Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 05-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Master
I don't think it is authentic.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Prokopton

I have no idea -- I think it sounds like workable stuff and could well be good. Is it the one and only truth? Nah.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prokopton
So who do you know who likes 21 chakras? :)

http://www.iamuniversity.org/iamu/

I don't necessarily agree with any of it...just something I stumbled upon.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prokopton
Well if you don't want such debates, why raise the question of authenticity? As you did here:
In other words you have the truth, and everyone else has an inauthentic "broken telephone".
And furthermore, you have experience, and everyone else is just guessing from scriptures and has doubtful agendas.
And if we disagree with this we are being "disrespectful".
I second the view of Gem. :)

Prokopton,

Truth is truth but it can be packaged in lots of ways and has been and this is because people want to make money, have power, or have misunderstood part of it etc. This has always been so. It's time for light to enter and demystify all of it!

I do have personal experience of the chakras but I never wrote that I am the only one who has them. I speak from my own authentic experience and interpretation of the model Sri Vasudeva has freely given and I try to offer suggestions as to how anyone who is interested can recognize their own experience of the truth. The mystical experiences human beings have speak for themselves as evidence of the true nature of reality. When a best model to explain them is available, all other models are immediately understood. This is the wisdom of "that which if you know you know everything else." That has been my experience. I seek to harmonize not compromise truth. What Sri Vasudeva teaches are the ABC's of life. Those whose minds and hearts are open will recognize and appreciate that.

Anyone is free to disagree with me but not to write to me in an obnoxious way as per the rules of this forum. We can agree to disagree. Debating truth is a waste of my time. I'm more interested in helping people who want to be helped to experience their own reality.

Finally, as to your last comment, truth is truth - it is not up to a vote.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Prokopton

Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
I don't necessarily agree with any of it...just something I stumbled upon.

Hmm, have not heard of them... tbh not quite my cup of the green stuff personally.

@Uma

Quote:
I speak from my own authentic experience

As do I... it's the fact that the first thing clattering from your keyboard at a tiny disagreement with your Capital T Truth is insinuation of various kinds of falsehood that I find offputting -- still, if you want to continue implying that everyone who disagrees with what you feel is true is power-hungry, money-grubbing, doesn't get it, is closed-minded, etc., then we certainly can agree to disagree! I will leave you to your much-prized rectitude.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Master
Interesting that the topic has of chakras is now a debate, I love it, debates are good.
Spiritlite.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Master
If there is a debate then you are debating with the entire world, since this truth has been recognized since ancient times. See http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=17220
Old 09-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Prokopton

Uh-oh, I thought you might be loading all those images to make a case...
Old 09-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Master
And the human experience becomes SATCHITANANDA - freedom from illusion, mergence in pure consciousness, and bliss
All that keeps the soul connected to the human body at this stage is a desire to help and a love for others still stuck in the chakras below.
Uma

If you think about the statement I hilited, you can see that it sends the message that there is no enjoyment in life itself and that the goal of the devotee is to transcend any love for the beauty of life as it is, for what you define as bliss and pure consciousness.
I have found that bliss can be found within life itself and I haven't clue if my chakras are opened, closed or out for repairs.
The message is disturbing IMO and misleading to those who are seekers.

James
Old 09-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Prokopton

10 things about chakras and kundalini

I also really think someone ought to point out:

1. That although there are many suggestive images, in many cases we don't have enough evidence to be certain that kundalini was meant. (Although in some we do.) -- I'm talking rigorously certain here. Greenwell gives the example of Jiyu Kennett Roshi, an enlightened Zen Meditator, as kundalini, but reading carefully the process is possibly rather different. We still need to know more, that is, if we care about really looking at evidence. Which we ought to.

2. There are numerous other energies running through the human soul system apart from kundalini itself.

3. It is definitely the case that some uses of snake imagery do not refer to kundalini.

4. This being a thread about chakras, it is also the case that not every civilization used a chakra system in order get the kundalini to rise, and the ones that did had different ideas about how to use them.

5. It is not necessarily the case that every culture and every spirituality makes use of kundalini. From our present position this is a hypothesis... we need to do more work on this before we know what we are talking about as a species.

And BTW I speak as a confirmed believer in cross-cultural kundalini phenomena. Further:

6. I do know of Kundalini in India, China, Greece, Egypt, Christian systems, and some local/indigenous spiritual groups around the world, and would consider those cases solid. I don't know much about Tibet but I'd be astonished if someone couldn't show that, seeing as how the tradition is live. Also the European alchemical tradition, that's very solid.

7. We know beyond a shadow of a doubt that kundalini occurs naturally and is not inherently a cultural phenomenon, because it can occur spontaneously in people who know nothing about it, and are not even 'spiritual', as a completely natural upshot of nervous system behaviour.

8. There are some very intriguing and definite cross-cultural discoveries which show the knowledge of energy and many other things is discovered in parallel rather than simply spreading by word of mouth.

9. We are beginning to have some definite understanding of the phenomenon from a scientific point of view, both psychological and biological.

But I will end with:

10. There isn't enough definite knowledge available to state for certain 'one true correct' theory of kundalini, even within a tradition much less across them. We are at the beginning of our understanding here, and in order not to shortchange ourselves and to really know what we are trying to find out, rather than just guessing, we have to admit what we don't know at present, and be patient as we wait for more info. Something suggestive does not by any means equal anything definite. In the meantime, all lineages in the world that work with kundalini and have a definite system that works are valuable and must continue their work.

All that said, if anyone claimed that kundalini was a miraculous process that totally changes a person, undoubtedly connects them with the divine in the most intimate of manners, absolutely is natural to all of us, certainly is cross-cultural, definitely has an effect on the biology as well as the spirit, explains a great deal of what the hell some traditions have been pointing at for thousands of years, and is absolutely a stunning, amazing, miraculous, spiritual adventure -- no argument from me. And that is pretty good going in itself.