Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-07-2015, 01:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucyan28
The other day I saw a meme of the Dalai Lama with one of his quotes, but I couldn't find it.

It said something about that every emotion that we feel is not caused by an external factor (person or circumstance), the root cause of every emotion and mental state is inside of us.

Can you imagine? When we feel love for someone, is not the other person who makes you feel that incredible love, it is Yourself who is feeling and generating the love. Then the other person is just a reflection of what you are feeling and attracting/creating into your life.

So if all emotions like anger, sadness, rejections, are not caused by an external factor, then we should take the responsibility of our reactions, with that in mind it comes a comprehension and understanding of our emotions and thoughts.

Oh! Another contemplation about this, is that knowing that all the hurt is generated inside of us, then this knowledge could be a way to forgive others that has hurt us in the past. Or at least to overcome or let go some hurt from the past.

This made me think of how it is sometimes good to blur the distinction between inside and outside . What is is inside is more than the single , well (?)-defined entity we call our self. Outside accepts me as part of it when I see that the boundary can be blurred , and is a temporary one , or a partly illusory one , and that I am not limited to the singular , defined, 'me' . Or I can broaden my definition as the line blurs.

Or something like that ...no doubt the idea has been hashed out here already
Old 11-07-2015, 08:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
No person has total responsibility, but they do have some!

This would depend on much of course. So perhaps I could shift further on from my previous words, in that- fully reflecting is a possibility for those who have the capacity to do so through the whole of self as it is in every way of itself.

So perhaps you see total responsibility in another way?

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 12-07-2015, 08:42 PM
Master

Hi Ivy and Naturesflow

Quote:
Could you say what needs explaining and for whom? emotions need explaining to ourselves is the assumption I make, but it is only an assumption.

I found I was surprised by the simplicity of what was said when I first heard it in my mind. Don't know why there was a voice today along with the words. Maybe others are able to hear what I can't say to myself. Maybe it was the trust attachment with the name of the Dalia Lama. If it were an average persons saying it, would I have said .... naw. I'll tell you why later.

Emotions are from within is simple and elegant and I think I was caught by surprise, why, because I wasn't able to say it to myself. It took another to say it for me to hear it.

My own dialogue is often my own barrier. This is the neglect I saw which was different from the neglect you see. So can what you worry about be avoided. But this is just me. When you are free, because I suspect you will know it. Is this not what conflict shows.

The neglect to me was not being able to say it and thus not feel (experience) it. It was a different emotion and there will always be cause and effect. Neglect is self imposed I think.

Quote:
Gem explains the feeling of emotion well - it is a sensation of energy running through the body. The name that we give to it reflects the human life that we live. When a person tries to control, it is perhaps the reflection they see of life that they try to control.

Yes, I've said this to and I also think emotion and energy influence people. Energy is real, emotion cannot really be describe that way. We have always described emotion, not energy. More study on energy is needed I think. Is there a link that exists. If you cannot control emotion you cannot control energy and vise versa. Control is sometimes a good thing....

Quote:
I don't understand what you are wanting to say here, could you perhaps re-word it please.

I saw a lot of agreeing with the post and it brought up past thoughts. I know when I grew up, no one ever explained it this way. The way it was explained to me was, you're going to hell.... lol. I was told I was to blame. And today I saw this is the same thing said differently. Both ways were intended to meaningful and helpful with the best of intentions. It's taken a very long time to give up what I was once told.

Quote:
What do you believe cause to be?

This is just a basic cause and MO of course. It is what I call first cause. Cause is often not in the present but the past, what we go through, about what we learn and saw not what we see. The child within. What we fail to see is the thought does not know the difference in past and present and the thought leads to energy. If it's true the past has an influence then we must realize affects and therefor part of our responsibility in that and therefor share which is how I now see responsibility.
Old 15-07-2015, 03:40 PM
Master
Book1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swami Chihuahuananda
This made me think of how it is sometimes good to blur the distinction between inside and outside . What is is inside is more than the single , well (?)-defined entity we call our self. Outside accepts me as part of it when I see that the boundary can be blurred , and is a temporary one , or a partly illusory one , and that I am not limited to the singular , defined, 'me' . Or I can broaden my definition as the line blurs.

Or something like that ...no doubt the idea has been hashed out here already

Greetings intergalactic brother/sister Swami

I believe that ultimately outside and inside are just points of reference for our comprehension, but they might not exist in a greater picture, we all know that everything is only one thing, without division/separation.
Old 15-07-2015, 03:56 PM
twoheadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucyan28
Oh! Another contemplation about this, is that knowing that all the hurt is generated inside of us, then this knowledge could be a way to forgive others that has hurt us in the past. Or at least to overcome or let go some hurt from the past.
Great post!

I see my emotions as mine, so I have the choice to let them go. The 'problem' is I'm attached to some emotions and memories. I don't want to let them go. I identify with them, and so I'm apprehensive about giving them up. But if I want to be free I should let them go.

I even want to let go of the good feelings. If I hold on to them, I won't keep them. I'll get nervous when they're not around, afraid that I'm losing them or am doing something wrong. Holding on to the good emotions creates fear in the end. I don't want fear though, I want to be free.
Old 15-07-2015, 04:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoheadeddog
Great post!

I see my emotions as mine, so I have the choice to let them go. The 'problem' is I'm attached to some emotions and memories. I don't want to let them go. I identify with them, and so I'm apprehensive about giving them up. But if I want to be free I should let them go.

I even want to let go of the good feelings. If I hold on to them, I won't keep them. I'll get nervous when they're not around, afraid that I'm losing them or am doing something wrong. Holding on to the good emotions creates fear in the end. I don't want fear though, I want to be free.

Hi two headed dog

I'm glad you like this thread.

Well I never thought that we should let go our good feelings and memories, I'm not sure what to tell you about it but I believe that it's ok to have our sweet memories with us, because we came to this earth to experience life with both the negative and the positive alike, and the experience (with all its wisdom and knowledge) is the only thing that we can keep after we depart this world.

I think that the things that we must let go are the past and the future, and to live in the present -but keeping our memories for happiness and strength, although it's not ok to live exclusively in those memories forgetting the present.
Old 15-07-2015, 04:09 PM
Master
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Yes, I've said this to and I also think emotion and energy influence people. Energy is real, emotion cannot really be describe that way. We have always described emotion, not energy. More study on energy is needed I think. Is there a link that exists. If you cannot control emotion you cannot control energy and vise versa. Control is sometimes a good thing....

Hi Lemex, about that influence of the energy and emotions from other people.

Let's suppose I'm really mad at you

Let's represent my anger with a cookie. Then I'm in touch with you and give you my angry cookie (maybe I yelled at you with bad words), then you take the cookie with your hands, but you have a moment to decide if you want to eat the angry cookie or throw it away.

What would you do? Take the angry cookie and react like this

or throw away the angry cookie?

lol I love this term: "Angry Cookie" perhaps I should create the brand lol
Old 15-07-2015, 04:14 PM
twoheadeddog

Letting go of good feelings and memories is a strange concept, I agree. I also used to not agree with it. I'm still learning about it. That's ok.
Old 15-07-2015, 04:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoheadeddog
Letting go of good feelings and memories is a strange concept, I agree. I also used to not agree with it. I'm still learning about it. That's ok.

Indeed, it seems really interesting and worth to contemplate it with a nice cup of coffee