Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 18-09-2013, 10:35 AM
kash17

How does nothingness become everything?

spirituality and more specifically Buddhism emphasizes on awaking from the dimension of mind and reaching nothingness with the promise that if one can reach this point they will realize eternal oneness and reach nirvana. However since it is beyond the scope of mind how can one deal with this impossible mission??
Old 18-09-2013, 12:34 PM
Master
Dear kash17, you said "spirituality and more specifically Buddhism emphasizes on awaking from the dimension of mind and reaching nothingness with the promise that if one can reach this point they will realize eternal oneness and reach nirvana. However since it is beyond the scope of mind how can one deal with this impossible mission? Un-quote

Perhaps Buddhism never promise anything , is nothing out there to acheive is only you will release all your emotion as you travel into greater realization of yourself......and is never your choice to choose Buddhism but is your will to travel in longer / more suffering path or otherwise .......
Buddhism in my current understanding is a natural process of all existence - living or non-living , not by choice or practice , is natural so anything or everything is travel in own spped , own pace into emptiness back into nothingness .........
if human base on knowledge as the basis of their life , live in the knbowledge and became the knowledge itself , yes it seems impossible ( but surely will ) to travel into emptiness ......that is why we are here...perhaps if human reach to a point of realization that nothing belong to them nor family or material even the body itself is never own by them ...and without having special emotion for special being , love for family etc ..accept all existence same and equal ......perhaps that is closer into emptiness .
Old 20-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kash17
spirituality and more specifically Buddhism emphasizes on awaking from the dimension of mind and reaching nothingness with the promise that if one can reach this point they will realize eternal oneness and reach nirvana. However since it is beyond the scope of mind how can one deal with this impossible mission??
Seems full of paradox, doesn't it ?. Maybe think of the goal as not even being a goal , but as a state of being that's built in . The mind we got stuck in will still be there, but somehow our scope broadens. Our perspective expands to become what it always really was , including everything but holding onto nothing . I can't tell you what the magic formula is because it seems like nothing except a letting go , an allowance, an acceptance . I don't live in Nirvana but I know it's where I really exist . I expect that when I die this will all fade away and there will be infinite energy, and nothing , and everything inbetween, kind of like it is now. I'm not Buddhist . But I am . Whatever that is is an aspect of my being.

"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now, only much, much better"

Laurie Anderson

Last edited by Swami Chihuahuananda : 20-09-2013 at 11:49 AM.
Old 22-09-2013, 02:48 AM
Guide
Our definition of the word "nothing" is very skewed for one thing. Think about the kind of imagery, that is brought up, when someone tells you, that they have nothing. Well, I can answer that, and it's, that this person is in some way, lacking something.

However, this word should be taken quite contrary to the way it is illustrated above. We should be really taking the word nothing, as; "containing all things in such a way that exceeds our understanding."

Now to frame that and put it in perspective, ask yourself that question again. How does nothingness become everything?
Old 24-09-2013, 07:56 AM
Experiencer

Take away the time idea and you will find tbe answer.
also reverse your view of nothing. :)
Old 24-09-2013, 08:03 AM
Experiencer

Nothing contains nothing lol not everything!

Nothing=no things and only things have limits.
Nothingness therefor is unlimited.
Its not limited... to being anything so it must be all potential.
Since its all potential It must contain the potential of self awareness.
a potental is only a possibility but your self aware so that's proof it lived out that potential.
But NOW is the only real 'time' so it always was nothing and everything.
Ask a Gold top mushroom for more information lol.
Old 24-09-2013, 11:12 AM
kash17

I realize that the goal is not to destroy the mind but over time and with meditation a new and greater consciousness becomes aware of its existence in which the mind is a subset and the result is no longer identifying with the thoughts but looking at them as passing clouds in the sky. the annoying issue for me is the great effort which is required to stay in this state of pure consciousness and the thoughts very easily and without giving a signal steal the attention and take me back to the state of mind. this effort is tiring and I don't understand it since the present moment is much easier to live in and should require effort!!
Old 24-09-2013, 11:18 AM
kash17

if the state of nothingness becomes everything then it should be impossible to leave this state!
Old 24-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Experiencer

'Became' includes the concept of time.
Time is an illusion of being in the eternal NOW and creating an illusion of past and future
Old 25-09-2013, 01:10 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
Nothing contains nothing lol not everything!

Nothing=no things and only things have limits.
Nothingness therefor is unlimited.
Its not limited... to being anything so it must be all potential.
Since its all potential It must contain the potential of self awareness.
a potental is only a possibility but your self aware so that's proof it lived out that potential.
But NOW is the only real 'time' so it always was nothing and everything.
Ask a Gold top mushroom for more information lol.

This is where I disagree. Or rather, I disagree with your semantics (not necessarily your inference) on the situation. But I'll be honest, it's a hard concept to wrap your head around, so I don't blame anyone (including myself) for having difficulties reconciling any of these notions.

The way I like to think of existence/god, is as a self defining, self referential system, so naturally, to us it looks like something that has no individuation, no bounds, and so on an so forth. But what would that ultimately look like to god, or at least from god's (and I use that term very loosely) perspective as an all powerful being? I'm actually quite humbled to claim, that I do not have the answer to that, but I imagine the ideas of infinite, and such are quite different than we understand them to be.