Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 18-03-2019, 09:41 AM
Pathfinder
@pseudonymus
Very interesting the beliefs about her in your culture! Although I have to say I'm a man and I do wear a Kuan Yin necklace! And, gosh o gosh! Nooo I can't report no bad luck at all:). On the contrary:):).I know there are just cultural beliefs. Personally I come from Europe so here, there gives no Buddhist temples in my country almost none at all, let alone a Mahayana Buddhist one, hardly anyone in Europe have ever hear about Kuan Yin. Being her devote here means you have to live without the temples,...but fortunately we are living in the age of the internet,..
---

@NoOne
Yeah I know what you mean. When I studied the history of Kuan Yin in Asia, I realized that she is not only a Buddhist deity, actually she is all across the board with different beliefs, although her description about compassion, unconditional love,..remain the same. For the most interesting part, in Chines Folk Religion you can trance Kuan Yin origin back to their source goddess and believe it or not, they had call her; Queen of Heaven. The same they have call on the other side of the planet: Mary, mother of Jesus, and before that,..well you can get the idea that indeed you can trance also Kuan yin origins back to what Chinese Folktale call: Queen of Heaven.
---

I recomend to check out a book about her called; She Appears: Encounters with Kwan Yin, Goddess of Compassion. I've read quite a few books about her, but at most I could recommend the book which I have mention above. The book is more of a collection of real stories about modern encounters with Kuan Yin, from people all across the spectrum, practically atheists, to Buddist, to Christians, to others who didn't never practice or follow anykind of spirituality or religion, from people with severe diseases, to hospice employees, to psychologists. I quess maybe it's the book to recommend to everyone who is into anykind of deities, where people can read very personal experiences, how are the encounters with the devine. I'm not trying to make advertisements for that book, but I think it's really very well maded and can help people in a big way to compare, understand and ''see'' how people define, understand,..devine encounters, regardless of their spiritual beliefs, religion,..
Old 18-03-2019, 10:17 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetjazz

@NoOne
Yeah I know what you mean. When I studied the history of Kuan Yin in Asia, I realized that she is not only a Buddhist deity, actually she is all across the board with different beliefs, although her description about compassion, unconditional love,..remain the same. For the most interesting part, in Chines Folk Religion you can trance Kuan Yin origin back to their source goddess and believe it or not, they had call her; Queen of Heaven. The same they have call on the other side of the planet: Mary, mother of Jesus, and before that,..well you can get the idea that indeed you can trance also Kuan yin origins back to what Chinese Folktale call: Queen of Heaven.

Thanks for that info, certainly makes sense. Inanna literally means Queen of Heaven in Sumerian and I know for a fact that they are indeed the same person. Ditto with the Queen of Heaven aspect of Mother Mary in catholicism and the other goddesses I mentioned in my previous post.

Quote:
I recomend to check out a book about her called; She Appears: Encounters with Kwan Yin, Goddess of Compassion. I've read quite a few books about her, but at most I could recommend the book which I have mention above. The book is more of a collection of real stories about modern encounters with Kuan Yin, from people all across the spectrum, practically atheists, to Buddist, to Christians, to others who didn't never practice or follow anykind of spirituality or religion, from people with severe diseases, to hospice employees, to psychologists. I quess maybe it's the book to recommend to everyone who is into anykind of deities, where people can read very personal experiences, how are the encounters with the devine. I'm not trying to make advertisements for that book, but I think it's really very well maded and can help people in a big way to compare, understand and ''see'' how people define, understand,..devine encounters, regardless of their spiritual beliefs, religion,..

Thank you, that sounds just like her. She really delights in appearing to her devotees and even non-devotees in various forms. I'd say she is quite playful and enjoys the surprised reactions she gets from the gobsmacked…

She really is a lot of fun to be around.
Old 18-03-2019, 11:38 AM
Pathfinder
@NoOne
Yay, no problem:):).
Personally, I follow or practice her Buddhist path, with buddhist chants, mantras,....and trying to be so warm hearted, compassionate,.. as she is. Maybe an interesting story: I'm now a Caritas member (Catholic Church Charity Organization) I think it operates in almost every country in the world, it deals with poverty. We help the poor, homeless,...and well it was amazing to me,..that I was so and I'm so warmly welcome in Catholic Church organization, I have told the priests there, that I'm not a Catholic, I told them I'm a Buddhist (I didn't know how to introduce them on a fast way Kuan Yin:),..and they have warmly accepted me, now I'm standing in the middle of a catholic church with a Kuan Yin necklace, and everyone welcomes me, it feels like you would be home, could go to a Buddhist temple and be the same and I bet also to an islam mosque or Hindu temple. She is like a Multipass from 5th Element, I thank her everyday for her guidance,...
Old 18-03-2019, 12:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetjazz
@NoOne
Yay, no problem:):).
Personally, I follow or practice her Buddhist path, with buddhist chants, mantras,....and trying to be so warm hearted, compassionate,.. as she is. Maybe an interesting story: I'm now a Caritas member (Catholic Church Charity Organization) I think it operates in almost every country in the world, it deals with poverty. We help the poor, homeless,...and well it was amazing to me,..that I was so and I'm so warmly welcome in Catholic Church organization, I have told the priests there, that I'm not a Catholic, I told them I'm a Buddhist (I didn't know how to introduce them on a fast way Kuan Yin:),..and they have warmly accepted me, now I'm standing in the middle of a catholic church with a Kuan Yin necklace, and everyone welcomes me, it feels like you would be home, could go to a Buddhist temple and be the same and I bet also to an islam mosque or Hindu temple. She is like a Multipass from 5th Element, I thank her everyday for her guidance,...

I'll be honest, anything to do with the catholic church gives me the shivers.

If I went anywhere near one of their churches, I'd probably burst into flames, haha

But I get your drift, God is the same everywhere, as is his female aspect, the Goddess. I am far more comfortable with her Hindu, Buddhist and Sumerian-Assyrian manifestations, that is how she usually appears to me anyways.
Old 18-03-2019, 12:47 PM
Pathfinder
@NoOne
If I went anywhere near one of their churches, I'd probably burst into flames, haha

Ahahaha

''But I get your drift, God is the same everywhere, as is his female aspect, the Goddess. I am far more comfortable with her Hindu, Buddhist and Sumerian-Assyrian manifestations, that is how she usually appears to me anyways.''

Yes, personally, I'm not arguing with people which deity, gods,..are true, wrong, on which side,...yes you have understand me correctly