Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 16-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Knower

Ticklish sensation along my spine

While i was meditating yesterday (laying down face up) i felt a tingling about an inch or two to the right of my spine that keeps going from my head down to the base of my spine, it lasted for maybe 2-3 minutes. Is there any special meaning in this?
Old 16-08-2011, 02:02 PM
abikisses

Possible beginnings of all sorts, healing, kundalini, astral projection... is there anything in particular going on in your life right now?

Blessings
Abi _/\_
Old 16-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Knower

thank you abikisses. By " is there anything in particular going on in your life right now?" do you mean like my personal goals, anything emotional, or physical aspects?
Old 16-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Serenity Bear

You can get some very strange sensations while meditating:

Cotton wool itchiness over the face
Spinning
Being pushed forward, backward sideways
Feelings of being touched

It sounds like the energy is getting balanced between your chakras, and as said above probably going to lead to something.
Old 16-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Master
I think you should document these sorts of physical symptoms in a journal at the chance more of them could manifest.

There are physiological causes that could be responsible and at the chance it isn't spiritual your MD will ask for a Journal of the symptoms. As you were lying down it could be a nerve or something going on with the spine itself. That it traveled along your spine could indicate something related to the nervous system; were it a medical thing.

A lot of people when they first develop these sorts of symptoms think it is a spiritual thing. There was once a young man who went many years not being diagnosed with MS because when he confided in a friend that looking at the ground made his whole body feel tingly his friend responded that it was a spiritual blessing.

MS is a worse case scenario. But I strongly suggest you write these things down. When it started, what you were doing, how long it progressed and if it traveled any where. Also if you are experiencing hot or cold sensations, burning, tingling, numbness, muscle weakness... anything out of the ordinary.

It could just be a manifestation of meditation. But just to be safe keep track. Best of Luck.
Old 16-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Knower

Thanks for the comments. As for 002 Cents, I don't believe it is anything bad because this is the first time I've felt this tingling sensation and it ended as soon as I stopped meditating.
Old 16-08-2011, 07:26 PM
Master
You don't have to heed my advice but it is good advice. I am not asking you to panic just write it down. It may come back again when you are not meditating. The medical things I suggested don't typically onset till later in life. Your age would be early, not late, to start developing signs.
Old 16-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Master

You are probably feeling one of the energy paths in your body. It might be a meridian. I'd check a Chinese meridian chart. Also do a net search on ida and pingala and see what you think.

I felt a "ball" of energy bounce up and down beside my spine as you describe except on the left side. It happened a few times while I was trying to sleep at night a few months before kundalini.
Old 17-08-2011, 12:53 AM
Master
weimin... In our spiritual awakening our subtle energies get activated in various ways at different times, and this is what your sensations sound like.

If it's uncomfortable or confusing a good way to be with it is to breathe in your lower belly, accepting and allowing whatever you feel.

Just keep breathing...

Xan

Old 17-08-2011, 02:15 AM
Knower

The sensation was very ticklish. I tried to keep breathing rhythmically but the I got overcame by the ticklish feeling and after I couldn't hold it anymore and smiled, the sensation went away within 10 seconds.