Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 29-11-2018, 06:57 PM
Knower

Time In The Afterlife

Do deceased people have any concept of time in the afterlife? I was just curious because I don't often get visitation dreams so I was just wondering what would prompt one; is it like they're contacting us regularly even if it seems longer to us, or do they only come at certain times?
Old 29-11-2018, 09:06 PM
Knower

Some people say time there works differently. Some say they still have linearity, some cause and effect, an order to events, though at a different rate. Some say past, present and future coexist, and I've no idea what that even means. Others simply that there is no past or future, only the ever eternal now (like here on Earth- same thing)

Not know anyone knows, though I'm sure a lot of people have opinions or think they do. Perhaps the closest we can get to truly knowing is to ask those who have presumably been at the door of death and returned- NDErs
Old 04-12-2018, 04:20 AM
Seeker

Time is linear, no time travel. However, it is not consistent. It takes a long time to live, about twice that time on the other side.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:39 AM
Knower

Some people say that a whole human lifetime whizzes by in what feels like minutes, on the other side. How do we sort out the actual truth?
Old 05-12-2018, 05:52 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatitudePluto
Do deceased people have any concept of time in the afterlife? I was just curious because I don't often get visitation dreams so I was just wondering what would prompt one; is it like they're contacting us regularly even if it seems longer to us, or do they only come at certain times?

The short answer is yes well sometimes. No pun intended. Your loved ones experience time differently than you, because they can be in different places at once (BTW you can too). Where you have one living body that is bounded by space-time your loved ones can cover great distances instantaneously. Amazing huh? The only thing you need to do is just think of them. Dreams. Dreams are our time to work through problems and make connections with other spirits beside our loved ones. And they know that. They don't want to interfere with our experience so they tend to just watch us in the background. Trust me though your loved ones do visit you, but you probably don't recognize them or remember such encounters. This sucks for us because our brains aren't made to remember the other side without their help. When we do remember something it's because you have a lucid dream. Lucid dreams are not healthy for us because we aren't at rest during this time. But they do happen about the time we are starting to wake up.

In this beautiful moment we can take a mental snap shot of the spirit world and bring it back with us in our waking world, a memory is formed. If you want to remember your encounters with your loved ones. Start a dream journal.

Write down every dream that you remember. This practice trains your brain to take more mental notes during sleep. You will start to realize how often you feel visited by random people and some of those people remind you of some one deceased on the other side. Guess what that's them.

After awhile your dreams will start to make more sense and you will see loved ones as you remembered them.

I hope this info helps.

sf
Old 07-12-2018, 01:30 AM
Guide

Time, doesn't exist...only on Earth we keep time...and that depends on the physical body, events and other ways we measure time.

Age depends on spiritual growth. Energy doesn't age.

When you are energy/light...your existence is by vibrational wavelengths. That is how energy travels and is transferred.

Depending on the wavelength( or for religious purposes, levels of heaven/ hell, higher or lower frequencies) is how time is measured there.

Time seems to go slower, spiritually, when you are on lower frequencies, or faster on higher frequencies...but in actuality, everything is simultaneously running on different wavelengths/dimensions...the past, present and future.

Time is more measured by the vibrational wavelengths of the soul....more like filling up a glass of water....instead looking at a calendar/clock.

But energy doesn't age, it just expands higher in frequency.

Many times, because of the different planes between earth(very low frequency) and spiritual planes (higher frequencies) we miss the signs or visitations because of the density of our reality.

We are also looking for different signs, than the energy world is giving us in the physical world.

You may have gotten signs, but weren't paying attention, or second guessed it...could have been a song on the radio, lights flicker, electrical appliances that can be manipulated by energetic sources.

Dreams are not always easy for contact...most times we are relaxed enough to enter certain beta or Delta waves...and if your loved one is available, and on that same wavelength energetically...then they can give you messages, signs, visitations, ECT.

Theoretically, they could be trying to contact you but it's a hit or miss...because of frequencies. Kind of like meeting in the middle...you taking the train, and your loved one taking a plane...

There's many other factors that play into this...your mental/emotional state( which is all energy) the density of the atmosphere on Earth, as well as the weather or climate through out the 24 hr earth cycle.... I can explain this later.

There's alot of things to learn, and getting messages and stuff off that nature...really you have to listen to your thoughts/feelings when certain things happen, such as events,
random occurrence s, music, encounters ECT.

