Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 13-11-2016, 08:03 PM
Master
Repel spiders??

Hi all

Not sure were to post this question but here goes: What can i use to repel spiders??

I don't like them and the give me the creeps but i don't like killing stuff just because they creep me out. If i can't kill them, i thought then the only way is to repel them. It's summer here and it's hot so they are all over the place and i don't want to share my room with them.

Thank you
Old 13-11-2016, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator
I have heard that they hate Horse Chestnuts. You could lay some cut open ones around any place they might get in. Or you could boil them in a pot for 10 minutes, then strain the liquid and use it in a spray bottle.

Another thing is keep windows and doors closed especially if the weather suddenly turns from dry and fine to rainy. They like to come in out of the rain!

If you are not afraid of all types -only those big brown or black ones who run fast, then you can check this out also:

There is another kind of spider, a very thin spindly peaceful spider who will keep away the big hairy ones! It's a cannibal spider and preys on the big ones.
If you keep a few of those spindly ones about the place the big ones stay away -or they get eaten.

They are known as "Cellar spiders" or Pholcidae:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pholcidae

These usually like to hang out in their webs and rarely go walkies, and won't bother you.
Old 22-11-2016, 05:22 AM
Knower
Next time you see a spider, grab them with your bare hands and gently let them outside.

Keep doing this for every spider you see, no matter how monstrous or spooky they look. Conquer your fear.

Soon, you'll notice that the spiders don't even show up anywhere near your house. They won't bother someone who isn't afraid of them.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:56 PM
Guide
Keeping a fan on in the room will persuade them to stay hidden, but theyll emerge once u turn it off.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:14 PM
Pathfinder
Spiders

I'm with you on them! Cannot stand the icky little buggers.

I use an electronic pest controller called "Riddex". I swear it really
works! Good for mice, roaches, spiders etc. Just plug one into an electrical
outlet and problem solved! I don't know if you guys can access amazon.com
down there but they have them very cheap and that's where I get mine.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:57 PM
Ascender
I have a spider catcher- it doesn't hurt them and it's got a nice long handle!! I grab them in that then put them outside. You can get spider deterrent sprays that are natural ingredients but not sure they work
Old 09-01-2017, 10:18 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
Hi all

Not sure were to post this question but here goes: What can i use to repel spiders??

I don't like them and the give me the creeps but i don't like killing stuff just because they creep me out. If i can't kill them, i thought then the only way is to repel them. It's summer here and it's hot so they are all over the place and i don't want to share my room with them.

Thank you

Try placing orange peel around the room, works for us.
Old 11-01-2017, 04:49 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokazulu
Next time you see a spider, grab them with your bare hands and gently let them outside.

Keep doing this for every spider you see, no matter how monstrous or spooky they look. Conquer your fear.

Soon, you'll notice that the spiders don't even show up anywhere near your house. They won't bother someone who isn't afraid of them.

Rokazulu OMG your much braver than me, I dont think I could do it lol I been trying to get rid of them without killing them also anthony c not an easy task, my son has bad dreams about them and wont sleep in his bed at times, so I know your struggle, Thank you for opening this thread :)
Old 12-01-2017, 12:45 AM
Guide
Peppermint oil! I've read some spiders love it, some hate it, conflicting accounts, so I tried it for myself. Get a spray bottle, fill with water, and put 20-30 drops of peppermint oil and spray around doors and window sills...so far, it's worked to keep them out of this house! I don't mind creepy crawlies so long as they stay outside where they belong :p
Old 13-01-2017, 05:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Kersey-Smith
Try placing orange peel around the room, works for us.

I also heard today that orange essential oil works ~ haven't tried it myself.