Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 30-05-2014, 12:34 AM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieCotton
Christians can be very spiritual people. They can either be mean and hateful, or have beautiful spirits, just like everyone else. Religion,or the lack, doesn't make us who we are. Any teaching can be twisted by those with an "agenda". I don't happen to think that the teachings of Paul were divinely inspired, but they should definitely be studied for any wisdom they offer.

I agree!
Old 30-05-2014, 04:02 AM
Master
Once again...

The "Dead Sea Scrolls", found in Qumran, which were hidden by the Essene community, validate our present Bible, in it's various interpreted versions.

www.biblehub.com

So, there is no need for concern. Whether genuine, or feigned.

Which archeological find has been undergoing highly sophisticated research for some 60 years now.
(Hmmm... "60", a very interesting number.)

Learn about the Dead Sea Scrolls, and how they validate the accuracy of our present scriptural texts.
http://www.uhl.ac/en/projects/the-dead-sea-scrolls/

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 30-05-2014, 05:28 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_andrew700
Hello everyone help! In what can i believe? I saw a documentary on History Channel about the bible, and it said that the bible has been modified thousand of time, so how can you trust on the bible now? What about the gnostic gospels and so on??
You don't need to rely on the Bible Andrew.
There are many other places where faith can be found. The NDERF site is a good place to look I find.

http://www.nderf.org/
Old 31-05-2014, 07:38 PM
Master
Those that are disaffected towards the Bible are an unfortunate situation. - You can rely on the Bible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Once again...

The "Dead Sea Scrolls", found in Qumran, which were hidden by the Essene community, validate our present Bible, in it's various interpreted versions.

www.biblehub.com

So, there is no need for concern. Whether genuine, or feigned.

Which archeological find has been undergoing highly sophisticated research for some 60 years now.
(Hmmm... "60", a very interesting number.)

Learn about the Dead Sea Scrolls, and how they validate the accuracy of our present scriptural texts.
http://www.uhl.ac/en/projects/the-dead-sea-scrolls/

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 01-06-2014, 04:55 AM
LadyTerra

The Book of Enoch & The Book of Jubilees & The Epistle of Jeremiah are just a few examples of texts included among many of the Dead Sea Scrolls that are not included in The Bible.

The Bible contains a wealth of knowledge and wisdom...but there are other Holy Books that do (as well).

The OP is wise to realize that there are vast resources of knowledge to explore.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:55 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Those that are disaffected towards the Bible are an unfortunate situation. - You can rely on the Bible.
It depends what you are looking for -
Wisdom? Yes. There is a great deal, but there is also some foolishness.
Truth? Yes. There is some spiritual truth in there, but there is also a good portion of manmade myth.
The only way to find God? Definitely not.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
It depends what you are looking for -
Wisdom? Yes. There is a great deal, but there is also some foolishness.
Truth? Yes. There is some spiritual truth in there, but there is also a good portion of manmade myth.
The only way to find God? Definitely not.
Obviously it's a very spiritual book though. Billions of people are inspired by it. The amount of charity done by those influenced by the Christian faith is quite amazing as well. It's just as spiritual as any other religious book imo, so if you desire spirituality, the bible would be an excellent place to look.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:14 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_andrew700
Hello everyone help! In what can i believe? I saw a documentary on History Channel about the bible, and it said that the bible has been modified thousand of time, so how can you trust on the bible now? What about the gnostic gospels and so on??

I think the OP is ready to move-on to the Nag Hammadi--aka The Gnostic Gospels. I've read and enjoyed them (very much).

We should feel free to explore all Wisdom--for we are all a part of Creation.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:45 PM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Obviously it's a very spiritual book though. Billions of people are inspired by it. The amount of charity done by those influenced by the Christian faith is quite amazing as well. It's just as spiritual as any other religious book imo, so if you desire spirituality, the bible would be an excellent place to look.
I wholeheartedly agree. But it is not the only way. Some find other books more useful, and some take their inspiration from films.
Whatever suits each individual.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:21 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
I wholeheartedly agree. But it is not the only way. Some find other books more useful, and some take their inspiration from films.
Whatever suits each individual.

Thank you for sharing your Insight & Perspective--Ecthalion!

Wisdom is all around us and The Others have sent me messages in vastly different and endearing ways...

A Feather...sticking straight-up in the Grass...warning me to pay attention--because a change is on its way.

A Song (that my Beloved and I shared) played on more than one station--reminding me that his Love walks with me--protecting me (always).

A Funny Movie (when I'm feeling down) making me laugh through my tears--ensuring me that tomorrow will be a brighter day.

Mickey Rooney on that life insurance commercial that wouldn't leave me alone--until we bought the insurance--then I never saw the commercial (again). My Beloved passed through the Veil--just 4 short years later.

There are many paths of Wisdom--filled w/ wondrous Mysteries & Knowledge--just waiting to be discovered and there are Signs all around us...all the time--just waiting to be seen.

What could be more wondrous than the pure, untainted, JOY of a chubby Baby's Laugh...reminding us of new beginnings--which bring the promise of a Glorious New Journey!!! LOL

Embrace ALL Knowledge & Wisdom...remain OPEN to every Sign the Universe has to offer! Its an ADVENTURE!!!

Peace and Love on everyone's (individual) path of choice...

Blessed be...