Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 17-11-2016, 12:38 PM
Newbie ;)

For me, pendulum is an extension, a channel, it doesn't have a personality, other than what energy and intentions it takes over from the 'host', i.e. YOU.

Pendulum is an extension of a dowser's subconscious mind and as such it should technically respond to the user's name. I did not name mine and I don't think it's a good idea because you are subconsciously giving it the right to exist independently as a separate entity, rather than an extension of yourself. With that, there are consequences, such as 'disagreements' and preconditioned beliefs of right and wrong. That's not how pendulums work and doing this introduces an extra element of vagueness to an activity that is already filled with uncertainty.

The primary idea is to reduce unnecessary factors in working with pendulums - avoid strong thoughts, do not work with it when your mind is not at ease, where you are very angry/full of grief/regret or any other powerful emotions.
Use shielding, both for yourself and for whatever you're going to use the pendulum for, cleanse it, discharge it if the type requires that action, energize yourself before working, make sure the length of suspension is well-selected...

There's a myriad of things done to focus, simplify and eliminate unnecessary factors from the process of working with a pendulum. Giving it a name and treating it as a separate entity is a very counterproductive practice that is more than likely to undo whatever you're trying to achieve.