Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 01-07-2011, 11:52 PM
LightFilledHeart

I think forgiving is very difficult from the human persepctive, especially if we perceive we have been damaged physically or hurt emotionally. On the other hand, I think forgiving CAN be accomplished from the divine perspective! That involves stepping back to a more distant and higher perspective and being able to remember that everything we enter into here is entered into by agreement. The circumstances that give us the most challenging times and the individuals who play a role in advancing them are not our enemies, but rather our loving teachers, agreeing to play the role of "villain" so that we might learn the lesson our soul hopes to achieve from the experience.. perfect the quality we hope to incorporate. Those who play a strong part.. "positive" or "negative" (from our human perspective!) in any given life are without question soul-family who love us greatly and are willing to play their assigned role in order to advance our understanding. When you can see things from that perspective, it's impossible to hate anyone, and very easy to forgive....
Old 05-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Master
I generally agree...though perhaps it's a bit neat. Though is your enemy your soul-group teacher? Your enemy who tortured or killed you, or your family, or your neighbors? Maybe your enemy is just an unwitting teacher. And maybe you were their unwitting teacher, despite the pain you may have suffered. And maybe your suffering & forgiveness were their lessons.

However, I do agree that those who know us in depth and truly care for us are likely members of our soul group, despite pain we may experience in knowing or interacting. I tend to think there is a certain resonance of souls amongst a soul group, i.e. they feel like "family" or as if you know them already on some level(s). Their souls seem familiar. But speaking only from my own experience, I find it very difficult to be intentionally cruel or hurtful to people in general, much less a member of my soul group.

Are certain others less sensitive? Less aware? Do they have a surfeit of rightousness or rigidity? I jest but...LOL...hmmm...I don't have the answers to those questions. It all depends, of course...

I would say if someone truly cares for you...and can look you in the eye and say, I did this out of love and if it's not clear to you, then this is why...then you may not agree, but if they are sincere then you can typically forgive, given time and your intent to do so. I've been on both sides and I've had to both forgive and be forgiven.

If one cannot do that...or will not...or doesn't care to do so...then it's less clear to me if they have done something out of love and concern. Perhaps some things will only get sorted properly in the afterlife. And yet we must deal with our suffering now & forgive and let go in the present moment.

Peace & blessings,
7L
Old 12-07-2011, 03:47 AM
Ascender

I'm getting a lot of practice with forgiving in this lifetime. Its getting easier. And its rewarding. Overall it just feels better rather than to carry on grudges and resentment. Like my spirit is lighter.
Old 24-07-2011, 01:41 AM
Master
bringing this up....

Old 04-08-2011, 01:50 AM
Brian

I think forgiving is a great thing. At the same time, it's important not to allow oneself to be taken for granted again by the same person who might think that every wrong they commit is ok because they will be forgiven.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:03 AM
Distortedsoundz

I think more important than the power of forgiving, is the importance of one getting out of their relationship with damage from their past and neutralizing it. Only then, can we truly forgive.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
I think forgiving is a great thing. At the same time, it's important not to allow oneself to be taken for granted again by the same person who might think that every wrong they commit is ok because they will be forgiven.

Yes... Forgiving does not mean becoming a doormat for abuse, only being willing to let go of the past.

In fact, we might need to forgive ourselves for letting the hurt happen, if indeed we did have a part in that, even unconsciously.

Xan

Old 04-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distortedsoundz
I think more important than the power of forgiving, is the importance of one getting out of their relationship with damage from their past and neutralizing it. Only then, can we truly forgive.

Ds... Sometimes that's true... we have to leave a bad situation first.

Then other times we need to forgive in order to make whatever changes that are called for... in or out of the relationship.

Forgiving means freeing yourself of the negative emotions as an important part of any change.

Xan

Old 07-08-2011, 11:47 PM
mare

Hi Xan, I'm new to the site and have been exploring many of the threads and posts... I know this has been up for some time, but it's so beautiful I just wanted to thank you for sharing it.

Mare
Old 08-08-2011, 01:18 AM
Master
You're welcome, mare... and welcome to SF.

Xan