Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Closed Thread

Old 27-09-2006, 07:38 PM
~Jay~

Meditations for phases of the moon

The New Moon:
When the moon is new, it is time to write a manifest list. Once your list is complete, say it out loud, light a candle and place your manifest list under an eight-sided mirror in a special area in your home.

The Crescent Moon:
When the moon is in a crescent, manifesting power is increasing. It is now time to set your intentions to add energy to your manifest list. Setting an intention is like an archer aiming the bow directly towards the target. Remember to say your intentions out loud. Direct your intentions toward the target. The target is the realization of your new moon manifest list.

The First Quarter:
When the moon is in the first quarter, it is in the building mode. The first quarter moon asks you to make an action plan to enhance your manifesting power. Taking action toward your goals adds energy to the actualization of your manifestation list.

The Gibbous Moon:
The Gibbous Moon is three days before the Full Moon. It is now time to increase your ability to receive what you have intended by visualizing fulfillment. Review your list, close your eyes, go into meditation, and visualize fulfillment.

The Full Moon:
Acknowledge what you did manifest from your list. Bury your list in the earth as a symbol of what is growing for you now. You are now ready to start the releasing process. Write your release list, say it out loud, light a candle and place it under a circle mirror in a special area in your home.

The Disseminating Moon:
It is now time to release past influences that have come forward from your memory banks to be reviewed and released. Sit quietly and meditate, contact an angel of records to be with you while meditating, and ask for the angel to guide you to a place in time (this life, or perhaps another) where the memory release needs to occur. Do whatever it takes to re-experience the memory, let go with awareness, and allow yourself and your cells to be updated. When the memory is updated, the disseminating power of the moon casts new seeds to be planted at a later date.

The Last Quarter:
When the moon is in the last quarter, it is a time designated for releasing habitual patterns. By now you have become aware that there is one negative thing on your list that may need special attention. Perhaps an unwanted behavior, a block, a limitation, a repeating circumstance, a bad habit, or a negative situation has surfaced. The last quarter moon gives you the opportunity and the energetic support to go deeper with your releasing to break a habit or repeating pattern.

The Balsamic Moon:
The Balsamic Moon is 72 hours before the New Moon; this is a time to enter the void, to transmute, to empty out in order to create space and prepare for the new cycle.If you have written a list, now is the time to burn it. Blow out your candle. This symbolizes your releasing process going into emptiness. Gently move into the void, be still, be silent, get rest, and take care of yourself in deep, nurturing ways.
Old 28-09-2006, 01:52 PM
AL

Full moon med.

Thanks for this, I would like to get a full moon meditation and maybe arts performance thing going on the full moon, without too much/ any ritual involved. Do you have any thoughts on this?
You did not go into the full moon in much detail in your post. Or is it not as important as we think? It can do funny things to MY napper at times.
I find the new moon to be intense, as is.
The moon cycles is something I am beginning to take more seriously now.
I have just read "moon times". I was going to copy the bits I want but now realise that I will have to buy it and have it as a resource.
Cheers Al
Old 28-09-2006, 07:03 PM
~Jay~

Hi Al,

I've only just started to look into the power of the moon myself recently, so don't know an awful lot more about it other than what I posted above. I have just read the following whilst doing a quick google search:

Full Moon Meditations – Emotional energy is very high during the three days of the full moon. Having a guided imagery meditation at this time is like riding a surfboard on the extra energies abundant during the full moon.

So I would say that the full moon is definately very important! The 'extra emotional energy' it generates suggests a reason why we're all meant to go a little mad during that period, acting a little out of character due to our emotions running high, lol.

As an aside, I've read many people's thoughts on what the moon actually is - some of them are very thought provoking. One fairly outlandish view is that it is a man-made object, put in space by some ancient earth ancestors in order to control us. ALthough I'm not nearly convinced by that, it does make me wonder the exact nature of it, when it obviously controls our behaviour, womens' menstrual cycles, the tides, etc..etc.

I also read that during the times of Atlantis, there were supposed to be two moons - a masculine & a feminine moon. It was the feminine moon which was destroyed somehow, thereby leaving the nature of mother earth's energies polarised towards the masculine.

Oooh, it's a great topic is this!
Old 29-09-2006, 11:57 AM
AL

let it out

At full moon we are at our most full in terms of creativity and sexually. We open up.
It may be worth considering at that time finding or creating ways to express that which we have absorbed/ gathered during new moon to full moon.
If I had sex once per month, this would surely be the time.
Depression and suicide no doubt increases. Is this "stuff" trying to get out that we are not dealing with? Repressed things which we could perhaps express through the likes of the arts or indeed spirituality, both. If we don't express, release at this time, we must surely become even more bunged up and intense etc.
I presume we let go of, expel between full and new moon, to prepare for the gathering/ absorbing at the waxing time which we will express at full moon again. I don't know if that fits with what you have above. We will get more into this moon thing now by all accounts.
We will move back to following the moon calender as we leave the old age of masculine energy and all that goes with it.
Is this where the term LUNy comes from do you think? (Lune, moon in French)
Al
Old 29-09-2006, 08:26 PM
~Jay~

"We will move back to following the moon calender as we leave the old age of masculine energy and all that goes with it."

I fully agree! It's the natural way of things, and I sense that is definately where we are headed before too much longer.

Is this where the term LUNy comes from do you think? (Lune, moon in French)

Yup, for sure. Luna-tic, aka loony/luny....it's also LA Lune (feminine) too, isn't it?
Closed Thread