Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 05-07-2015, 07:03 AM
Deactivated Account

How to tackle fear

Including fear of water
Old 05-07-2015, 07:12 AM
celest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floatsy
Including fear of water

Try to face your fears head on, this might help you Phobias are a different matter, deciding if water is a fear or phobia can give you answers on how to move forward.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:33 AM
Lorelyen

It's one of those things I'd take to the astral but only if you're up to encountering fear on the astral. It's almost impossible to get rid of phobias entirely unless you're lucky enough to have one of those epiphany moments that suddenly mends everything. Fears are sometimes there because their root cause has been suppressed by our internal protection mechanisms so we don't have to relive a trauma every time we encounter something that triggers them.

Old 05-07-2015, 04:36 PM
Knower

What are you really afraid of? Because water isn't the real fear, otherwise you'd never take a bath or shower, or use a toilet, or enjoy a long, cool drink on a hot day, or be able to brew your morning coffee or tea. Feeding yourself and cleaning up afterward would be very difficult, unless all you ate was fast food and stuff in packets. And I kind of doubt you're filthy and parched, living on McD's and pooping in a hole in the ground. ;)

So I'm going to be so bold as to suggest that what really scares you is the potential consequences of immersing yourself in a body of water. Maybe it's drowning. Maybe you fear some hidden danger that lurks below the surface, that you can't see until it's too late. Maybe it's getting in too deep, and not being able to touch bottom. Maybe it's getting swept away by the current.

When you imagine going into the water, what exactly is it you dread? What scenario comes up? It may be something that sounds totally crazy and irrational, that you're embarrassed to admit to even yourself, but in order to banish it, it needs to be dragged to the surface.

If there has been no traumatic event in this lifetime to instil a fear of going into the water in you, the fear may be a holdover from another life, in which something traumatic did happen. Maybe you drowned, or got eaten by a shark, or survived a shipwreck just long enough to understand you were going to die out there on the open sea. Who knows? But you can still deal with it now, and identifying the precise nature of your fear is the best way to start.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:43 PM
Deactivated Account

Yes, I fear drowning, I went to the oceanside recently, and I felt the waves, I sensed the cold, the frightening, terrible sensation of drowning, unable to breathe, so cold, so dark.

It's terrifying :( I did almost drown when I was very very little, just a very short time, and have not felt fear since that. But when I was at the ocean, and sensed/heard the waves at night, this terror is what I felt

Thank you, all, for your replies.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:36 PM
Guide
Confront it little by little.

Focusing on breath is a good way to ease the fear
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in
Old 07-07-2015, 11:15 PM
Master
I'm sorry I'm not reposting this information. It is a very powerful technique that teaches one how to work with emotions.

Here is the link.
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...hlight=Landing
Old 08-07-2015, 08:46 AM
Deactivated Account

You have to let fear flow through you, just like water. Don't push it away, just sit with it and allow it to be there. Embrace it because who doesn't like being embraced? It will eventually calm down from the love. Take baby steps, don't go too hard on yourself.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:13 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floatsy
Yes, I fear drowning, I went to the oceanside recently, and I felt the waves, I sensed the cold, the frightening, terrible sensation of drowning, unable to breathe, so cold, so dark.

It's terrifying :( I did almost drown when I was very very little, just a very short time, and have not felt fear since that. But when I was at the ocean, and sensed/heard the waves at night, this terror is what I felt

Thank you, all, for your replies.
This doesn't sound as though it's 'your' fear, have you explored any Past Lives? Considering you're standing at the ocean it's quite an overreaction.Is it the first time you'd been to the ocean since you'd nearly drowned as a child?
Old 08-07-2015, 11:19 AM
Master
Cognitive behaviour therapy; hypnosis... find a good therapist and do the homework