Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 20-04-2018, 01:37 AM
Experiencer

At peace is putting it lightly, lol. I was like a little kid on his best day ever, only a thousand times better.
I'm not sure about my being emotionally at peace ever in my life before the NDE. I found I nearly loathed myself and didn't even realize it. I'd been raised traditional Christian (Lutherean), but from my late teens/early 20's I rejected religion more and more until finally for about 15 years before the NDE believing when you die, you're dead...that's the end of you...period. And I was fine with that. But even during that time I was still a big fan of "don't do to others what you wouldn't want done to you". And I never was deceitful, materialistic or selfish...lol, no, I wasn't a saint. But maybe that had something to do with it. Learning of other NDEs of those who experienced hell, they'd said before the NDE they were very self centered.
Maybe your confusion during the NDE was because of something important you questioned/weren't sure of in this life...?? Or something you were sure of that you found wasn't the way you thought?
Keep working on it, Colorado. It's been 11 years since my NDE and I'm still learning things. One of the very serious researchers of NDEs said it takes an average of 17 years before a full realization (whatever that means) of it happens.
Old 20-04-2018, 05:32 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Interesting, and we are all entitled to our opinions, theories, etc., but how do you
account for people who have had out-of-body experiences and come back giving
accounts of life beyond the physical; do you think they were just dreaming?

It is not my intention to refute what you have shared, or to convince you otherwise,
it just is my intention to further the discussion/topic which you have initiated. Peace.

It's my belief that obe, or astral projection, any spiritual energy work really, functions on the same subconcious level where dreaming occurs. If anything it is a theory that supports the idea that we are not physical beings at all, but rather concious energy passing from one realm to another within the self.

Old 20-04-2018, 05:32 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Interesting, and we are all entitled to our opinions, theories, etc., but how do you
account for people who have had out-of-body experiences and come back giving
accounts of life beyond the physical; do you think they were just dreaming?

It is not my intention to refute what you have shared, or to convince you otherwise,
it just is my intention to further the discussion/topic which you have initiated. Peace.

It's my belief that obe, or astral projection, any spiritual energy work really, functions on the same subconcious level where dreaming occurs. If anything it is a theory that supports the idea that we are not physical beings at all, but rather concious energy passing from one realm to another within the self.

Old 20-04-2018, 06:03 AM
Master
Talking A Web of Illusions

A never ending matrix... that sounds rather 'awful'...!

But I think you may be actually right.. not in it being for an eternity, but beyond this realm is possibly... a Web of llusions, where we can become trapped.
I think even many so called ''angels'' could be under this spell..

Angels may be benevolent but they too are imperfect.. If you follow eastern religions than those living in the heavenly realms are merely there because of good karma, not enlightenment. Whereas the human suffers enough to possibly search for enlightenment, the demigods are absorbed in their pleasures and pleasantries. I think angels could be among them, judging the world according to their 'higher standards'.. compared to us.. but at the same time not suffering enough to seek enlightenment. I have read plenty of accounts on the teachings of angels.. and often it is contradictory and very fluff.. with strange interpretations on karma, ''soul contracts'' etc.

So yeah.. the realm beyond this realm... is most likely a Web of Illusions, with probably many great things.. but when we go there it's best to focus on Divinity, not all these distractions...!
Old 24-04-2018, 07:26 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
A never ending matrix... that sounds rather 'awful'...!

But I think you may be actually right.. not in it being for an eternity, but beyond this realm is possibly... a Web of llusions, where we can become trapped.
I think even many so called ''angels'' could be under this spell..

Angels may be benevolent but they too are imperfect.. If you follow eastern religions than those living in the heavenly realms are merely there because of good karma, not enlightenment. Whereas the human suffers enough to possibly search for enlightenment, the demigods are absorbed in their pleasures and pleasantries. I think angels could be among them, judging the world according to their 'higher standards'.. compared to us.. but at the same time not suffering enough to seek enlightenment. I have read plenty of accounts on the teachings of angels.. and often it is contradictory and very fluff.. with strange interpretations on karma, ''soul contracts'' etc.

So yeah.. the realm beyond this realm... is most likely a Web of Illusions, with probably many great things.. but when we go there it's best to focus on Divinity, not all these distractions...!

I am soooooo happy you described it as a "web of illusions." Mainly the "web" part. Because when I visualize the idea, it is like a web of consciousness forever expanding and contracting - it brought a whole new perspective of the native American creation story, that the world is made on a turtles shell (the pattern of the shell, the "world" not being the physical world, but "our own little world.") And we are within that web, not outside of it.