Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 05-03-2018, 12:27 PM
Experiencer
Can't make a decision.....

Living in this non duality consciousness, feel so hard to make a decision....
for example, I want to become a better person earn more money, more successful, more attractive.
then I realize I m non duality being,i don't need to become a better person don't need to earn more money or more attractive.
because who I m right now is also a version of the Oneness,Oneness chosed this way to experience the earth life to be poor and unattractive.

If I want to be more successful more money more attractive, that can be fulfilled too, and in other versions of me I m already that way.

So, finally , all I need to do is staying as the same, no change, nothing to do....
just accept and enjoy the current situation as whatever it is......since it is Source wanted me to "experience" in this incarnation.....if I want too much , that is from my disbelief the ego and duality mind.

How do u think?

Thank u。
Old 05-03-2018, 01:01 PM
Master

I don't really think. I feel. I live. I love.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by starnight1
for example, I want to become a better person earn more money, more successful, more attractive.
then I realize I m non duality being,i don't need to become a better person don't need to earn more money or more attractive.
because who I m right now is also a version of the Oneness,Oneness chosed this way to experience the earth life to be poor and unattractive.

If I want to be more successful more money more attractive, that can be fulfilled too, and in other versions of me I m already that way.

So, finally , all I need to do is staying as the same, no change, nothing to do....
just accept and enjoy the current situation as whatever it is......since it is Source wanted me to "experience" in this incarnation.....if I want too much , that is from my disbelief the ego and duality mind.

How do u think?

Thank u。

Whatever you do it will be Oneness looking and feeling like you doing it. It feels like you deciding and doing but it never has been, is not now, and never will be. For that reason there is no you to get anything wrong or be somehow not a genuine nondual person:). No matter what you do it will be Oneness appearing to do it by and to 'itself'.

From a nondual perspective there is only the appearance of separate people where there are no separate people whatsoever, yet we are conditioned to believe that there are, understandably so, as separation looks so convincingly solid. In this sense nonduality is madness because it flies in the face of our experience:)

Despite that challenge (which is too much for some) it seems nonduality can nevertheless resonate with some characters to end the feeling of disconnection, no matter what state you are in. for Oneness is all states.

Good Luck.
Old 05-03-2018, 05:45 PM
Master

You manifested in this world to experience duality.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:14 PM
Master

Quote:

How do u think?

Thank u。

Perhaps we have to differentiate between Oneness (or the Self) and Consciousness.

While some people may declare there is only limitless unchanging Oneness, we are also Consciousness experiencing the limited worlds of form, as inavalan says.

The Self is the Self, whatever our personal circumstances. Changing our personal circumstances has no effect on the Self.

But as Consciousness experiencing form, we cannot do nothing. We are bound to act, even while knowing that the Self does not act.

Does Source really want us to experience particular things? Does Oneness really choose to be poor or rich, beautiful or unattractive? Or is it Consciousness that chooses particular experiences in a particular environment for its own learning?

We live in a paradox. We choose and we do not choose. We act and we do not act. We may accept the reality of each moment without resistance, but we can also change all future moments by our choices in this moment.

So by all means try doing nothing, try staying the same, try not changing. But you will find that you cannot do nothing and change will happen. So the question is, are you fulfilled? Are you happy with your current circumstances? If so, great. If not, then only you can change your experience. We are all actors in a play but we are also writing this play.

Peace.
Old 06-03-2018, 02:27 AM
Experiencer
If we give up the "Trying ", give up totally,
will the Oneness/Source come, and do ?

and only when we really reach the level of "giving up",only then I guess the Source will come?
Old 06-03-2018, 10:17 AM
Master

Quote:
If we give up the "Trying ", give up totally,
will the Oneness/Source come, and do ?

and only when we really reach the level of "giving up",only then I guess the Source will come?

Source (Oneness) is all there is! It doesn't "come" or require any "giving up". It is already what you think and feel you are right now! It is already Oneness (Source) feeling that you are separate. If that feeling ends you will indeed feel better but you will not be any MORE connected to Oneness than you are right now!!

Last edited by Iamit : 06-03-2018 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:52 PM
Master

Hi starnight1,

Giving up, despair is not the answer, nor is it some mysteriously efficacious formula for success.
In the physical universe work is unavoidable, so giving up is a debilitating and ultimately impossible avoidance of responsibility.
Rather, yoga in the true sense deals with the mastery of life energy toward the fulfillment of divine purpose for each individual.

Suggest that you read about Karma Yoga.
Swami Vivekananda or Sri Aurobindo are good resources for that subject.

The reason that suggestion is given is because Karma Yoga deals with the divine Will in the dynamic physical aspect of existence, and in that regard, Aurobindo’s Integral Yoga (see 'The Synthesis of Yoga') may be more helpful for the following reasons.

Oneness is easier to imagine as static and undifferentiated, and that is the traditional preference for non-duality. However, Oneness is also extant in-and-of the differentiated multiplicity of Nature just the same. But in that form it is more difficult to reckon with, especially in the current era, and thus can become confusing, even stultifying to some aspirants so focused.

It is within that field of differentiation - the physical interactive interdependent unity - where Karma Yoga can be a significant and useful augmentation to the far-flung abstractions of Advaita - which can easily become confusing to aspirants who cannot in this age afford the luxury of living in isolation on a rural mountain-side in a loincloth - but must live and work in densely populated urban environments and deal daily and momentarily with pressing practical issues of life.

In this era, the emerging spiritual aspiration can be fulfilled more completely (and less conflicted or confusingly) by the mutual augmentation of the integral approach.

~ J
Old 06-03-2018, 05:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
Source (Oneness) is all there is! It doesn't "come" or require any "giving up". It is already what you think and feel you are right now! It is already Oneness (Source) feeling that you are separate. If you get rid of that feeling you will indeed feel better but you will not be any MORE connected to Oneness than you are right now!!

As has been said so often in these discussions, there is a big difference between the intellectual understanding that Source or Oneness is all there is and the actual identification with Oneness.

It is like the difference between reading a menu and actually eating the food.

Identification with Oneness makes no difference to Oneness but it does involve a huge shift in Consciousness, and that shift comes through complete surrender.

Peace.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
As has been said so often in these discussions, there is a big difference between the intellectual understanding that Source or Oneness is all there is and the actual identification with Oneness.

It is like the difference between reading a menu and actually eating the food.

Identification with Oneness makes no difference to Oneness but it does involve a huge shift in Consciousness, and that shift comes through complete surrender.

Peace.

And for that reason the reply is so often required that it is already Oneness not having the actual indentification with 'Itself':). And also for the purpose of connection, there is no difference between reading the menu and eating the food, for Oneness is both:)

And before you mention it, it is also Oneness manifesting as 'anyone' not realializing any of this! So realizing it will not in any way increase connection.

There is really no distance to travel for total connection to Oneness.