We spend our lifetime, believing that the dead, spirits, God, ECT...can perform miracles of all kinds...but usually it's energetically, through wavelengths...either by people, animals, appliances, events, nature and synchronicity...which is all orchestrated or controlled by the energy of each, itself.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:52 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulforce
The short answer is yes well sometimes. No pun intended. Your loved ones experience time differently than you, because they can be in different places at once (BTW you can too). Where you have one living body that is bounded by space-time your loved ones can cover great distances instantaneously. Amazing huh? The only thing you need to do is just think of them. Dreams. Dreams are our time to work through problems and make connections with other spirits beside our loved ones. And they know that. They don't want to interfere with our experience so they tend to just watch us in the background. Trust me though your loved ones do visit you, but you probably don't recognize them or remember such encounters. This sucks for us because our brains aren't made to remember the other side without their help. When we do remember something it's because you have a lucid dream. Lucid dreams are not healthy for us because we aren't at rest during this time. But they do happen about the time we are starting to wake up.

In this beautiful moment we can take a mental snap shot of the spirit world and bring it back with us in our waking world, a memory is formed. If you want to remember your encounters with your loved ones. Start a dream journal.

Write down every dream that you remember. This practice trains your brain to take more mental notes during sleep. You will start to realize how often you feel visited by random people and some of those people remind you of some one deceased on the other side. Guess what that's them.

After awhile your dreams will start to make more sense and you will see loved ones as you remembered them.

I hope this info helps.

sf
If dreams are our souls literally visiting the afterlife, why do we often lack conscious control? Does that imply we may lack conscious control of our environment/experience once we are deceased, until we are able to achieve full lucidity, like transitioning from a regular dream state to a lucid dream one?

Also, people who have NDEs, report having hyper awareness, and often 360 degree views, neither of which I, at least, have in my dreams. Doesn't that seem to imply that, perhaps, dreams are not the same as going into the spirit world?
Old 07-12-2018, 07:59 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado
Time, doesn't exist...only on Earth we keep time...and that depends on the physical body, events and other ways we measure time.

Age depends on spiritual growth. Energy doesn't age.

When you are energy/light...your existence is by vibrational wavelengths. That is how energy travels and is transferred.

Depending on the wavelength( or for religious purposes, levels of heaven/ hell, higher or lower frequencies) is how time is measured there.

Time seems to go slower, spiritually, when you are on lower frequencies, or faster on higher frequencies...but in actuality, everything is simultaneously running on different wavelengths/dimensions...the past, present and future.

Time is more measured by the vibrational wavelengths of the soul....more like filling up a glass of water....instead looking at a calendar/clock.

But energy doesn't age, it just expands higher in frequency.

Many times, because of the different planes between earth(very low frequency) and spiritual planes (higher frequencies) we miss the signs or visitations because of the density of our reality.

We are also looking for different signs, than the energy world is giving us in the physical world.

You may have gotten signs, but weren't paying attention, or second guessed it...could have been a song on the radio, lights flicker, electrical appliances that can be manipulated by energetic sources.

Dreams are not always easy for contact...most times we are relaxed enough to enter certain beta or Delta waves...and if your loved one is available, and on that same wavelength energetically...then they can give you messages, signs, visitations, ECT.

Theoretically, they could be trying to contact you but it's a hit or miss...because of frequencies. Kind of like meeting in the middle...you taking the train, and your loved one taking a plane...

There's many other factors that play into this...your mental/emotional state( which is all energy) the density of the atmosphere on Earth, as well as the weather or climate through out the 24 hr earth cycle.... I can explain this later.

There's alot of things to learn, and getting messages and stuff off that nature...really you have to listen to your thoughts/feelings when certain things happen, such as events,
random occurrence s, music, encounters ECT.

We spend our lifetime, believing that the dead, spirits, God, ECT...can perform miracles of all kinds...but usually it's energetically, through wavelengths...either by people, animals, appliances, events, nature and synchronicity...which is all orchestrated or controlled by the energy of each, itself.
Thank you for the detailed response, Colorado! I have a couple of questions:

1- I still don't quite understand your concept of time. Is time still sequential in the spirit world? I have read that people can "split" their spirit energy to achieve many tasks simultaneously- perhaps much like multitasking on Earth. Still, the information transferred through telepathic communication must happen in sequence, as do whatever other events, right? If so, then isn't that, in a way, the passage of "time", even if it isn't added up as we do here? Cause and effect?

