Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 31-01-2019, 12:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
You make some good points. Self awareness is both a personal tool of self discovery and self awareness towards self and others in those discoveries. A self aware person who has opened the process of reconciliation can easily look into most situations and see the need for the act of saying “I am sorry”.

A self aware person aware of others as the are, understands that the responsibility in reconciling lays within itself and also understands it is only my seeing and need that can address this more truthfully. Through our own understsnding of personal responsibility to everything we feel,it can move as this towards others aware of the struggles each person carries.

Reconciliation at the core of ones own division in all ways we see it, comes back to ourselves. Words may ease the surface nature of mistakes, but ultimately where that sorry comes from through ones own reconciliation is truly what moves in the world as all that. It may be wise to offer another our heartfelt apology for certain situations, to ease their suffering, but as we know the gift works both ways. I can forgive my aggressors, my parents and give them the gift they cannot see and feel as yet.

When your open fully and reflecting full self awareness as a totally responsible person to yourself and others, there is only you that moves things, if you so desire and need to bridge these things.

Hello, JustBe. I agree with your insight and comments on the foundational relationship of reconciliation to authentic love...and of both of these (on topic) to humility. I find it deeply gratifying to see just how strongly you stressed the importance reconciliation to those with awareness, to those seeking to consciously take ownership on their journey. Well done and agreed full stop.

Authentic love is the parent, or core...among its children are humility and a spirit of reconciliation. That is, humility and reconciliation are the fruit of authentic love in our lives day-to-day, and they allow us to be both vulnerable and strong, simultaneously -- a seeming paradox which is the mark of a deeper truth.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 31-01-2019, 01:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Peace and blessings to yourself as well.

Yes, you have really nailed it there. I also feel that being able to apologise is an expression dealing with the ability to take personal responsibility or accountability for one's actions and the ensuing personal vulnerability this engenders.

It may be a sign of the times, but many are afraid of exposure and vulnerability often leads to that... although, as you have rightly pointed out, narcissism isn't just a recent occurrence...it's just becoming more prevalent in recent times, where even crying is seen as a sign of weakness.

There are many things about this I would like to say, but I have just recently gone back on my psych meds and having "cotton wool for brains" is one of the side effects...which the doctor assures me will vanish in a month or two..
Shivani no worries...get back to me anytime or whenever your thoughts on this come back round!

I really like how you have stressed the apparently conflict and fear that many have around 1) growing up and taking ownership for your stuff and also 2) growing up and finding the courage to be real about who you are and where you are at.

I could not have said it better. This is what came to my mind after I let your words and JustBe's permeate for a bit...

We may accept and love ourselves and others at any point on our journey in a very simple and unexamined way. We may possess a simple and unexamined humility as well. Yet much of what was held to be truth (, goodness, and love) in the unexamined life will fall away when viewed from centre. And when our simple, reflexive, unexamined goodness is challenged by the dawn of our awakening, then who are we and what do we truly have? Many live as unexamined, and many stumble at the dawn of their awakening.

And thus after the passing of the bliss of ignorance, a metamorphosis must transpire in order live from centre and once again hold authentically to acceptance and love of self and others -- but this time from a place of deep awakening and clarity. So, it's true after all that the unexamined life is not worth living. And it's also true that what we manifest now is who and what we are now...we are radical acceptance and radical love (authentic love), comprising lovingkindness and equanimity.

Spiritual metamorphosis occurs on the path to living from centre, and thus what we term humility simply becomes ever more a part of who and what you are over time, as you live from the centre in a place of awareness, transparency, and vulnerability. Where manifest acts of reconciliation and honesty and vulnerability are seen as the spiritual pillars of strength and nourishment that they truly are. Rather than being viewed cynically as signs of weakness which the "strong" can exploit and prey upon.

Being humble is just living from centre over time with awareness (the examined life). Over time, the rivers wear down the mountains. Over time, humility yields radical acceptance and radical love. And that is why awakened humility is the bearer of vast reservoirs of grace. The humility necessary for apologies and for reconciliation -- and for self-honesty, acceptance, and ownership -- requires courage, maturity, and grace (faith, trust, gam zu l'tova)...the things which arise day-by-day on our journeys.

(And yes, it helps when you start to look ahead and can see the threads for humanity in future that you want to grasp now...that aids courage and integrity a LOT...hope to talk more on this with you when your head is less woolly )

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 31-01-2019, 11:43 AM
Guide
Thank you everyone for your responses.

I am leaving I'll be away from the Internet for some time.

Cheers.
Old 01-02-2019, 04:26 AM
janielee

Be well, green1!
Old 01-02-2019, 04:48 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by green1
Hi all,

It is all about humility, right?

What do you know/suggest about humility?

Thanks.

It has very little to do with your opinion of yourself, and everything to do with how you treat other people.

Arrogance is the opposite of humility.

Humility is a matter of being kind, and arrogance is about mistreating others.

It's not really difficult to understand this.

Just think of a few times when people have been rude to you. Do you see the arrogance in their behavior? ATTACK is arrogance.

Now think of times when people have been very kind to you. That's humility.

Neither arrogance nor humility are about having a high or a low opinion of yourself.

They're about how you treat other people.