Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 22-08-2011, 10:35 PM
Pernix

Lightbulb Depression

Hello all I was wondering as I start my journey into understanding I was wondering if anyone has any insight to dealing with depression .. with the help of my doctor I am slowly weening myself of my anti-depressants. I wish to find a way to spiritually deal with my depression rather than placing a chemical band-aid on it. It has been a long journey for me to start to take back the control of my life. There was a long time I was just going through the motions of life and not really living. I'm sure my Chakras are way off kilter and any guidance towards energizing them and getting them to run smoothly again is greatly appreciated. I did find a book by Karla McLaren called "Your Aura & Your Chakras (the Owners Manual)" I have started to read it but was wondering if you all may have some other sugestions.
I wish you all Peace, Love and Joy
William
Old 22-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Medium_Laura

I have some good chakra tones on my podcast if your interested. :)

http://mediumlauraevans.podomatic.co...17_21_27-07_00
Old 22-08-2011, 10:53 PM
SunnyHaze

****!!!

I understand where you are comeing from!!
Before I begun my journer/quest I was faceing depression, was near rock bottom
One day after counciling my aunt seen a store it was called infinity spiritual senter. after we left i took an intrest to it, My aunt told me how she can see spirit, she taught me but my only goal was to see passed loved ones as of why I was grieveing.
many months had passed and i found my purpose of life, it was like i was a new me :p
i learnt alot about myself and religeons just a wide mix.
I went back to infinity for a healing And learnt I was clairvoyant.

So mate go for it meditation helps IMO, and reiki Would help[:
Old 23-08-2011, 02:21 AM
Pernix

Thank you Laura
Old 23-08-2011, 10:50 PM
AdzPower

Try meditation.
Old 23-08-2011, 10:58 PM
Enya

Be willing to learn about yourself, warts and all... so you can peel back the layers and get to the roots of the anquish. Learn to meditate, find a pack of self-development cards which help you open up, learn Reiki so you can give yourself healing, read lots of uplifting, spiritual books, listen to uplifting music, be creative in your life, be willing to love... yourself.

That's pretty much what worked for me.
Old 24-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Pernix

Thanks for all the advice guys
Old 25-08-2011, 12:16 AM
thunderseed

When the throat chakra is blocked or unbalanced properly, it can cause depression and anxiety. Things that balance the throat chakra, are the importance in learning to speak your truths, and live your truths, learning to listen to everything and everyone around you, learning communication skills, expressing your inner hurts, shadows, and feelings, letting those out. Learning a different language, studying different subjects.

I have learned to live with Depression - actually i think it really just disappeared, but i used to have very bad clinical depression, and refused to go on anti depressants because they only made me worse. Most of them are mood stabilizers anyway, and that is the last thing a depressed person needs, they need more energy, more life, not something that causes them to be unfeeling or zombified even more so.

Make sure you have a structured routine, express yourself creatively, get lots of physical activity (it releases natural endorphins which cure depression) and it works really well, so do sports, lots of sports, take up many hobbies and interests, get outside in nature to be balanced and restored, do lots of cleansing with sage, take up gardening, force yourself to not be isolated, spend lots of time with people, friends, family. Make sure you always have a therapist or someone that you can vent to, talk to, someone that will listen, take up journalling, make sure to spend time finding your feelings, sit in front of a fire and ask the fire energies to cleanse you from any stale or negative energies (fire is the most powerful cleanser), go jump in a river or ocean, have the waters cleanse you thoroughly, depression can sometimes be caused by buildups of stagmented energy.
Assignment: write down a list of everything that makes you feel happy and everything that you love. If you cannot think of anything currently, write down a list of everything that you used to love, think back. Objects, people, things, memories, places. Things that make you feel safe, warm, fuzzy, happy, and loved. Then you should take time, to everyday, focus on one of these things on your list, really meditate and focus on it, get a feel for how warm and happy and loved it makes you feel. Pray, on a regular basis, get up in the morning pray for healing, and say a gratitude prayer. Keep doing it. That is what i did, i just prayed every day for release, for a change. Nothing happened, but i still never gave up, and i created my own gratitude prayer. Gratitude helps. It helps shift the mind, and chemical brain imbalances. no matter how miserable i felt, i still said my gratitude prayers, i still forced myself to say thanks for each and every thing i had, that i could see around me, and it worked.
i even went to drum circles, not that it mattered, but every day, i prayed as soon as i woke up, and then again before i went to bed, and then a month or so later, i suddenly changed, it was the first time i ever felt real happiness after having depression for years. A miracle, to me.
Carry crystals. Meditate.
Practice positive affirmations. Get up early, go to bed early, make sure you have a well balanced healthy diet. Conquering depression needs routine.
Spiritually, all you need to do is pray. Ask for your depression to be taken away, ask for strength, for energy, for clearing. Converse to your spirit guides/angels, and higher power, all the time, every day, include them in your life, know you don't need to do it alone, don't give up. Have ceremonies, or meditations, or whatever else you want to do, but it's as simple as just regularly practicing your spirituality, which is as simple as having faith, trust and belief.
I wish you the best, love light and blessings to you :)
Old 25-08-2011, 02:06 PM
mightything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernix
I'm sure my Chakras are way off kilter and any guidance towards energizing them and getting them to run smoothly again is greatly appreciated

astral projection by robert bruce is a good book.
you can ignore most of the book if you wish but he has a tactile visualization based energy working program. that lets you feel what your doing.
i enjoy it.
and it makes you feel good about yourself.

as for depression. ive noticed its good to have some one to talk to. and maybe even yourself. not like in a crazy way.
but because to beat this, you gota start being real with yourself and whats going on in your life. i dont mean to sound preachy. but i know its very hard and the way you feel when your depressed is almost one of the worst ways to feel.
its like urself worth is degrading almost equals=self degrading.
and nothing might be wrong with you or you can change what is. but i swear when you going through it, it just seems like there's no way out.

i wish you luck. and strength