2-What makes certain beings able to perform feats of apparition, clearly move objects, walk on floors making noise, while others must content themselves with sending small signs of synchronicity and subtler messages?
Old 07-12-2018, 07:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convolution
If dreams are our souls literally visiting the afterlife, why do we often lack conscious control? Does that imply we may lack conscious control of our environment/experience once we are deceased, until we are able to achieve full lucidity, like transitioning from a regular dream state to a lucid dream one?

Also, people who have NDEs, report having hyper awareness, and often 360 degree views, neither of which I, at least, have in my dreams. Doesn't that seem to imply that, perhaps, dreams are not the same as going into the spirit world?

I believe that souls evolve by developing and mastering, sequentially with some overlapping, through instincts, emotions, intellect, intuition. Humans mostly learned to master instincts, are now working on mastering emotions, developed some intellect, and only scratch the surface of intuition.

Also, there is the duality of the human mind: conscious vs. subconscious.

Dreams (including most of lucid dreaming / out-of-body / astral projection) are projections (focus of attention into consciousness) onto the imagination plane, which isn't the same as the afterlife plane.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:26 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convolution
Thank you for the detailed response, Colorado! I have a couple of questions:

1- I still don't quite understand your concept of time. Is time still sequential in the spirit world? I have read that people can "split" their spirit energy to achieve many tasks simultaneously- perhaps much like multitasking on Earth. Still, the information transferred through telepathic communication must happen in sequence, as do whatever other events, right? If so, then isn't that, in a way, the passage of "time", even if it isn't added up as we do here? Cause and effect?

2-What makes certain beings able to perform feats of apparition, clearly move objects, walk on floors making noise, while others must content themselves with sending small signs of synchronicity and subtler messages?

The past, present and future are simotaneous...all are playing out at the same time. Time is not linear..like it is here.
I'm doing my best to put it into words...because what I saw was energy....even telepathic thoughts, which I did see...was energy being transferred from being to being in waves. The energy actually had color.

Some of the things you mentioned, many are performed at night or early morning hours...and there's many things at play..
Such as atmospheric conditions, the spiritual level of the soul, the open consciousness of the seeker, ECT

Some of the things you mentioned, walking on floors, ECT ( could be an imprint, ( this is another form of energy) some beingand are able to perform different spiritual tasks based on their spiritual growth, and level. Cause and effect are basically free will, if I'm understanding you correctly.

Throughout the day, most of us tap into our subconscious, we go in and out...while mostly conscious, it is the subconscious that energy freely comes and goes...in and out...from us to others, and vice versa. Most of it is passed off as random thoughts, feelings, ECT...when it is energy being transferred by others, or energy we are tapping into...depending on our vibrational wavelength at that time. If the wavelength s match, the message is often received, even if it is not acknowledge d by the recipient.

However, this can be recognized as psychic gifts, to another extent. If we tap into our own develop Ed gifts, could be through feelings, dreams, intellect, ECT...I'm whatever way each soul is most developed in...then we can also learn to read this energy, and actually form images, pictures, sound, and even other planes in existence, it does take development for most people, even if the foundation is already there.

It's hard to describe the energy world, when we live in a much more dense/physical reality.

Here's an example I'm going to try to use comparison for you.

Say, I'm 8 ft tall. There's 20 random people around me. I decide to through a ball straight ahead of me...who is going to reach that ball? Certainly not someone who can't reach that high, but the few taller ones will be able to

This is how vibrations and energetic wavelengths work in the spiritual world.
Unless you grow a few more feet, you might not reach the ball...when likening that to energy, you can reach the ball..if your vibrations are higher or on the same wavelengths. Good positive energy, love, happiness for example are higher frequencies...and negative energy, is hate, hurt and other lower frequency energy. It is harder to get a message from the spiritual world that is on a higher frequency...if you are not on that same positive frequency, spiritually, emotionally, ECT.

Most people pray and look for signs...when they are in a dark place themselves..that's why they are looking for signs, messages, and visitation s in the first place...for some kind of hope or faith...but we kinda have to have that already...to match their frequency...since they are in the energy world. That's why meditation, and sleep...are often the easiest way to contact us, if at all possible...since it resets our frequency each night, to our spiritual base, most times. There are exceptions. If they can not reach us, this way....they often resort to using electrical appliances(physical world energy)and other people who are in tuned to their frequency.

Sorry for the typos, autocorrect isnt very friendly