Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 14-10-2016, 06:43 AM
Master

2 trillion galaxies - what part does the Earth play?

News this morning. Astronomers have now been able to newly estimate that there are 20 times more galaxies in the universe than previously thought. An assumed total of two trillion. Therefore we can also expect there to be millions of planets similar to our own Earth.
For me personally this is good news for I think that we will all at some time become more and more aware (in the sense of empirical experience) of the understanding of the sheer infinity of life.
Eastern philosophies already knew this all those centuries ago. They told us how everything except the source is always reborn.
What a super future...!

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...xies-astronomy
Old 14-10-2016, 02:58 PM
Master
Sounds pretty good to me too And I always knew it in my heart, that life was supremely abundant, including sentient life and even humanoid sentient life. Thanks for sharing!

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 14-10-2016, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator
Two trillion galaxies! Wow, that is absolutely beautiful and awesome! Of course that still is a rough estimate of the magnificence of even the physical universe!
Old 15-10-2016, 06:24 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Therefore we can also expect there to be millions of planets similar to our own Earth.
If not trillions. There are billions upon billions of stars in each galaxy:

http://asd.gsfc.nasa.gov/blueshift/i...the-milky-way/
"There are different models for estimating the number of stars in the Milky Way and the answers they give differ depending on what is used as the average mass of a star. The most common answer seems to be that there are 100 billion stars in the Milky Way on the low-end and 400 billion on the high end. But I’ve seen even higher numbers thrown around."

With each star creating it's own collection of uniqueness. We are fascinated by the fact that situations on this planet are simply perfect for the types of life that it supports, but even if this environment were one in a trillion then that would still leave us with the possibility of trillions of planet options that are similar to our own.

So which planet would we then incarnate on? The ones that are inhabitable like ours is. Had we sought to be born on a plant like Mercury then things wouldn't be going this well. :)
Old 16-10-2016, 11:34 AM
Master

Little more than 100 years ago the then astronomers looked upon our own galaxy as being the universe. Then Andromeda was discovered and the discovery of other galaxies followed. There was a constant improvement in telescopes of all kinds leading to new knowledge of what we call the heavens and this gaining of knowledge has never ceased. It is one of our fundemental desires to know not only everything but we'd also dearly like to know if other sentient beings are anywhere to be found 'up there'.

The number 2 trillion causes ructions in my mind. I can't get over it. Not only because of the mass of material this represents but because I also wonder what else will be discovered in the coming years, decades or centuries... Talk about not knowing anything.

One of my basic beliefs or thoughts is that a universe existing solely 'in itself' would be somewhat pointless. Exploding stars, black holes and red giants need an audience. That's why we have (whatever the reason may be) consciousness - it's 'natures' way (call this God if you like) of assuring that the material universe is observed.

This leads to all kinds of philosophical deliberation. But it would appear that this thing which we have - consciousness - does separate us from 'stuff'. This simply because we can observe.

One day, I'm sure, science will place our feet on the path which will be seen to bypass our future understanding of material properties and show us what we cannot yet see.

Maybe it'll take 50 centuries still.
Old 19-10-2016, 02:32 PM
Ascender

Earth probably means about as much as a flea does in relation to the planet. We are of no importance at all.we wouldn't be missed either!
Old 19-10-2016, 07:35 PM
Experiencer

keep away from the Borg I say!
Old 20-10-2016, 01:29 PM
Knower

I believe so too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Little more than 100 years ago the then astronomers looked upon our own galaxy as being the universe. Then Andromeda was discovered and the discovery of other galaxies followed. There was a constant improvement in telescopes of all kinds leading to new knowledge of what we call the heavens and this gaining of knowledge has never ceased. It is one of our fundemental desires to know not only everything but we'd also dearly like to know if other sentient beings are anywhere to be found 'up there'.

The number 2 trillion causes ructions in my mind. I can't get over it. Not only because of the mass of material this represents but because I also wonder what else will be discovered in the coming years, decades or centuries... Talk about not knowing anything.

One of my basic beliefs or thoughts is that a universe existing solely 'in itself' would be somewhat pointless. Exploding stars, black holes and red giants need an audience. That's why we have (whatever the reason may be) consciousness - it's 'natures' way (call this God if you like) of assuring that the material universe is observed.

This leads to all kinds of philosophical deliberation. But it would appear that this thing which we have - consciousness - does separate us from 'stuff'. This simply because we can observe.

One day, I'm sure, science will place our feet on the path which will be seen to bypass our future understanding of material properties and show us what we cannot yet see.

Maybe it'll take 50 centuries still.