Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 28-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Neville

Yes she who plays, you did indeed already express your view on the subject matter.

Your reference to Parthenogenesis has indeed been scientifically proven...In snakes and certain other creatures (The Irony of the Snakes ability and the presence of a Snake in the garden of Eden not being wasted on me).

Theres loads more symbology assocuated with the snake as you know , from Oroboros to the Caduceus, but that's probably digressing too much.

So back to the Parthenogenesis that you alluded to. Asexual reproduction.

As far as I am aware there is one alleged insidence of Human Pathenogenesis that was quiet well documented between a Couple in the Middle East About the time of the Romans. I am not necessarily sure that incidence was ever properly verified though.. but lets not get bogged down here because we are singing from the same hymne sheet only I'm reading from Right to left and you seem to be reading from left to right.. The words are all there...Pestle and Mortar, Pole Dancer and Pole, Chicken and egg.

The interdependence of God and Goddess and their other legion metaphors you highlighted already yourself in your previous postings on the subject matter. Its a duality, that like so many other dualities exist to comprise a whole or indeed the whole Therefore it renders dashed difficult, the proposition of apportioning greater significance to either one or the other,
Old 28-06-2012, 11:55 AM
she who plays

A little humor.. I'm probably very friendly to lesbians and gays, but the feminists and chauvanists would hold me in contempt. ;-)

And I am reading the hymn sheet from left to right, right to left, up to down and down to up. Then back in reverse from up to down, down to up, left to right, and right to left. :-)
Old 28-06-2012, 04:15 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Honza:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Neville, that depends on whether the male is an extension of the female or not.

If you reverse the story from the bible about woman being made from Adams rib.....what if the male was made from a part of femininity?

On another note: does anyone believe that the divine feminine should be called I AM? It just does not seem to suit it IMO.

In my experience--the Divine Feminine has never been refered to as "I am".

She is most widely recognized as MotherEarth (Gaia). However--in my Tradition--She is recognized as the Holy Female Trinity (which represents each stage of a female life)--The Maiden, The Mother, and The Crone.

These stages are generally linked to the 3 major Phases of MotherMoon--Waxing, Full, and Waning (respectively).

Peace and Love on your path to discovering the Mysteries...

Blessed be...
Old 28-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Master
I Am is probably a very masculine definition of God. It does not seem feminine at all. The Goddess is unfathomable and unconditional so it would be a bit silly to define her as I Am.

I Am is useful for when you want to pull your life together and learn self esteem. But it can't help you with the feminine side of life.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 28-06-2012, 05:10 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
I Am is probably a very masculine definition of God. It does not seem feminine at all. The Goddess is unfathomable and unconditional so it would be a bit silly to define her as I Am.

I Am is useful for when you want to pull your life together and learn self esteem. But it can't help you with the feminine side of life.

Agreed--the Goddess is that binding, Maternal Force--She is both nuturing and fierce--especially when protecting Her own.

IMO--the Masculine side of Nature is nowhere near as deadly as a Woman who has been crossed--or backed into a corner.
Old 28-06-2012, 06:55 PM
she who plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTerra
In my experience--the Divine Feminine has never been refered to as "I am".

She is most widely recognized as MotherEarth (Gaia). However--in my Tradition--She is recognized as the Holy Female Trinity (which represents each stage of a female life)--The Maiden, The Mother, and The Crone.

These stages are generally linked to the 3 major Phases of MotherMoon--Waxing, Full, and Waning (respectively).

Peace and Love on your path to discovering the Mysteries...

Blessed be...

Just as I thought. The Wicca tradition generally is about living a very earthy life and self-actualizing as a woman. Men self-actualize as Masculine Sun Gods. Opposites attract etc. etc. You accept motherhood and old age. It's very much like a roleplay. It's seems like a very biological existence.

Personally, in my trinity I choose female archetypes that are bi-gender and more independent. It's more like an existence based in consciousness. I see her as ever youthful and undying. While I accept getting older in my body I try always never to act whatever the age of my human vehicle is. So the crone isn't in there.
Old 28-06-2012, 07:05 PM
she who plays

Quote:

I think you're missing the point. Your words seem a bit mis-guided. I AM, obviously includes EVERYTHING, so how can it not include Her..?
I would say there are more elegant, and more emotional expressions out there (e.g.'Play, be-not'), but it is shortsighted to say I AM is somehow more more masculine or less feminine..
Old 28-06-2012, 07:07 PM
she who plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTerra
Agreed--the Goddess is that binding, Maternal Force--She is both nuturing and fierce--especially when protecting Her own.

IMO--the Masculine side of Nature is nowhere near as deadly as a Woman who has been crossed--or backed into a corner.

Hmm, don't really see how you are prioritising your female-male here..
Old 28-06-2012, 09:06 PM
Neville

Quote:

Do you think?

Hell hath no fury and all that... Don't fall into that old stereotype... Anyhoo . your opinion is respected and I'll leave that one alone... because I find myself still needing to be convinced that the goddess cannot be or rather is not capable of being I AM.... Discrimination I tell ya, where is the equality here...

Know yourself... The female elements along with the male elements reside within you, Born of both Mother and Father, how much more convincing of I AM does one need to be? It's in your DNA innit..

God and Goddess are composite parts of I AM...

One for you ladies....When you draw down the Moon (If you practice such a thing in your ritual) where do you draw it down to..? Why , Into the Womb ofcourse, ergo incorporating the goddess into the self through ceremony.. Trying to bring the Goddess into I AM Irrespective of the self evidential statement that your are the fruit of both x and y loins.

I really should not find myself stating the obvious..

I blame the Romans really...

Mithras = No Women Allowed ...
Vesta = No Men Allowed.....

Anyhow returning briefly back to the opening quotation.

Quote:
or backed into a corner.

Err.... That would actually be the instinct of self preservation which is totally genderless.

So Black Widow's and Blue Beard's, Feminism is as bad as Chauvinism or Mysogeny... I am not wordy enough to know the difference..

I'll say it how I see it, The Goddess is Sacred, but neither more or less Sacred than God... Hows that for a bit of flag waving for equality

Lest the imbalance ensues.
Old 29-06-2012, 07:44 AM
Master
I understand that I AM is apparently all encompassing. BUT it is my concern that the term I AM grew out of an imbalance in the first place. I know what I AM is *supposed* to mean, but the term originated from masculine dominance IMO.

Sure the Goddess is I AM. Sure masculine and feminine are equal. BUT when one experiences the Goddess all conceptions of I AM fade into obscurity.

My point is that God came to be known as I AM because of an imbalance. Take away that imbalance and God becomes known as a nameless being.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.