Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 09-07-2015, 11:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Interesting
One of the pussycats is sitting on my lap and he has his chin on my right arm as I sit here cross-legged having to type with one hand and stop every so often and wiggle my fingers because it's actually quite cold this morning but that also means it's going to be sunny too.

And what all that means is I can't ignore the pussycat but after that paragraph above he has possibly accepted that I want to use both hands and has changed position and now I feel that the set of toes , under the leg and under the pussycat is quite sore, but I can't ignore them either so maybe in a minute or two pussy will move to my other leg and I'll be able to move those toes getting a bit sore by being squashed down and wanting to move to get some nice warm blood circulating.

As he says in the video the Mother mind moves sideways and up and down and isn't this about futures and pasts colluding to bring what ever it is we need? That despite what might be the weights upon us in the now they will surely pass and become lightnesses?

For some reason this saying came to me reading what you shared Mr I... *Many hands make light work* ...

I read on facebook this morning a very old friend of mine who is a born again and he defined that as a Christian he has accepted God the King and is prepared for the Kings re-arrival on Earth and to me he is standing there with a cake he has baked and when God arrives he will offer this cake to God " I kept this cake for you God" and God will simply say "Oh cherished Love, why did you not share the cake?"

It's funny how sometimes people think that god only wants the cake isn't it?

And I also did a quick quiz which said how much I might be privileged and by all accounts I am not privileged at all and yet I feel I am entirely privileged for no matter what your birth and place on the earth serves you with your privilege is making the most of both what you have and the possibilities you seek to embrace to see what you are actually capable of.

Surely then this is the Mother mind at work. That this supposed warrior mind which only sees forwards and backwards is a dull and limiting aspect which can only be made fuller by looking and accepting the aboveness and belowness and well as what is off to the sides and even all around us. Isn't this then real privilege?

I like this. Acceptance of it all. I suppose some might say it is all part of just being it within?

It is our privilege to look beyond the restraints offered by regalia adorned and the subset of ideas which might be offered as an entrance and see with the eyes which go beyond the mere forward and back. Even the Dalai Lama must speak in words which can be understood even if, in the forward and back, his real understanding might remain hidden but he is obviously in the all a roundedness for his glee goes so deep it is an abyss of joy... obviously. So then the dividends in the stockmarket of human spirit are paid out not in what we think we might hear but in the possibilities of what we will eventually see and so we open our hearts to that which is between and through the constraints of little doors opening.

Up, down, inside out, back to front, behind, sideways...gosh so many angles to see and feel, relate to the infinite wonders of life being itself in the many infinite ways of itself ( I like my owl profile picture I had on fb, its little head turned to the side in the wonder of the side way view, its really cute)

I really loved what you wrote in that last paragraph. It resonates in me like a song of joy today.

Thankyou for sharing Mr I.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 09-07-2015, 11:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer
sometimes it's necessary.

Yes it is.

Simple clear boundary that is all, that in fairness was best shared so the person is aware of this is a good thing in my book. No beating around the bush.

(some suggested its best to pm another to let them know, that could work too if you felt it would be best for you )

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 09-07-2015, 11:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by celest
I have watched the beginning of the Video, I don't like the idea that we have two minds one is enough for me to deal with

Well you could always perceive it as one mind, with two choices perhaps.

Old 10-07-2015, 04:06 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Oh I managed to read what Ivy wrote because you quoted her Celest.

That part just doesn't hold up when you quote of course. (now everyone knows this aspect, could prove to be tricky. lol..

Ivy if you can read this and I am not on your ignore list, I just wanted to let you know after reading your quote of words posted, that I put you there becuase I shared the same thing about you in another thread to let you know because you were the only one who responded in my thread.

The thread called Cracking the egg, has since been deleted by my asking as I had posted it four times, accidently, so that was where I did say the same thing.

So really I was only repeating what I did say to you out loud somewhere else.

Anyway I just didn't want you to waste your energy on me in this way, as I couldn't respond, nor read what you posted. But then sometimes it serves others so all good.

Have a nice day.

I don't have anyone on an ignore list. In each moment I respond to what you present and I don't hold onto anything that would cause me to block you.

The premise that you don't want people to think you are rude by ignoring them, so you're politely letting them know that you are ignoring them, was fantastically ironic

My posts are polite and ethical and show you respect as a fellow human being and if you want to ignore them, it doesn't at all effect me. It's not really about me or anything that I say - it's your own feelings that you are dealing with. And it's good that you can take space to do that, but you don't need to tell me about it.

