Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 14-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Sira

I have it the other way around, I sleep odd hours and long - much more than normally. Yesterday evening I meditated and then slept, to wake up at some point, stay up a few hours and then slept again, until 1.30 pm. Now it's 5:48pm here and I feel sleepy again. It feels like I am not following nature's rhythm at all but something else...
In this area you get milk that has been milked at night so it contains melatonin in its natural composition, it's called Night Milk. I have not tried it but people say it works...
Old 16-01-2011, 01:05 AM
Master
TheDevine - I think there are so many stimuli coming at us in any given day that it is almost impossible to shut our brains down at night and relax our bodies out of tension to a state that even allows us to sleep. I have been an insomniac for 18 years and finally after serious sleep deprivation I HAD to give in to a sleep aid. I cannot sleep without them. Even so. I wake up in the middle of the night. Yah - I'm the only one in the house up at 3:30 AM reading my book and staring at the ceiling. But at least I get 4-5 hours sleep. I'm not pushing meds, but it saved me from getting no sleep at all.

Blackraven
Old 16-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDivine
I have been sleeping like such utter garbage lately, and nothing I do is helping... not even acupuncture, which usually puts me out like a light. No matter how early I go to sleep, or no matter how tired I am, it takes me forever to fall asleep, and then I wake up really early!

I am familiar with the eastern medicine diagnoses surrounding this problem, but none of those fit me. I've been speaking with other people in my life and many others are talking about freakishly poor sleep also. I wanted to expand my inquiry and ask people here.

Every night I seriously have only been getting 3-4 hours sleep max., and the next night I feel exhausted but the same thing happens. I am barely functioning.

Is it just me?

If not, then what the frilly heck is going on?

Omg...ME too!

Your post caught my eye because I logged online to google "waking up in the middle of the night" or something like that. I used to sleep like a baby, too...but for the past 1-2wks, I wake up at least 2-3 times/night.

During the day, I'm not sleepy, but I hate waking up during the middle of the night because it's hard for me to go back to sleep. I wake up w/ heaps of energy and I do not know why. And, I feel like something is randomly waking me up; weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz
I keep on waking up at 3am for the past four nights ... it's driving me crazy too. I actually had a snooze today for 2 hrs during the day .
I don't feel tired now but really I should go to bed lol .
Good luck x

I blame it on my twin lol He's a night owl :)

Me too! Last night, it was 2:45am but I've noticed it's always between 2:45am-3:15pm. Boo!
Old 17-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Sira

2 hours of sleep last night, 1.5 hours this evening so it still continues, weird sleeping pattern...
Old 17-01-2011, 10:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sira
2 hours of sleep last night, 1.5 hours this evening so it still continues, weird sleeping pattern...

No Sleep on saturday night Sunday night 4 hours and today I slept for 4 hours after my morning meditation . This is crazy .

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 17-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Sira

Topaz
Old 17-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sira
Topaz
Thanks I was definately working somewhere else today , thank god I didn't have to start work in the real world till 3pm .

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 22-01-2011, 08:26 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz
I keep on waking up at 3am for the past four nights ... it's driving me crazy too. I actually had a snooze today for 2 hrs during the day .
I don't feel tired now but really I should go to bed lol .
Good luck x

I blame it on my twin lol He's a night owl :)
Exactly the same here. And I blame it on my twin too. Every night at 5.00 a.m. I wake up, remember a part of my dreams and fall asleep again till 6.30 (when I have to go out of bed). When I wake up I have forgotten about the dreams
I guess it has something to do with my twin, maybe he also wakes up at 5.00.