Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Electronic Communication

Old 28-03-2019, 01:33 PM
Knower

EVP Question

I know of someone who can hear whispery, otherworldly voices, a tad robotic in tone, on DVD. One day he let me hear them. They are definitely there. This was no shared aural hallucination. Whatever is said is being expressed in staccato form. There are recognizable syllables, it sounds like it’s in English, but it’s still not distinct enough to make out what is actually being spoken.

These are two movies on disc. Around that time, I went and checked out the same titles from a public library in order to see if these strange whispers appeared on other copies. They don’t. They are only heard on his DVDs, which he told me he purchased from a second-hand store. (Might one of the previous owners have been a dabbler in this?)

I wrote down the times on the counter display of when these whispery voices appeared and replayed these sound anomalies over and over. It’s quite uncanny. They are distinct and are heard in sections where there is no dialogue. They are each only one or two words in length.

My question is: Has anyone else heard EVP on digital video discs that were unrecorded by him or her? If so, how is this possible? I always thought EVP had to be captured via enticement, first. Please explain what you think to be the electronic explanation for this.
Old 30-03-2019, 01:27 PM
Knower

Update: This person, being not into metaphysics as I am, has since informed me that he has disposed of the two discs. This was surprising news to me. Hitherto, he’d held onto them but after careful consideration thought it best not to have them around, as a precautionary measure taken against his possibly and inadvertently allowing a low-level entity to infest him. I don’t think his decision is one that I would have made. It sounds a wee superstitious to me. I think I would have hung onto them and had them analyzed by a sound expert at some point in time.
Old 30-03-2019, 02:03 PM
Knower

Surely, the skeptics have heard EVPs. How could they not have? They’re right there, captured “on tape,” to be analyzed by sound experts with the proper equipment for minimizing and maximizing layered audio. They certainly can’t in all sincerity attribute EVPs to vivid imagination, ventriloquism, or to their hearing things?

Still, I wonder if some of these EVPs that get re-played on radio talk shows are all authentic recordings or if a few are not produced by state-of-the-art scientific instruments, for the speculated purpose of trying to dupe the less incredulous among us. A few EVPs that are played on these shows are so crystal clear they seem too good to be true.

For example, on one program that I listened to years ago the guest played EVPs which, some might say coincidentally, all sounded to be in English; one or two of these sound clips even too enunciated to be believed.

I’m not saying that I think all or even the majority of EVPs are hoaxes; certainly not the ones that apparently show up on audio media without any enticing on the part of the witness.

There are those who feel the work of EVP pioneer Friedrich Jergenson pretty much confirmed the reality of this eerie research decades ago. Yet it has been my experience that this impressive bit of history generally goes unheard of within the skeptical literature. Perhaps it is too disturbing to them to give their attention to. Their cherished theoretical worldview might show an unmistakable crack in it.

In my opinion, EVPs are not necessarily “voices of the deceased” anymore than they are necessarily voices of inter-dimensional humanoids seeking human contact. At this point in time, how can anyone be certain as to exactly what this is? We may never know for sure. Science might one day, in a more contemplative frame of mind, decide to put it to empirical analysis and attempt to define it when it might very well for the rest of us have to remain an indefinite unknown.

For the close-minded negators, then, to write off this entire field of study simply because they themselves happen to disbelieve in disembodied spirits (which, in this case, might turn out to be nothing more than an unexplained phenomenon) I think is somewhat irresponsible skepticism on their part, if not a tad unprofessional ... just as my internal grammarian can sometimes be, too.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:19 PM
Master

Some guesses would be a ghost in the studio where the movies were made , random noise , or just a trick of the mind . It would of been nice if the audio had been posted some where for others to hear it .