Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Closed Thread

Old 29-04-2007, 05:45 AM
Master
Question When you die...

do you know what you want done with your body or do you have any preference at all?

The subject of organ donation made me wonder what the rest of you wanted done when you're finished with the human body you occupy at the moment.

thanks,
MG

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Old 29-04-2007, 05:59 AM
Pounamu

Hi MG,

When my wife was alive, she wanted her body to be buried, because she was afraid that cremation might happen while she was in fact still alive - and she wanted me to be buried too. Generally I favour disposal by the Fire Element... whether this will change before I withdraw from physical life, I do not know. I must admit that something within me is averse to the idea of parts of my body being taken as "spare parts" for someone else. It seems wasteful and selfish... but that feeling is definitely there. I'm not yet sure what its basis is!

Pounamu
Old 29-04-2007, 10:59 AM
Richie

I do prefer burial as I feel it is a nicer way to send off a loved one, Plus you always know where they are and have a place to go an remember them.

My mother is against burial and wants to be cremated. I have read up on cremation and feel there is nothing nice about it. The way its done seems a way of disposal rather than putting a person at rest.

Richie
Old 29-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Master

I signed up for organ donation, any and all, many years ago. But then I had to relocate to a new city about 600 miles away. If I die in this new place, nobdy will probably know about that form I signed in my old city of residence. As for disposal of left over and unneeded parts, I don't care what is done with them. It will be good if we can find use for all remains.

Last edited by kris : 29-04-2007 at 11:22 PM.
Old 29-04-2007, 02:57 PM
Deactivated Account
I agree with Kris. I'd like to donate but I think my family and friends will have a hard time with that. It's always harder for the people left behind. I'm not really bothered what happens to my body. I'm not going to need it after I'm dead and there are people and their relatives in desperate need for organs, so it makes sense for me to be a donor. I appreciate it's not for everyone though.
Old 29-04-2007, 02:59 PM
Master
I find it interesting to see how everyone feels about it.

I love cemetaries...the older the better.... so I'm glad that there are people who are burried, but I don't want to be one of them. I prefer cremation. It seems to me like we're taking up precious space when we're burried within these caskets that don't really allow us to 'return' to the earth. By being cremated I feel like this body will be 'part' of the earth again much sooner than if I'm burried. I guess I'd be okay with being burried if the caskets weren't was so well made that everything remains in tact for so long.

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Old 29-04-2007, 09:05 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

My mortal remains are of little consequence.. but, i wish the remains could be put into the earth without preservatives or containers.. i wish they could become fertilizer for the continuing life.. if not, then toast me, spread my ashes into the sea... if, by some chance there are usable parts that can help others, by all means, use them...

Be well..
Old 29-04-2007, 09:24 PM
Deactivated Account
burial definately, i'm also terrified of the thought of waking in a burning coffin
Old 29-04-2007, 09:58 PM
Jols

I'm pretty open to both...I will see what happens more when the time comes. I've had an auntie and my grandfather choose cremation. My aunt originally lived in California, but wanted some of her ashes brought to be buried in my grandmother's flower bed. We also did the same for my grandpa. My mum would prefer herself to be creamated at this point in time. Myself? I really like being buried better, but as my mum says...it is cheaper to be creamated. Personally I'd rather not be a very large expense, I'd rather them remember me as the individual I was, not how expensive it was to 'dispose' of my physical self.
Old 30-04-2007, 02:35 AM
tiltjlp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
I signed up for organ donation, any and all, many years ago. But then I had to relocate to a new city about 600 miles away. If I die in this new place, nobdy will probably know about that form I signed in my old city of residence. As for disposal of left over and unneeded parts, I don't care what is done with them. It will be good if we can find use for all remains.

I would imagine that wherever you are, there is a school of medicine which would assit you in signing new forms. One of the first things I've done when I moved down south was to contact the regional school for the proper forms. And when I returned to my home town, one phone call was all I needed to get registered again. I happen to be a whole body donor, which eliminates all financial burden from my family or friends.

John
Closed Thread