Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 22-03-2012, 10:17 PM
BeautifulLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quest
I will be forever grateful to him that he woke me up, shook me to my core, gave me pain I've never experienced in my life but also allowed us to experience pure divine love which is such bliss! I wouldn't wanna miss it ever in my life, in fact I know that the day I'll die I'll think of those precious moments with him and say it was all worth living my life just for those few moments. And it had a huge impact on how I relate to others as well, and I see the change in how others react to me too. It feels darn good, that's for sure. Living from the heart space is challenging at times but it is so worth it!

TF or not, based on your story it was pretty clear you needed to move on and since you acted on that I know you'll never doubt that decission for a second and if you do it will be met with a laugh and dismissed an instant later. People that are on the fence and finally make a decission after both searching the brain and the soul are NEVER wrong. Thats the entire reason they are on the fense to begin with. To wait for alignment so they can move forward with complete resolve.

I'm rooting for you and your horses!
Old 22-03-2012, 11:21 PM
SerpentQueen

I was dx'ed bipolar around the time I met TF (shortly before, not after). My dx was cleared 5 years later. I have never had another such episode, before or since. The shrink said he would now classify what I went through as an "identity" crisis. Which I find hilarious-- because all these years later, he was exactly right. That's what a spiritual awakening is, is it not?

Sometimes I worry about myself, but I am in and out of shrinks' offices all the time. Not for me, for others in my life (that's all I'm saying). None of these shrinks have ever suggested anything is wrong with me.

Those in my life who are closest to me, who know my whole mental history background, are the people I ask, when I'm not sure: "am I still sane?" And every single one of them assures me I am. DH will tease me sometimes and threaten to drop me off at the ER when I start talking about my syncs... but ultimately he'll say, "I am just teasing. I know without a doubt spending 5 minutes with you the doc would declare you 'normal.'"

I know what TRUE mental illness looks like. As I've insinuated, I have people close to me in my life who have some of those disorders you have listed. Let me tell you this: if you are schizophrenic, you don't know you are crazy at all. You would not even be asking this question. You'd be that out of touch with reality.

Consider that if you are delusional, it's a shared delusion. Your twin is reaching out to you all the time, because he is experiencing this too. Not just you. That should give you a measure of reassurance. If it still worries you, go talk to a shrink and get evaluated.
Old 22-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Experiencer

Upon reconnecting with my tf, I did think that maybe I was going through some sort of mental breakdown. I didn't have any knowledge or understanding of what a true 'breakdown' is but it felt like I was losing my grip on reality.

A lot of it probably had to do with a lack of sleep, couldn't eat etc..this went on for months but I pulled through it. He was also going through the same thing.

Breakdown or spiritual awakening? Who knows. I pulled through without the help of anything medicinal. But I can see how some would feel out of control during this time and worry about his/her mental health.
Old 22-03-2012, 11:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
Let me tell you this: if you are schizophrenic, you don't know you are crazy at all. You would not even be asking this question. You'd be that out of touch with reality.

With respect, your statement above is not accurate SQ ... just here, in the community alone, there are members who have disclosed openly that they experience/have been diagnosed with schizophrenia, and are well aware of their condition, and the need to remain medicated. My work also brings me in contact with people with the same diagnosis, and many of them experience a similar level of self awareness, either side of 'episodes' ... in my work experience, people with a dual diagnosis i.e. mental health disorder/learning disability, are not often as aware of their condition ...

As a footnote ... I am not sure it is helpful to label such people as 'crazy' either ...
Old 22-03-2012, 11:46 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
With respect, your statement above is not accurate SQ ... just here, in the community alone, there are members who have disclosed openly that they experience/have been diagnosed with schizophrenia, and are well aware of their condition, and the need to remain medicated.

To clarify, if you are *unmedicated* ... if you are medicated that's a different story.

Quote:
My work also brings me in contact with people with the same diagnosis, and many of them experience a similar level of self awareness, either side of 'episodes' ... in my work experience, people with a dual diagnosis i.e. mental health disorder/learning disability, are not often as aware of their condition ...

As a footnote ... I am not sure it is helpful to label such people as 'crazy' either ...

I agree with your footnote. It's insane to be sane in an insane world. Those with mental illnesses are but a reflection of the crazy society we live in. They are what they call in family therapy the "target" patient ... they are exhibiting the symptoms of a sick society.

I could go on... but I also don't want to discourage anyone who thinks they may need help from seeking it.
Old 22-03-2012, 11:51 PM
Master

Well, TECHNICALLY we do have mental disorders with these spiritual experiences because of the factors of kundalini and the dark knight of the soul. DSM (whatever number we are on right now), which is the book of mental problems the APA uses has a category for spiritual emergency and kundalini syndrome.

These are psychoses associate with spiritual experiences. If we are having true twin flame experiences, then we will eventually experience one of the 2 categories and thus be having mental disorders.

Western medicine usually does not label/diagnose these things correctly. And the treatment for them does not usually involve medication.

There are books out there about these things if anyone wants to look them up.
Old 23-03-2012, 12:24 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound

I just met you, and I already love you!

Old 23-03-2012, 12:53 AM
MorningMist

I'd rather be labelled 'mentally disturbed" than never know what it is to experience this love.

Hugs
MorningMist
Old 23-03-2012, 07:38 AM
Nada

About labeling,
We are already labeling "this bizzare connection/thought/idea as "Twin Flames".
But what if TF is just a different spectrum of an unidentified mental disorder and it has nothing to do with spiritual connection of any kind?
Or is this our minds' work?? - Law of attraction and etc.
May be you are thinking about him/her because he/she is thinking about you?
Are you 100% sure that your connection really is NOT in your head??
Old 23-03-2012, 12:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
To clarify, if you are *unmedicated* ... if you are medicated that's a different story.

Thanks for clarifying ...