Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-02-2011, 03:33 AM
dayshayde

Where is the afterlife and what's it like?

I was wondering if anyone would like to share beliefs on what the afterlife is like and maybe where it is.
Old 28-02-2011, 05:07 AM
dennisoc

Whatever you'd like it to be.
Where? About three feet up and just in front of you.

love
den
Old 28-02-2011, 05:15 AM
Master
Full of peace, your body is restored to health, you create what you want, you can choose a "career" that doesn't feel like job.
Lovely
Spiritlite.
Old 28-02-2011, 05:24 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayshayde
I was wondering if anyone would like to share beliefs on what the afterlife is like and maybe where it is.

It might depend on what you expect. From my own experience, it appears as green fields, streams with children playing in the water, families and couples having picnics along the bank. It is also Grecian temples and huge ampitheatres filled with people listening to music or a lecture. The colors are more brilliant than you can imagine. The flowers and grass seem to be alive. I have no recall if there are nights or not, but I imagine that my heaven (Summerland) would have to have nights, the moon shining above and a clear sky full of stars.
Old 28-02-2011, 05:44 AM
Master
There is no after life, there is just life, bodies appear and disappear but life is always there, it goes nowhere.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:35 AM
William Schuck

Psychoslice, several times in my life I experienced what I believe to be near death experience. The experience was wonderful and as a young person I enjoyed it. As a mature adult I really don't buy into the NDE dramas because I believe our minds have created them. How this is accomplished I haven't a clue. Regarding actual death where the individual does not return we don't have any definitive information to support it. Maybe an NDE experience is a canned rehearsal for the actual experience and in it are elements that point to the truth about the forthcoming experience. If our greater self influences the unfolding of our death experience I would like to tell him/her/it that I would really like to see the infinite universe as it appears to those that created it. Yes, I believe that more that one created the infinite universe, yet only one provided the raw material that is used in its building.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:12 AM
AngelBreeze

The Afterlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayshayde

Very warm greetings, dayshayde!

As a Christian, I believe the Afterlife is in Heaven where God is. There are certain levels of the Afterlife where people go after they are judged by God depending on their circumstances, however.

Heaven is a stunningly beautiful place such as what no one can truly imagine it to be. There is no day or night there but a constant very agreeable Light that comes from the radiance of God. The cities are made of gold and there are precious stones all around as well as God's angels. There is eternal bliss in Heaven for those who are forgiven of their sins and who are Born Again and whose names are written in the Book of Life and who attain that top Heavenly level! The incomparable loving radiance of God is truly all around the highest levels of the Afterlife and in my honest opinion that should be the goal of every person to want to go there and be with God in His magnificent kingdom!

To explain in more detail what the Afterlife is like, here is a rather lengthy explanation taken from the Holy Bible in the King James Version.

"And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of Heaven from God, Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.

"And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof. And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal. And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel. And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.

"And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald; The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, crysolyte; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a crysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.

"And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass. And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. And the nations of them which are Saved shall walk in the Light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

"And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life." -- REVELATION 21:10-27 (KJV)

Thank you for your delightful question! I am glad to share my beliefs about the Afterlife and what the Holy Bible says it looks like in the highest dimension of that realm.

I Am Sending You Many Hugs With Much Love and Pure Light,
(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)
Old 01-03-2011, 05:33 AM
Zeliar791

If that is heaven, then I would rather stay here on earth. Sounds boring...
Old 01-03-2011, 06:04 AM
Pathfinder
A good book you can read is called Journey of Souls; case studies of the life between lives. It's a fascinating read.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:15 AM
Ascender

Everything in Creation is whole, there are no divisions or separations. Therefore, life as we know it in the physical sense is an extension of the afterlife. Once our journey in this realm is complete we go back from whence we came to continue it. There's so much to learn and so much to do and just so much more in the afterlife that words could not describe.