Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 09:26 PM
PaulChapmanTasmania

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
but these things are not possible to feel, perceive, know without awareness. iow, if you stripped yourself of all identities, what is left is the conclusion/perception that you are awareness . now one can ask who/what is aware, but this question cannot be answer thru direct direct knowing, you must go outside of you to answer this question, you go to t he objective world, to science to determine what is outside of you. but the answer will only at its best is a theory supported by physical always. ( meaning the answer can only be achieved thru reason)

Hybrid, can you explain a bit more the above?

Especially the bit: you must go outside of you to answer this question,

My understanding is that Reason only deals with what we 'KNOW'.
My intention is to realise What I do not KNOW. This is what I term "above reason".

KNOW here means to directly experience.

cheers
Old 06-09-2011, 09:28 PM
PaulChapmanTasmania

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
I dont always understand what you are saying Paul, and I dont feel I currently have a lot to talk about with you, but I like your intentions. Your energy reminds me of a song I used to like by a guy called Joe Smooth. Its called ''Promised Land''.

Thanks Mate ............
Old 06-09-2011, 09:28 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulChapmanTasmania
A baby will look at a snake and see pretty colours.
A child in Australia may avoid the snake, a chikld in India may catch the snake
An adult may understand its nature and act in a variety of ways.

Your observations of 'it just is' will always have a framework, you are only deluding yourself and others if you purport that your method is the true reality.

You are simply following an ideology through experience of "it is what it is".

What happens next though is performed through ideology.
I have absolutely no idea what your point is, Paul..

My point is, that there is a natural relationship of circumstances that result in natural harmony, but.. conditioning, beliefs, insistent intimidating evangelists/Kabbalists, preferences, personal histories, etc.. distort the clarity needed to see the actual relationships.. such that the ability to make choices that align with the natural harmony of Life is diminished.. first, we need clear information, we need to see what 'is'.. not what you or others 'say' it is.. that is my meaning, in spite of your babies and snakes stories..

Be well..
Old 06-09-2011, 09:37 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:

NO SEPARATION - ONLY UNITY - ALL OUR WELCOME ........YES/NO?
WRONG QUESTION. Unity is separated nodes of consciousness 'united' in a synergistic interconnected network.. SEPARATION-YES and UNITY-YES.. ALL individuals are welcome to join together in Unity, maintaining individuality while working in harmony..

Be well..
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Realization is realizing what the self is.

which is???
PaulChapmanTasmania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
I'd like to make a point here that this is a discussion forum first and foremost. Discussion implying that no one is under any expectation to have to believe or be convinced of anything else. Being more aggressive isn't going to help. If you want to discuss this topic, it's all well and good - yay for expanding our minds! But can we avoid the idea that "converting" any one person's thoughts is a goal here. It's not.

SF is NOT a battleground and should not be used as such to push any particular idea on anyone else or as a soapbox to say who is or isn't enlightened. Frankly, it seems like you're all saying the same thing but arguing about the words used to say it.

We're at 475 pages now - it's starting to look like this isn't a discussion but is more of 'who can poke who's chest hardest'.

With the deepest respect; I understand that when, we as seperate selfs, connect to become integrated selves, what is first revealed is its opposition, in other words the recognition of how we actually feel about others, beneath all the so called associations about what it means to be 'spiritual', the animalistic nature that governs our existence here. The potential spiritual component (in Man) is that despite these sensations, we rise above them to mutually support one another.
I think that sharing of ones opinions and frustrations etc, reveal to the writer a greater truth and to the recipients another level to rise above, after all what we agree with is what we have already attained, the fact that this thread is active, to me is valued, it means that there is connection.
If we or I can always keep in mind the underlying root connection with all, then perhaps we can deepen our connection to something of real value that constantly has us striving to support one another.

Old 06-09-2011, 09:46 PM
moke64916

I agree, yet humans are humans, and have feelings . It's just a matter of self-discipline and living by the simple principle of, "Do onto others as you would do onto yourself." I see unity. Your a loving compassionate person and I respect you. Your smart too. I think we're Gunna get along just fine.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Master
Quote:
With the deepest respect; I understand that when, we as seperate selfs, connect to become integrated selves, what is first revealed is its opposition, in other words the recognition of how we actually feel about others, beneath all the so called associations about what it means to be 'spiritual', the animalistic nature that governs our existence here. The potential spiritual component (in Man) is that despite these sensations, we rise above them to mutually support one another.
I think that sharing of ones opinions and frustrations etc, reveal to the writer a greater truth and to the recipients another level to rise above, after all what we agree with is what we have already attained, the fact that this thread is active, to me is valued, it means that there is connection.
If we or I can always keep in mind the underlying root connection with all, then perhaps we can deepen our connection to something of real value that constantly has us striving to support one another.

My post was made to remind EVERYONE to back off with the aggressive attitudes - it's harmful and is causing people distress. And no I'm not kidding and no I can't share.

So with deepest respect, the wellbeing of our members right now is my concern. The push-push-push of the entire idea does not have anybody's wellbeing at heart, except for those doing the pushing. I do not see 'mutual support'. I see sniping and self-servience.

Because of concerns expressed by several members, this thread will be closed for staff discussion. There is more than enough information here for study.

Closed Thread