Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 22-12-2018, 11:03 PM
Master
Secondhand Items, and Energy?

Hello everyone.

This is a topic I have been pondering on lately.

I am curious does anyone here feel energy from items or secondhand items? Anyone with some experience with it?

Lately I have found when I have picked things up from secondhand charity shops local I've been imagining the different history of the items. Like imagining previous things the items may have been through. I remember there being a scarf I bought that I felt a woman wearing white sunglasses had donated' I don't know why I received this exact imagery, but that is what I got from it. I ended up going out and purchasing a pair of white brimmed sunglasses as I ended up liking the idea.

Does anyone else make up stories about items like this or possibly sense the energy of an item?

Well I thought perhaps a little game of sorts might bring even more cheer to the forums here?

I thought perhaps we could use this thread if anyone is up for it to post photos of second hand items we may have, and members could try and imagine the history and other details about the items, just for fun. Some may not know too much background information about said objects themselves, but may be fun? See what feelings come up for us?

This is a second hand necklace I recently got that I love, but also seems to give me positive energy and feelings when I wear it.

https://i.imgur.com/ajVp1oG.jpg?2

Any thoughts, feelings? Images? Any ideas why it may have a positive energy and vibe for me?

Any input on this thread and thoughts about energy and items welcome.
Old 23-12-2018, 11:09 AM
Administrator
Everything holds an energy and yes you can feel it. I had a ring many moons ago everybody loved it.it fited perfectly on my finger. but if anyone tried to put it on to see what it felt like they would get shooting pains in their arm. yet it felt comfortable on myself.

Namaste
Old 24-12-2018, 05:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Everything holds an energy and yes you can feel it. I had a ring many moons ago everybody loved it.it fited perfectly on my finger. but if anyone tried to put it on to see what it felt like they would get shooting pains in their arm. yet it felt comfortable on myself.

Namaste

Thank you very much for your response Native spirit. And what an amazing story! That is very neat how the ring seemed to mesh very well with your spirit!

I just figured out why the necklace I bought feels so wonderful on me. On it is a fossilized ammonite surrounded by what I believe are differing agate stones. It's a fossil. <3 That is why I resonate so well with it. I love the energy of fossils. I didn't realize I'd feel the energy of the necklace so strongly I am shocked.

And for four dollars at Goodwill- local charity shop? Yes!

Thank you again for your amazing story.

Much happiness to you.

Last edited by SaturninePluto : 24-12-2018 at 01:26 PM.
Old 26-12-2018, 11:45 PM
Deactivated Account

Pretty necklace, I like it!

I feel that we are always driven to what our energy is aligned with, be 'good' or 'bad', we gravitated to it because we feel connected or aligned to it.

I recently purchased a used tarot deck from a guy across town. He was selling a bunch of spiritual stuff, I normally don't like to purchase used card decks, but I felt the price was a steal and I didn't feel threatened by the individual at all. He owned a tutoring center, so my inner guidance/sensors felt he was a good person and a level minded individual. When I got home, I didn't sense anything negative about the cards at all. If anything I was so happy for the deal, I played with the cards immediately despite sayings you need to clear or clean the cards. Honestly, at this point in my spiritual development, clearing and cleaning is a lot of ' mind over matter' stuff, and I don't think there is anything that scares us more than ourselves and our own thoughts.( imho). However, to be on the safe side I did buy sage to clear them later. It always feels good to have a clean and saged home
Old 27-12-2018, 12:06 AM
Master
I once was so drawn into a painting I saw in a consignment shop. The woman in the painting seemed so calm that I decided to purchase it and put it up on the wall at home. But after weeks of studying this painting I started to get the sense that this woman seemed depressed or sad. After I reached that conclusion the mere presence of her put me on edge. Eventually I took the canvas out of the frame and gave the canvas to the Salvation Army. I did, however, keep the frame and I put one of my own painting in it. Hauntingly though, the woman I painted has that same feel about her. But I know the painter (me) so it's hanging on the wall in the old frame. Whereas the painter of the bought painting, I didn't know why he/she painted the lady with such a distant, expressionless look.

I believe one has to be cautious when bringing items home from second hand stores. They often, not always, carry forth the energy of the person that owned it.
Old 27-12-2018, 10:54 AM
Deactivated Account
Many years ago a a friend of my mothers passed away. I can't remember how but my mum ended up having her old bedroom wardrobe. We had just moved home and we didn't have much furniture so it helped. Anyway, some months later another friend of my mums stayed the night, she slept in the room with the wardrobe. During the night she screamed and ran downstairs refusing to go back in the room. She said said she woke and saw an old lady in the room. She didn't know the lady who had owned the wardrobe but my mum said the woman she claimed to see sounded very much like the old lady who had passed away. Will still own the wardrobe now.