Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Closed Thread

Old 18-12-2006, 06:33 AM
Neeti_Shri

thought for the day

thought for the day

hi all!please feel free to post ur own thought for the day[TFTD] as well...i am going to post a few by sri sathya sai baba here whenever possible.

as written today in prashanti nilayam,abode of bhagwan sri sathya sai baba.

Speak the truth, speak pleasantly and do not speak unpalatable truth. These three correspond to moral, righteous, and spiritual values respectively. Man's life is the combination of these three values. Adhere to truth and righteousness. Truth is unchanging. Trikala Badhyam Sathyam (that which is unchanging in the past, present and future) alone is truth. It is said that the evil effects of Kali Age cannot shake the one whose heart is filled with compassion, whose speech is suffused with truth and whose body is used for serving others.
- BABA

as written on nov 30th,2006

The reflection of the sun shining in the sky can be seen in the oceans, rivers, lakes and wells. Though the reflections are many, there is only one sun. The Divine is present in man like the unseen thread which holds a garland of gems together. The entire cosmos is permeated by the Divine and is the visible manifestation of the Divine. Nothing in the world, no object, no human being, no creature can be found wherein God is not present. There is only one God and he is 'Sath-Chith-Ananda' (Being-Awareness-Bliss).
-BABA

for more TFTD,visit the website link i have given in spiritual forums,in the links section.thanking u,neeti.
Old 18-12-2006, 11:42 AM
dreamer

The moment you willingly give everything you have is the moment you will willingly be given everything there is. - Me (whatever that is)
Old 19-12-2006, 12:35 AM
soulauraz

"What good will it be for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeits his soul?" - Matthew 16:26

"The state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of your mind" - Dr Wayne W Dyer.

"The fact that man knows right from wrong proves his intellectual superiority to other creatures; but the fact that he can do wrong proves his moral inferiority to any creature that cannot" - Mark Twain

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" - Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 19-12-2006, 11:21 AM
Neeti_Shri

TFTD as written today in prashanti nilayam[abode of bhagawan sri sathya sai baba] 19th dec 2006:

Wherever you may be, in whatever country, do not give room for religious differences. Adhere to your faith and your traditions. When differences between religions are given up, love will develop in you. When love grows, you can have a direct vision of God. Without love, mere verbal prayers are of no avail. Realise that love is present in everyone. It is the unifier, the motivator and the bringer of joy to all. Therefore, cultivate love. Love is the form of the Divine and God can be realised only through love.
- BABA
Old 19-12-2006, 11:26 AM
dreamer

Amen to that neetikamath. .
Old 22-12-2006, 09:58 AM
Neeti_Shri

TFTD as written in prashanti nilayam today 22nd dec 2006:

Tell me your company and I shall tell you what you are. When you associate yourself with ephemeral things, the results also are bound to be so. You should develop friendship with Divinity, which alone is true and eternal. Divinity is very much present in you. The external world is subject to change. The world is nothing but a combination of matter. Everything in this world is transitory. Nothing is permanent. The unseen Atmic principle alone is true and eternal.
- BABA

TFTD as written on nov 19th 2006:

Motherhood is the most precious gift of God. Mothers are the makers of a nation's fortune, for they shape the sinews of its soul. These sinews are toughened by two lessons - fear of sin and fondness of virtue. As the mother, so the sweetness of culture. As the mother, so the progress of the nation. If mothers take care of their families, they will be protecting the nation. Mothers should foster in their children, love for truth, righteousness and narrate inspirational stories of great men and women.
-SAI BABA
Old 22-12-2006, 10:29 AM
dreamer

Hey Neetikamath,

I really love these quotes. I have a question for you, I googled Sai Baba last week and it brought me to a Sai Baba website which said he died in 1918. I had assumed he was still alive from what people write about him though, whats the truth of the matter?
Old 23-12-2006, 06:56 AM
Neeti_Shri

hey dreamer!
actually,there are two sai babas...the present baba is bhagawan sri sathya sai baba who is a reincarnation of the previous one, sri shirdi sai baba.shirdi baba lived until 1918 and 8 years later,sri sathya sai baba was born.they are full incarnations of god...plz see the website link i have given in the links section of spiritual forums.sri sathya sai baba is now 81 years old,his life has been a constant outpouring of pure love towards all beings and of selfless service,there has never been an avatar like him in the history of mankind.he is krishna and all gods in one.he lives in puttaparti ,south india,which is his birthplace.millions of ppl of all religions converge on this place and i live here too...anywayz,u will get all the info in the website...merry christmas!neeti.
Old 23-12-2006, 07:01 AM
Neeti_Shri

TFTD as written in prashanti nilayam on nov 1st 2006:

Character is the true ornament of man. The loss of this ornament is the source of all his suffering and misery. Man does not realize the purpose for which he has been created by God. God’s creation is pregnant with profound truths, mysteries and ideals. But man has forgotten these ideals. He is unable to appreciate the significance of his legacy. Of all the powers in the world, human power is the greatest. Man assigns value to everything in this world, but he is unable to recognize his own value.
-SAI BABA

16th February 2006
The root cause of all difficulties experienced by man is forgetfulness of his spiritual reality and identification with his body. The body is only the vesture of the Indwelling Spirit. By immersing himself in body-consciousness, man develops egoism and possessiveness, which in turn give rise to many other vices. He forgets his inherent divinity and fails to use the senses and organs he is endowed with. Your senses are God-given gifts. They should be used only for sacred purposes and should not be misused. Entertain only sacred thoughts and engage yourselves only in sacred deeds. Thereby, you will be sanctifying your lives. There is only one royal road to realizing God. It is the path of Divine love. You have come from the Divine and your destiny is to merge in the Divine. - BABA
Old 23-12-2006, 11:36 AM
~Jay~

Oh I really like the last one!
Closed Thread