed, it wouldn't hurt, and it'd heal in a day or two. So granting he has no reason to lie, the reality of a person subsisting on solely oranges for half a year and becoming stronger than ever really makes you question the necessity and reality of the current structures of nutrition and whatnot.. for the record his recommended protocols of diet aren't just oranges for people, but he does suggest the sickest people to eat only fruit til they start getting better.. berries, grapes and melons as top picks.
There are reasons why most other foods besides fruits are not recommended for those that want to heal, and that is why I made this thread, to dig deeper into that and explore the subject but for some strange reason many humans, who are designed to be frugivores, have trouble even entertaining or investigating the idea that fruit is the food meant for our main consumption, and that perhaps others which we're required to mutilate and destroy before eating are not so great for us afterall...
Old 16-06-2019, 05:37 PM
This thread is wild. Fruit is the ultimate source of energy. Its also one step closer to an ideologically peaceful diet. To pick a fruit off the tree, the tree is not destroyed. Better if the fruit is sourced local and through humane labor, but I think its important for us to do what we can. I don't eat only fruit, but my diet's foundation is fruit. After going 80% fruitarian, I've cured my alcoholism and have much more mental stability, not to mention my body thanks me every day for the nutrients. I find that a lot of raw vegans and fruitarians give unreliable and unscientific information, and I don't think the medical industry is out to get us. I think what is important is trying something out for yourself and making conclusions based on your personal experiences, instead of attempting to manage or make comments on others' lifestyles.
Old 17-06-2019, 09:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernworm
This thread is wild. Fruit is the ultimate source of energy. Its also one step closer to an ideologically peaceful diet. To pick a fruit off the tree, the tree is not destroyed. Better if the fruit is sourced local and through humane labor, but I think its important for us to do what we can. I don't eat only fruit, but my diet's foundation is fruit. After going 80% fruitarian, I've cured my alcoholism and have much more mental stability, not to mention my body thanks me every day for the nutrients. I find that a lot of raw vegans and fruitarians give unreliable and unscientific information, and I don't think the medical industry is out to get us. I think what is important is trying something out for yourself and making conclusions based on your personal experiences, instead of attempting to manage or make comments on others' lifestyles.

I think its important to say true things, and although fruit has carbohydrates in the form of sugars, which is a source of energy (calories), fruit is generally low in fat and protein, which are also energy sources - and essential nutrients.

Fruits are a nutrient rich food source and it's a good idea to include fruit in a well balanced diet.

The raw foodies on social media don't give good nutrition information, as you say, and anyone promoting raw vegan diet or a fruit diet will invariably neglect to explain how a person should meet their essential nutrient needs.

I advise against trying radical diets of any kind, and can only suggest that people eat to get the calories and nutrients that optimise their health according to their individual lifestyles, circumstances, ethical values and body composition goals.
Old 21-06-2019, 01:17 AM
Master
lol Fernworm that is a nice adjective to describe this thread.. Thank you so much for your post and sharing your personal experience. I really appreciate it.

though I'd have to strongly disagree about the medical industry not being out to "get us".. there are many people with wonderful intentions involved in it who are misguided and think they are dedicating their lives to good and healing, but the system is set up to fail and deliberately harm people. but that's another thread and one of the main reasons I made this one was to share how we can truly heal ourselves relatively easily without any unnecessary nonsense

Gem I'm sorry but you are just reiterating the cookie cutter government approved textbook information you've been repeating for over a dozen pages now.. when you could've taken some of this time to broaden your horizons and investigate the flaws in what you're parroting and delve deeper into something where new and encouraging truths are found. I think that you could appreciate the last sentence Fernworm said and I personally would be thrilled if you were willing to try out a sensible fruitarian diet for a while and stop judging from your preconditioned stance on the idea.. though although you apparently eat pretty clean you'd probably still have a lot of detoxification to go through before you could fully judge how amazing you'd feel on a fruitarian diet.. This thread is about ditching all the things we grew up being told and taught and thought we knew and finding the best truth to truly serve us and each other
Old 21-06-2019, 10:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
lol Fernworm that is a nice adjective to describe this thread.. Thank you so much for your post and sharing your personal experience. I really appreciate it.

though I'd have to strongly disagree about the medical industry not being out to "get us".. there are many people with wonderful intentions involved in it who are misguided and think they are dedicating their lives to good and healing, but the system is set up to fail and deliberately harm people. but that's another thread and one of the main reasons I made this one was to share how we can truly heal ourselves relatively easily without any unnecessary nonsense

Gem I'm sorry but you are just reiterating the cookie cutter government approved textbook information you've been repeating for over a dozen pages now.. when you could've taken some of this time to broaden your horizons and investigate the flaws in what you're parroting and delve deeper into something where new and encouraging truths are found. I think that you could appreciate the last sentence Fernworm said and I personally would be thrilled if you were willing to try out a sensible fruitarian diet for a while and stop judging from your preconditioned stance on the idea.. though although you apparently eat pretty clean you'd probably still have a lot of detoxification to go through before you could fully judge how amazing you'd feel on a fruitarian diet.. This thread is about ditching all the things we grew up being told and taught and thought we knew and finding the best truth to truly serve us and each other

I work with bodies in real life where diet and exercise is concerned, and the protocols I employ actually result in the predicted outcomes.

Just about everyone who undertakes a radical diet of any kind, including frugiarism, will revert to a more nutritionally complete way of eating, simply because the frugarian (or any other highly restrictive diet) recommendations are not sustainable.

The simple truth is, people need adequate calories and a well rounded nutrient profile. Since I personally, and the clients I serve, and all the athletes in the world, obtain the results they want in terms of their body composition and physical ability, it is demonstrable that what I say on this thread is true.

The reason people such as my self repeat the truth is to let people know that people can experience untold benefit if they live according to what is true.

After all, I am only saying that people need enough food with good nutrition, and there are many ways in which that can be achieved. Frugarianism makes it exceedingly difficult and practically impossible to achieve that, so I can only suggest most strongly that people do not undertake that particular diet. People should accept the science which is clear in saying there are a lot of different ways of obtaining a full nutrient profile be that vegan, vegetarian or omnivorous in nature.

I already explained how we work out a person;s caloric needs, how we distribute fat, carbs and protein according to individual lifestyle, how we complete the micronutrient profile, organise meal timing, and top up with supplements if needed or convenient. People who don't explain all that are not telling the truth, so they must be either ignorant, dishonest, and usually both.

Other people on this site also know what I am saying is accurate, and that the general rule of calories and nutrients is how the thing works. You can try other things, but they will not work, and eventually, it all comes down to the math. How tall are you, gender, age, weight, basal metabolic rate, activity level, and with those numbers we can work things out and through eating more of this and less of that, if you want to get strong, lose weight, run far, or whatever it is, work out a better way of eating according to individual lifestyles and personal preferences.

No one who knows their stuff will ever claim that there is one way of eating that is optimal for everyone.