Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 20-12-2011, 04:17 AM
SunMist

weird people drawn to me

Hi all, I've had a lifelong pattern of attracting weird, sometimes insane people. I wonder what it means. I won't pretend that I'm not a little odd myself, but usually I am the solid steady one in comparison to those that seem drawn to me or fate seems to "set me up" with. For example this very day I was in a long line and a lady in the line talked my ear off the entire time. I could tell she was a bit unbalanced and lonesome so I talked (or rather listened) with her as there was no getting out of that line anyway. So as I looked up and down the line I saw there was no one else talking, nobody! So why me? Why did I end up in that line right next to her? I wonder is the universe reflecting something to me, about me that I find hard to see....or am I playing some sort of karmic role with these people...what???? In some cases it is easy to say I just listen and don't shut them down like most would do, but there are astounding coincidences where I am thrown together with them that defy the odds and goes way beyond whether I'm "too" polite.

Thoughts anyone?

PS - just as I was writing this post the idea of it being karma resonated hugely but still what does it mean???? I guess if I weren't too chicken to astral travel I could go to the akashic records and find out.
Old 20-12-2011, 04:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunMist
Hi all, I've had a lifelong pattern of attracting weird, sometimes insane people. I wonder what it means. I won't pretend that I'm not a little odd myself, but usually I am the solid steady one in comparison to those that seem drawn to me or fate seems to "set me up" with. For example this very day I was in a long line and a lady in the line talked my ear off the entire time. I could tell she was a bit unbalanced and lonesome so I talked (or rather listened) with her as there was no getting out of that line anyway. So as I looked up and down the line I saw there was no one else talking, nobody! So why me? Why did I end up in that line right next to her? I wonder is the universe reflecting something to me, about me that I find hard to see....or am I playing some sort of karmic role with these people...what???? In some cases it is easy to say I just listen and don't shut them down like most would do, but there are astounding coincidences where I am thrown together with them that defy the odds and goes way beyond whether I'm "too" polite.

Thoughts anyone?

PS - just as I was writing this post the idea of it being karma resonated hugely but still what does it mean???? I guess if I weren't too chicken to astral travel I could go to the akashic records and find out.

It's rare that peope feel comfortable with this kind of person, and if you do you have a very rare quality.
Old 20-12-2011, 04:32 AM
Master
Hi SunMist, yes I have drawn crazy type people to me all my life, I have also drawn people who just wanted to hurt me, such as being raped, and a long line of sexual abuse, also being shot by some stranger, if i told you the whole story you probably wont believe it, But yea, I just don't know why, i think it could be that when i was younger I had a shy childlike look, and that is what these predators look for, someone who they know wont fight back, but I will tell you, I would shoot anyone who did that to me today.
Old 20-12-2011, 05:06 AM
silent whisper

So my question is...Is this space of attraction something you feel repelled by, or simply more curious about. Life on earth is about connection and unity but not to the detriment of our own drain..If its uplifting and enjoyable then perhaps it is showing you how open you are to connection with lots of people. Sometimes empaths attract these people because they sense our willingness to be "available" to their needs. If its wearing you down, it might mean you are allowing to much of your energy to be drained in these times. If its not then enjoy it for what it is regardless of what everyone else is not doing...I dont see it as Karmic, but more an opening to reveal to you the unity of all souls we can embrace. What do you offer them in this space besides a listening ear...anything else?
Old 20-12-2011, 05:10 AM
Master
I also have drawn people to me who end up dying of cancer, I have talked to these people about death before they were even diagnosed, why ?, I don't know.
Old 20-12-2011, 06:00 AM
SunMist

Thank you guys for such fast replies, it is much help to me as this situation is strongly on my mind tonight.

Gem, thank you but it is a mixed bag for me. I think compared to most people I am more comfortable with dealing with them and can have some understanding/compassion for them. BUT as I've gotten older and had some negative experiences related to this phenomenon I will admit to having become less giving and more churlish. I think part of why they are so desperate to force connection with others (which is how I see what they do) is that they are denied connection by 99% of the people they encounter. And the blame for that lies on the 99% which fears the different and doesn't see some of what they need to fear is within those who seem the most normal on the surface. I think if everyone in general was more kind much would be solved. Lol, guess I got on my soapbox a bit there....

Psychoslice, oh I'd believe it - I've "attracted" some weird stuff in my life. I'm sorry you've been through so much but it sounds like you are a great protector for yourself today. I think part of why I've been on the spiritual path looking for answers is that life is so clearly unfair in a number of ways and it's hard to believe it is just random. About the people with cancer, to me that sounds like it just has to be past-life / karmic related.

Quote:
Sometimes empaths attract these people because they sense our willingness to be "available" to their needs.
Silentwhisper, I've long believed that was going on. Like I said to Gem though I do feel some sort of obligation to not just turn away because I know what most people do. It is true though that I often give more than I can afford or get in a little deeper than I realize. What I give beyond listening....well today I showed her an alternate view on some of the things she was one-sidedly negative about. I'm not sure she was able to take it in though.
Old 20-12-2011, 07:43 AM
Master
People feel safe with you. That's my first thought. My mom and my daughter have noticed this with me and my daughter said once "Mom, how come people just come up and start talking to you?" For me, the difficulty comes when I am in a hurry and people in store lines, the cashiers, or if I'm out and about anywhere, they start telling me their life history and tears flow...I need to get where I need to go, get things done and They tell me everything. I listen best I can and even offer and give hugs.

Maybe consider yourself a blessing to those that can see you are safe or someone who cares. I think at one point I thought that I attracted weirdos and freaks ...truth be known, when I was a teen I thought that...not a nice thing to think, but same I thought I was different, a misfit, and then the people that felt safe to talk to me were odd, I gasped in horror that I must be seen as the same... a freak? But as I got older, I realized that yes, I am a misfit because I am different but it's not a bad thing, in fact, i see it as a good thing and when my daughter pointed out that people always talk to me, I realized that it's really a good thing. I would hate for people to feel they couldnt' approach me, talk to me or feel safe in my presence.
Old 20-12-2011, 08:01 AM
Master
This came up before ~ must be that time of year when people are more out and about..............Detachment ~ check out the thread below. It meant a lot to me and many other people were grateful for the info>>>

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3821

You have a gift, SunMist. So do I. I can 'close' myself off if I feel the need, but if people approach me, I'm gentle yet strong and can tell them softly and kindly that I have to go, or I have a headache or I find a way to let myself off the hook from listening to them. And if you find yourself a captive audience like in that line at the store, then thank your lucky stars for being who you are.

Old 20-12-2011, 08:20 AM
Mind's Eye

Well Sunmist; as I sit here having a conversation with my cat about the vastness of the universe, and all the purple fairies hover about the room and chant my name in spooky tones... I was just drawn to you to say hello...
Old 20-12-2011, 08:49 AM
Kaausti

I've found that the odder, weirder or more unique individuals may be more "connected" spiritually then others that "have it all together or appear perfectly put together". I would associate some of these folks with children with those who are labeled with different "disabilities"....a lot of these folks may be those that general society doesn't pay much attention to. As someone said earlier, your energy is probably a light in their path. As someone also shared, you may want to consider disengaging your energy at some point as you may tire or become exhausted, a feeling of being "zapped" of your energy. My thoughts are that you are a safe light in their lives, but, be careful not to give them too much energy...or we may tend to try to ignore them from time to time when we are too tired. But, that's normal as normal can be to say, "not today" and just give them a nice smile and nod. Just the smile from the "light" can help brighten up their day.