However, the ignore feature is a boundary for yourself, and it's up to you to stick with it. The only person breaking your boundary is yourself, by drawing attention to the fact that you have people on an ignore list... and then speaking to them. It's kind of farcical.
Old 10-07-2015, 05:02 PM
celest

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Oh I managed to read what Ivy wrote because you quoted her Celest

That part just doesn't hold up when you quote of course. (now everyone knows this aspect, could prove to be tricky. lol..

Ivy if you can read this and I am not on your ignore list, I just wanted to let you know after reading your quote of words posted, that I put you there becuase I shared the same thing about you in another thread to let you know because you were the only one who responded in my thread.

The thread called Cracking the egg, has since been deleted by my asking as I had posted it four times, accidently, so that was where I did say the same thing.

So really I was only repeating what I did say to you out loud somewhere else.

Anyway I just didn't want you to waste your energy on me in this way, as I couldn't respond, nor read what you posted. But then sometimes it serves others so all good.

Have a nice day.

Sorry about that, it wasn't done intentionally
Old 10-07-2015, 05:05 PM
celest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucyan28
lol celest, you've made my day ! July 9th 2015 I wish I could do that in real life to my own talking mind sometimes :) -you know when you would like to say "Shut up!" to your inner voice

It works Lucyan, honest but you have to shout really loud.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by celest
It works Lucyan, honest but you have to shout really loud.
If you really want to see what you said about your ignored self Celest, you can just sign out and view the forum as a quest.

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 10-07-2015, 09:12 PM
Master
Oh, that's a goodie Capacity, viewing our own lives as guests!

Conspicuous in ones absence doesn't really work on forums but it works a treat in real life.

The trickster as a guise, as it were, comes up often in my life as in me playing that particular card, whatever such is, but at the same time any mention of St Francis and the welling up begins.

So I very much like the ideas of the mother mind because somewhat unlike the warrior mind which sets out to be steadfast and unswerving in it's stance the Mother mind kind of accepts that not only is not everything as it seems but this advantage can be played, that, in a sense, it's completely fine to take different positions which can seemingly be at odds.

To teach the children the lessons needed. To scare them maybe to drive deep the consequences of actions but also to be right there with a hug and consolation that no matter how much we might err we are all able to forgive and find solidarity.

Both though are required, Mother and Warrior, and that's where we go I guess... the melding. Metal alone requires to much work to shape but with fire and metal we can re-compose the elements into the shapes we need.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capacity
If you really want to see what you said about your ignored self Celest, you can just sign out and view the forum as a quest.

lol I thought you actually said Quest, I was like what the

Did you mean Guest?
Old 10-07-2015, 09:55 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Interesting
Oh, that's a goodie Capacity, viewing our own lives as guests!

Conspicuous in ones absence doesn't really work on forums but it works a treat in real life.

The trickster as a guise, as it were, comes up often in my life as in me playing that particular card, whatever such is, but at the same time any mention of St Francis and the welling up begins.

So I very much like the ideas of the mother mind because somewhat unlike the warrior mind which sets out to be steadfast and unswerving in it's stance the Mother mind kind of accepts that not only is not everything as it seems but this advantage can be played, that, in a sense, it's completely fine to take different positions which can seemingly be at odds.

To teach the children the lessons needed. To scare them maybe to drive deep the consequences of actions but also to be right there with a hug and consolation that no matter how much we might err we are all able to forgive and find solidarity.

Both though are required, Mother and Warrior, and that's where we go I guess... the melding. Metal alone requires to much work to shape but with fire and metal we can re-compose the elements into the shapes we need.

I used to belong to a group in which many preconceived perceptions and conditioning was questioned.

However, what was interesting about the group, was that having gone through that questioning, reacting and realisation process, regular members became conditioned to the new culture. Part of that culture was the compassionate fighter, the un-hailed hero or selfless martyr. And much of the premise behind these charactertures was the idea of tough love = "To teach the children the lessons needed. To scare them maybe to drive deep the consequences of actions but also to be right there with a hug..."
Bu these ideas led to excusing dominance in some and dependency in others. the methods were just inappropriate for a group of adults that didn't have the mother/child bond.

Theoretically it makes sense, but in action it can become manipulative and self-serving, because no adult can be the parenting figure to another adult. The language of parent/child doesn't work in any other context. Adults cannot be 'melded'