Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 11:59 PM
rose

learning to meditate on the heart chakra

hello :)

there has been much talk of the heart chakra here lately. i think some practical guidence would be helpful and seeing as i find it hard to express myself when it comes to sharing lessons, i found a great site that teaches well instead.

http://www.imeditate.com/lessons/lesson1.html

i learnt meditation about 10 years ago and the first thing i was taught was to focus on the heart chakra. it helped me in my healing immensely and opened me to a more positive and caring way of living. i slacked off through my 20's but this site is powerful and inspiring and has reminded me of many things i had almost forgotten as i got wrapped up in living and others' problems.

there are other ways to learn to meditate on the heart chakra. sri chinmoy meditation is useful and usually has free classes around the world. google heart meditation and see what you find and use techniques that feel comfortable for you.

i'm off to recreate a quiet, pretty place in my house and start practising again. i hope that link is useful to you :)

*giant hug to you all*
Old 07-10-2006, 03:13 PM
e-ma

Rose, that meditation was amazing to read, and I learned loads of new stuff from it

I'm going to meditate now too..
Old 07-10-2006, 07:41 PM
~Jay~

Try to avoid eating for several hours
Before you meditate.
If you eat too much before a
Meditation session, you will find it
Difficult to meditate.
Instead of meditating on peace, light and bliss,
You will meditate on pasta.

Oh the times I've been guilty of this! Wonder if I'm subconciously trying to look like the buddha with his pot-belly....?
Old 08-10-2006, 11:13 AM
Dariel

Namaste!

To activate and develop heart chakra and crown chakra I use Meditation on Twin Hearts 3-5 times a week. The step-by-step guide in this link:
http://meditationontwinhearts.org/steps.htm
It has dramatic effects on raising the vibration when practised regularly.

One think what many forgets or are not aware of, is the little exercise before and after powerful meditations. Before mediation it helps to get energies moving and cleanses etheric body and after meditation it ensures the excessive energy does not get stucked anywhere but flowing. With powerful meditations it is also important to be well connected to mother earth as well and do lightroots to the ground in the end of the meditation.

Lots of light
Dariel
Old 08-10-2006, 12:04 PM
mikron

thanks Dariel for sharing the link ! Namaste
mikron
Old 08-10-2006, 08:11 PM
rose

thanks dariel that's very helpful :)
Old 08-10-2006, 09:49 PM
Lapis

The 7 Sacred Directions Visualization

Very good stuff everyone. Rose your link was great with lots of great tips about many other things as well. With our water sign ASC's, we need to be in the water more than most. Every time after I take a shower it's like all the white noise or constant static is gone and it's clean clear silence! Until it builds up again that is. Washing our cars does the same thing in that the water removes all the positive (not nice) ions that attach to the metal and make us feel bad.

Some of you good souls who know me a bit better than others, know that I can so easily become a space cadet for different reasons. You know who you are.......

Here's a visualization I do often to help keep me grounded and at the same time expanded. It's not a "meditation" but a great visualization that you'll learn to recreate faster each time you do it.

Stand facing east with your eyes closed. Visualize as clearly as you can a line of light energy that starts in you Heart Chakra and runs down your physical body, out the bottoms of your feet and all the way down into the center core of the inner Earth. Connect to it from your Heart.

Next return to your Heart Chakra area and send another line of light energy from it all the way up your physical body and up out the top of your head, far out into space all the way to the center of the black hole of the Milky Way galaxy. Connect to it from your Heart.

Now you've got the vertical line connected between the center core of Earth and the center of the Milky Way galaxy right from your Heart Center.

Now you're going to connect to the horizontal 4 directions, north/south and east/west also.

Facing east, visualize another light energy line coming out from your Heart area far out to the east and at the same time visualize this line running through you and out the back of your Heart far out to the west for as far as you can imagine.

Do the same but visualize another light energy line coming out from your Heart area far out to your right and left sides, or both to the north and south.

Once you've got all the 7 points visualized, feel and know that you're deeply connected and anchored to heaven and earth and all 4 directions all from your 7th point, your Heart.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:28 PM
rose

that's lovely lapis! i really like it. thankyou for that great visualisation:) *hug*

you're right about the water. i feel clear again after showering or after being rained on...or swimming in the sea...
Old 09-10-2006, 06:29 AM
rose

thanks e-ma and jaycee
Closed Thread