Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 10-04-2014, 09:53 PM
Ascender
How do I get rid of a ghost?

I have this ornament. It's a black doe head that rests on the wall. It was my Great Grandmothers, and she'd had it for as long as my Grandad can remember it. Thing is, I think it's haunted. Because every time I look at it or am standing in the hallway with my back turned to it I can feel something watching me. This really eerie feeling passes over me and I start shaking. I feel nauseous and scared. Normally I'd throw the thing out and be done with it. However, it doesn't belong to me. It's my Grandads now. And he's the biggest skeptic I know where it concerns the afterlife.
But here's another thing. That's not the only haunted thing in my house. I think the whole house is haunted.
Fun fact about my village. People were hanged here, not even half a mile from where I live. The village got it's name from being called The Gallows Walk. So really, the enitre half of the village which I reside in is haunted.

I want to know. How can I get these spirits to move on? They do not seem to want to go. I've tried asking nicely, yellin at them, cleansin with holy water and sage. They just won't go away.
Old 13-04-2014, 04:20 AM
Master

You might have to try to find someone who's experienced in removing spirits.
Old 13-04-2014, 10:01 AM
Ascender
Except I don't have the money to do that.
Old 13-04-2014, 11:57 AM
E.V.P researcher

I will try to help you if you are still having problems with spirit. Just get back to me and we can do this .
Old 13-04-2014, 04:28 PM
Suspended
Take the deer head off the wall, and keep it in a wooden box made of cedar if possible. As far as the rest, you are probably famillar with them through out the years you been there.
Old 13-04-2014, 08:33 PM
Ascender
My Grandparents won't let me take it down, because for them it has sentimental value. They won't let me touch it.
Old 13-04-2014, 08:55 PM
rijhumal

hi you chant the mantra

you chant the mantra when ever you see the spirit. om namo bijer ka kotha, jis men pind hamara petha, eeshwer ki koncheen, birma ka tala, mere athun dham ka jati hanumat rakhwala.
Old 14-04-2014, 03:59 AM
Master

Burn some sage in the house, white sage if you can get it, it's good for cleansing an area.
Old 14-04-2014, 12:36 PM
Master

Is it that the spirits make you uncomfortable ( because you are aware of them) or are they doing things that shouldn't?
What I have learnt is that sometimes you have to live with spirits if they are not doing any harm, some are not ready to move on and no amount of sage, candles, incantations etc will move them on if they are not ready.
I lived in a house with multiple spirits, I was uncomfortable at first but none meant any harm.
Any how, stop being afraid and let them know you are not and are in control!
Having crossed over some whilst others chose to remain or move on, intention is more important than candles ( that go out) or white sage ( that burns out) , not that these are unimportant.
Obviously where you live has a deep history or something tragic, therefore there are unresolved issues.
Old 14-04-2014, 03:56 PM
Master

Froebellian,
I was going to say basically what you've posted, and I totally agree with you.

I'd still give the sage a try, Lilyth and if the spirits don't move on at least you'll know why. The ghosts/spirits have done you no harm it seems, so as froebellian says it might be that you just have to learn to live with them.

There's something called an 'imprint' which is something that becomes imprinted on the ether - such as a traumatic/tragic event such as a battle or an awful road accident and what people "see" are not ghosts or spirits but a replay so to speak, something like a movie being played over and over again of that event, and I'm wondering if that may be what's happening in the village.

I wonder if your house was connected in some way to any of the hangings - that may be a reason why the house has spirits wandering around. As froebellian says, there seems to be a lot of unresolved issues.