Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 23-01-2018, 07:10 PM
Burntfruit

Flexitarian.

I have been dabbling with veg*n diets for about 15 years now.

Last year I tried vegan again but found it too restrictive so I quit and went vegetarian.

But now I am flexitarian, since I may eat meat or fish one meal a week. So about 95% vegetarian.

I am happy with this at the minute and do have a general long-term plan on being vegan again.

I have noticed on my facebook feeds that the vegetarian groups post healthier meals than the vegan groups, which are often junk foods. I suspect this is a reaction to the severe nature of vegan diet.

I do believe in veganism, but I am not ready for it at the minute.
Old 08-02-2018, 02:55 AM
Experiencer

I'm glad that you have at least cut back on your meat consumption Burntfruit.

As for your contention that the vegetarian groups are 'posting healthier meals' than the vegan groups, I would suggest that you've been subscribing to or viewing the wrong vegan groups. I was a member of a WFPB group (whole food plant based group=super vegan(don't use oil in their cooking) ) and never a day went by that I wasn't hearing from some member that they had recovered from heart disease or asthmatic attacks or rheumatoid arthritis or diabetes or fatty liver disease and all since they'd switched to a plants only diet. One lady who recovered from fatty liver disease and lost 100 pounds reported that her husband, who'd been diagnosed with MS just before they switched their diet to plants only, was free of all symptoms and indicators of MS three years after making the switch.

There are definitely some people who go 'vegan for the animals' and bizarrely see no importance of eating healthy even though they are 'inadvertent' poster kids for this kind of eating. But suggesting that 'the vegan groups' mostly eat junk food is a distortion of the facts I think. That would be like me making a rude blanket statement about 'most of the people living in London' (which I'd never do by the way).

I've been a vegan for ten years, made the change from vegetarian to vegan over a weekend and will never go back. I spent almost ten years learning about the abuses and the environmental aspects and the health aspects with the outcome being that this is now my forever way of life.

Last year, because of my age (62), the doctor ordered a complete blood panel and everything was perfect. Perfect protein levels, inflammation levels, liver and kidney function....my doctor was envious of my numbers!

There's a bit of a learning curve, but to be honest, it gets easier every day. Ben & Jerry's (to name only one company) now has non-dairy ice cream that is sooo good, you would NEVER know that cows weren't involved in it at all. And So Good makes a coconut based ice cream (Salted Caramel) that is incredible! And if you like cooking, there's an endless list of great websites to get recipes from. The one I always like to recommend is called Oh She Glows.

I sure hope that you not only 'dip your toe' in veganism again, but just dive right in. And that you do it right and focus on good food that will give you a better chance of attaining health than any other diet.
Old 24-06-2018, 11:36 AM
Burntfruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
I'm glad that you have at least cut back on your meat consumption Burntfruit.

As for your contention that the vegetarian groups are 'posting healthier meals' than the vegan groups, I would suggest that you've been subscribing to or viewing the wrong vegan groups. I was a member of a WFPB group (whole food plant based group=super vegan(don't use oil in their cooking) ) and never a day went by that I wasn't hearing from some member that they had recovered from heart disease or asthmatic attacks or rheumatoid arthritis or diabetes or fatty liver disease and all since they'd switched to a plants only diet. One lady who recovered from fatty liver disease and lost 100 pounds reported that her husband, who'd been diagnosed with MS just before they switched their diet to plants only, was free of all symptoms and indicators of MS three years after making the switch.

There are definitely some people who go 'vegan for the animals' and bizarrely see no importance of eating healthy even though they are 'inadvertent' poster kids for this kind of eating. But suggesting that 'the vegan groups' mostly eat junk food is a distortion of the facts I think. That would be like me making a rude blanket statement about 'most of the people living in London' (which I'd never do by the way).

I've been a vegan for ten years, made the change from vegetarian to vegan over a weekend and will never go back. I spent almost ten years learning about the abuses and the environmental aspects and the health aspects with the outcome being that this is now my forever way of life.

Last year, because of my age (62), the doctor ordered a complete blood panel and everything was perfect. Perfect protein levels, inflammation levels, liver and kidney function....my doctor was envious of my numbers!

There's a bit of a learning curve, but to be honest, it gets easier every day. Ben & Jerry's (to name only one company) now has non-dairy ice cream that is sooo good, you would NEVER know that cows weren't involved in it at all. And So Good makes a coconut based ice cream (Salted Caramel) that is incredible! And if you like cooking, there's an endless list of great websites to get recipes from. The one I always like to recommend is called Oh She Glows.

I sure hope that you not only 'dip your toe' in veganism again, but just dive right in. And that you do it right and focus on good food that will give you a better chance of attaining health than any other diet.
I noticed I was eating more meat, so I just want to take back control.

I am going to try and eat more whole foods. I am working on a meal plans.

I want to eat curries, stews etc with rice.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:54 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntfruit
I noticed I was eating more meat, so I just want to take back control.

I am going to try and eat more whole foods. I am working on a meal plans.

I want to eat curries, stews etc with rice.

I don't know if you love to cook or not, but that website that I always refer to and suggested to you is run by an amazing chef. Angela's recipes are spectacular in that they are delicious and simple to put together and healthy. I noticed that on her linked page, right now she's got some delicious bean recipes (and don't forget to check out her desserts!) Maybe you can find some recipes that appeal to you here: http://ohsheglows.com
Old 22-07-2018, 11:13 AM
Burntfruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
I don't know if you love to cook or not, but that website that I always refer to and suggested to you is run by an amazing chef. Angela's recipes are spectacular in that they are delicious and simple to put together and healthy. I noticed that on her linked page, right now she's got some delicious bean recipes (and don't forget to check out her desserts!) Maybe you can find some recipes that appeal to you here: http://ohsheglows.com
Thanks Debrah.

I did make a chickpea and lentil curry, and a potato curry. I am getting the hang of it.

I am really loving vegan this time. Last year I got a lot of gas, bloating etc, but this time I am taking a garlic supplement and my digestion is great.

I really want to stick it at and look back in ten years time as a committed vegan.

I have some really good vegan eateries around where I live which helps. Also my supermarket has loads of good options.

I am starting a new job soon, so planning my packed lunch. I quite fancy bringing in salads, or a bol veg pot and heating it up.
Old 22-07-2018, 11:44 AM
Master
Bunny

I have no choice, If I was to put meat or fish or eggs into my mouth to eat it would make me wont to vomit.
in places where others do not.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:49 AM
Master
From a spiritual standpoint, it is part of my soul’s path to eat vegan, more specifically, a raw organic diet.

But, unfortunately, even tho I stuck to mostly fresh, organic, raw food, I felt weak. I had trouble getting up in the mornings, and overall felt very lethargic.

I asked my guides about it, and they said my body was built for a whiole food omnivore diet. It can run on a vegan one, but not at optimum health. Naturally this makes converting really hard because who the hell wants to run at 50% power all the time?

I’m not sure of the karma behind this situation, maybe she wants to suffer for all the animals she’s devoured over the course of her incarnations? Or she just wants to suffer physically? No clue, but it’s frustrating.

I felt like a mage class in an rpg, excellent spiritual, emotional, mental capacity, but physically weak and well...frail lol.
Old 11-02-2018, 05:23 PM
Experiencer

Kristi, I don't quite know how to say this, but considering that our bodies physiology is designed for plants, the notion that anyone says you are built for a diet that includes animals.....sorry, that's not how your body is designed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4NsMiOMmCY

Did you know, that raw in some foods is good, but others not so good. For example, raw tomatoes are extremely high in lectins which can lead to leaky gut syndrome. Leaky gut syndrome means that bacteria from your lower bowel can 'leak' into your blood stream (not good!). Peppers and potatoes are part of the nightshade family and as such, they also are high in lectins and it's been suggested (in my reading) that those products must be cooked to diminish the levels of lectins in them.

Carrots may not be high in lectins, but we don't digest them well because they are tough and so much of the value isn't available to us. So while some raw is good, other's is either ineffective or even harmful.

I would suggest that there's something else going on as well as the potential lectin issue, but eating dead animals is not good for your health. It's a fact that the consumption of one meal of meat sets up a level of inflammation in the body that is only detrimental. https://nutritionfacts.org/2012/09/2...-inflammation/

Or maybe you just aren't eating enough calories.

Combine that with the fact that every meal of animal is the consumption of their fear and terror. Their bodies are flooded with fear hormones in the days leading up to their death and it would peak as they enter that slaughterhouse and walk to their torture and death. That is what an omnivorous diet is bringing into your body.

As a point of interest, there is a small study that shows that the mood of study participants was actually improved when their consumption of meat was restricted. Ask yourself why that is? Could it be the reduction in all those fear hormones? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22333737
Old 20-02-2018, 12:04 PM
Experiencer
I find strict vegan better for my health. I have been counting my daily intake of proteins and fibers. That led me to a change in my diet. More beans and lentils because they have a lot of fibers. And in particular beans and lentils that are high both in fibers and proteins. You really need to read the labels for that.

I wanted to lose weight. In order to achieve that I had to have more fibers. Fibers keep your guts at ease. You still feel the fat cells yearning for more, but if your guts are at ease that is much easier to resist.

I found out I need at least 40 grams of fibers a day. And about 85-90 grams of proteins a day according to my weight.
Since I managed to get enough fibers my guts have relaxed and I have been able to drop about 8 or 10 kg. No hunger feeling, no cravings or stuff like that. Awesome.
I am very happy with that. I want to lose more because I suppose I will have much less trouble from the warmth in summer when I have so much less fat under my skin.

Strange enough it also helped to close the kitchen door at night. Since I do that I no longer hear the fridge and freezer turn on and off at night. That cured me from my night cravings.

But when summer comes up I will probably get some fast food pizza's with cheese. But that is just incidentally. Just a few times a year.
Old 25-02-2018, 08:28 PM
Experiencer

being vegan requires a lot of internal power and will. so you should be 100% ready for it. Take your time in order not to harm your health